Stereosonic - Dec 1 - Melbourne Showgrounds

Remove this Banner Ad

stereomain.png

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Less than a month away, starting to get a little bit excited about it.

Really looking forward to seeing
Booka Shade
Trentmoller
Vicarious Bliss
DJ Medhi

Set times are up. ATM am thinking something like this.

1.45 - 2.45 BANG GANG
2.45 - 4.00 TRENTMOLLER Live In Concert
3.45 - 5.15 VICARIOUS BLISS
5.30 - 6.30 BOOKA SHADE (Sorry Medhi)
7.30 - 9.00 ARMAND VAN HELDEN
8.30 - 10.00 MARTIJN TEN VELDEN

Set times are up. ATM am thinking something like this.

1.45 - 2.45 BANG GANG
2.45 - 4.00 TRENTMOLLER Live In Concert
3.45 - 5.15 VICARIOUS BLISS
5.30 - 6.30 BOOKA SHADE (Sorry Medhi)
7.30 - 9.00 ARMAND VAN HELDEN
8.30 - 10.00 MARTIJN TEN VELDEN

I am thinking

02:30 – 03:30p KLAAS (OneLove)
02:45 – 04:00p TRENTEMOLLER Live In Concert (Main Stage)
04:00 – 05:30p FEDDE LE GRAND (Main Stage)
05:15 – 06:45p DJ MEHDI (Showbag Stage)
06:30 – 07:30p KAZ JAMES (Main Stage)
07:30 – 09:00p ARMAND VAN HELDEN (Main Stage)
08:30 – 10:00p MARTIJN TEN VELDEN (OneLove)

The ones in red i am going to miss he start because i will be seeing the start of the other acts. That said, i learnt from parklife you wont come close to seeing everyone you want. I'd love to see Booka Shade, all of Trentemoller and pretty much most of the Showbag and Band Stage as well but it won't happen. I will probs miss trentemoller to get something to eat/drink and probs miss a bit of Kaz James.

Should be a top day

Stereosonic wasn't bad. I thought it could have been better but most of the DJs played average sets. I was at the Main Arena all the time.

Trentemoller had some good stuff but the rest was just plain dull or simple. There were some weird clips on the screen.

Fedde Le Grand didn't live up to expectations. The set was generally OK but didn't play enough of his original stuff. Put Your Hands Up For Detroit lasted only for 30 seconds and he didn't play The Creeps for more than two minutes.

Armand Van Helden clearly had the best set. He didn't play Hear My Name or Koochy (I really wanted to hear them) but the rest of his set was so good, it didn't matter. His remix of Killing in the Name was the best. I'm glad he played parts of Professional Widow too.

I didn't listen to Ajax after 9:30 because my friends wanted to make the first train out but he seemed to have a good set.

I'd go to the next festival but if Fedde Le Grand comes back, he better improve his set!

if you were expecting fedde to play cheese similar to his productions you would of been sadly mistaken, he is a much better dj than what his crap songs give him credit for

trentemoller was amazing and i really liked mehdi's set, stacey pullen smashed it aswell later in the night

all in all very solid day, good weather and a nice change of venue rather than the 10000000000000 other events that have been held at the bowl the last 12 months

No. DJ Sammy or some DJ like that plays cheese. Fedde Le Grand isn't cheesy compared to that guy. "Let Me Think About It" does sound cheesy but if you want cheese, listen to a boy band.

He should have played those songs. He is known for those songs. It's as simple as that! If you wanted his remixes, he should have remixed better songs.

if you want to hear his songs then stay at home and listen to overdrive

if you want to see him dj on the other hand be prepared for a whole new (much better) type of sound

some dj's like to fill their sets with their own material but others like fedde prefer to go in a different direction

Stereosonic wasn't bad. I thought it could have been better but most of the DJs played average sets. I was at the Main Arena all the time.

Trentemoller had some good stuff but the rest was just plain dull or simple. There were some weird clips on the screen.

Fedde Le Grand didn't live up to expectations. The set was generally OK but didn't play enough of his original stuff. Put Your Hands Up For Detroit lasted only for 30 seconds and he didn't play The Creeps for more than two minutes.

Armand Van Helden clearly had the best set. He didn't play Hear My Name or Koochy (I really wanted to hear them) but the rest of his set was so good, it didn't matter. His remix of Killing in the Name was the best. I'm glad he played parts of Professional Widow too.

I didn't listen to Ajax after 9:30 because my friends wanted to make the first train out but he seemed to have a good set.

I'd go to the next festival but if Fedde Le Grand comes back, he better improve his set!

Haha i have no respect for your opinions after this. Fedde was actually the surprise packet of the day, played a pretty nice set IMO. If you were going there to see him play Put Your Hands Up For Detroit you really shouldn't have been going.

trentemoller was amazing and i really liked mehdi's set, stacey pullen smashed it aswell later in the night

all in all very solid day, good weather and a nice change of venue rather than the 10000000000000 other events that have been held at the bowl the last 12 months

Saw pullen at price afterwards and he was amazing although there was only a small crowd there to see it. Didn't see Medhi cos it clashed with Booka but was really disappointed with Vicarious Bliss. Hopefully he is better this saturday. Just on a side note saw Booka again on Tuesday night and once again they were sensational.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you want to hear his songs then stay at home and listen to overdrive

if you want to see him dj on the other hand be prepared for a whole new (much better) type of sound

some dj's like to fill their sets with their own material but others like fedde prefer to go in a different direction
Fedde still should have had a better set. Even if he didn't play his songs at the right length, he could have chosen some better songs.

Haha i have no respect for your opinions after this. Fedde was actually the surprise packet of the day, played a pretty nice set IMO. If you were going there to see him play Put Your Hands Up For Detroit you really shouldn't have been going.
Have you even read any of my posts in other threads? If you really want to lose respect for me, don't base your claims on one post. You can view other posts by clicking my profile. As for "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit", I wasn't expecting him to play the full version of it but if you want to hear the sets done properly, try to remember Van Helden's set. He didn't play NYC Beat, I Want Your Soul (which I don't like) and Professional Widow (his version, of course) in their entirety but at least he did some proper remixes of those songs and he played a good length of them.

I can see where you are comin from mate, but far out if fedde played full length versions of creeps, put your hands up or let me think about it, i think i, along with thousands of others would have gone crazy (bad crazy, not good crazy).

Just sick of those songs now. Very very much so.

I can see where you are comin from mate, but far out if fedde played full length versions of creeps, put your hands up or let me think about it, i think i, along with thousands of others would have gone crazy (bad crazy, not good crazy).

Just sick of those songs now. Very very much so.
It also depends on which radio stations you listen to also. I don't listen to the radio that often and if I do, it's either Gold FM or MMM, so if I listen to anything related to dance music, I would hear about those songs from my friends and then listen to them on my PC. My assumption is most people would have listen to Fedde's hits when they were getting huge airplay or getting played at clubs so it wouldn't surprise me if those people got sick of it.

i havnt seen fedde live before but, i believe i have a fair bit of idea about all this garbage... fedde le grand is where he is because of his dj'n ability, not his productions, although thats where most of his cash has been made.
hes one of the headline acts because of his skill on the decks, not because hes the man behind some popular songs... i bet half you guys wouldnt have heard of booka shade before last weekend, because unlike fedde he doesnt have songs that get blasted 10 times a day on radio, but everyone would have been going nuts over his set.
djn is le grands job, do you not try your hardest at your job? maybe a lot don't, but when your boss is on hand you do, the crowds are fedde's bosses, if he performs shit, they decide whether or not they pay to see him again.
imo if he was to just play the gay songs hes behind, he'd be disapointing himself, because it'd not show off his real talent, which is dj'n.
any dj can spin fedde le grand tracks, none can spin the mix the way he does though...that is why they are headline acts.
thats what i hate about these festivals a bunch of amatuers going in the hope of hearing songs you can find on a ministry of sound album, or something shitter.
thats all

Good post Ramsgate. For all the shit that gets dished up to Fedde for Put Your Hands Up he is actually a pretty good DJ. Did not catch his entire set on Saturday but what i saw was plesently surprising. He had a much more techno vibe than he did at future.

I realise this ia bit of a delayed reaction.
but I had a great time.
Will never forget Kaz James playing Beautiful Day right at the end of the set...that set the tone, then Armand had the crowd eating out of his palm...threw in a few samples of Killing in the name of and Jump Around.

I'll also never forget Riot In Belgium pumping out La Musique in one of the side shows. That was awesome.

I realise this ia bit of a delayed reaction.
but I had a great time.
Will never forget Kaz James playing Beautiful Day right at the end of the set...that set the tone, then Armand had the crowd eating out of his palm...threw in a few samples of Killing in the name of and Jump Around.

I'll also never forget Riot In Belgium pumping out La Musique in one of the side shows. That was awesome.
I agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stereosonic - Dec 1 - Melbourne Showgrounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back