Steve Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

MarkT said:
The reality is, if Didak misses, we probably don’t have a 2007 campaign. I’m all for trying to win a flag every year but the fact is we aren’t good enough at full strength so minus Didak it is a pipe dream. On that basis this is a year to load up on picks and draft deep. Sacrifice depth for draft picks and we’ll probably get a double return with better draft position next year as a result. Johnson is counter productive in too many ways for mine.

Agree with this all the way. Even more so with Brodie missing the 1st 6 matches as well. Let's load up on picks or potentially good young players and have a erd hot go in 2008. We should get some picks in 2007 also.

Disagree with O'Bree comment. He busts his backside but is getting a heavy tag week in, week out.

doppleganger said:
Medhurst on the other hand simply fell by the wayside at freo, as soon as freo dumped him from the team they went on the big winning streak. Medhurst pulls off a big game at subi once a month and in between goes missing.
Just a cheaper punt and a different type of small/medium forward. I am far from wedded to the idea though. When it’s all said and done Freo aren’t a benchmark for anything. Ask our next captain.
doppleganger said:
If our club docs reckon that S.Johnson will hold up to 22 games next year then he is worth our 2nd rnd pick, as his only issue is his body.
If our club thinks that they are just wrong. His own coach said as much pre season. Or more to the point he said he will never be able to train fully and will have to manage himself carefully. So if he plays 22 he will be restricted. Also his body isn’t the only issue. Dedication and concentration are also issues.

Bay Pie said:
Disagree with O'Bree comment. He busts his backside but is getting a heavy tag week in, week out.
Busting your backside is one thing. Being a front runner and even when you are at your best stopping the run forward more often than not is another. IMO O’Bree is precisely what is wrong with Collingwood. His skill set and his game style. Has some good point s but isn’t a biog game match winner and overall he lets us down more often than not. Basically we are too slow, too poorly skilled and not hard enough. O’Bree is a problem in all of those areas. The fact he possibly has some trade value is all the more reason to trade him. His stock would be at an all time high right now. You don’t get anywhere just culling your worst 6 each year. Until Lockyer and O’Bree are gone we won’t change enough tow in premierships.

I think there'll be a 3 way trade
Johnson to Collingwood
Cloke to Essendon
Solomon to Collingwood
a 2nd round draft pick to Geelong.

Pemby said:
I think there'll be a 3 way trade
Johnson to Collingwood
Cloke to Essendon
Solomon to Collingwood
a 2nd round draft pick to Geelong.

that is a rip off:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
collingwood win that trade by a long way

Bay Pie said:

If O'Bree is getting tagged, we are going nowhere real fast!

Don't need Johnson, we have Dids and Neon Leon. Neon is not a midfielder and Micks attempts to throw him in there have been pointless. Much rather we use our draft picks than pick players who are injury prone and break down at the drop of a hat

PieLebo87 said:
I do NOT wanna hear potential with this guy as well, ****ing hell, not another one. He is 25, if you arent a star at 25, Collingwood shouldnt give you a chance to become one, we have been screwed over enough in the past.

22-23....no 25.

Johnson is a freak - he can do anything. He has kicked some unbelievable goals at Geelong.

You get him, and you have potentially got an absolute gun.

I'd go for it if I was a Collingwood official.

sloth6 said:

Don't need Johnson, we have Dids and Neon Leon. Neon is not a midfielder and Micks attempts to throw him in there have been pointless. Much rather we use our draft picks than pick players who are injury prone and break down at the drop of a hat

Johnson is much better than Neon Leon.

chapmanmagic35 said:
Johnson is much better than Neon Leon.
wowowowo - easy there tiger- dont get me wrong he has ability but leon is a freak when he is on song. Both very much impact players but one thing davis has the edge over SJ and that is he in injury free. SJ ankle is in serious doubt and questions still hang over his ability to play out a full season- let alone do a full pre season.

Trying to remain as objective as possible considering.. I do agree that Johnson is a better player than Leon... Don't get me wrong... I like watching Leon play, but Johnson is a little more freakish with a harder edge... would be gutted if you guys pick him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, today the medicos checked out Steve Johnson and the results are very concerning..... His knees and ankles are worn out and he is to be a very injury prone player, could be one of those players whose career is ended much too soon due to injury.

Collingwood will not offer a second round pick knowing the risks....

Leg_Spinning_Sensation said:
Well, today the medicos checked out Steve Johnson and the results are very concerning..... His knees and ankles are worn out and he is to be a very injury prone player, could be one of those players whose career is ended much too soon due to injury.

Collingwood will not offer a second round pick knowing the risks....

according to SEN Collingwood have offered pick 28!!!

FadeAway said:
according to SEN Collingwood have offered pick 28!!!
I doubt it, I would love to have him but if he is going to break down with his injuries, we have to be careful squandering picks. The medicos were less than impressed though, and yes I have a very reliable source :cool:

Swann said today that Pies have pulled out of Johnson negotiations.

The major priority for the Dockers remains to bring Collingwood star forward Tarrant to Fremantle, with that move possibly still hinging on whether they can complete a separate deal involving Polak.
``It will all unravel tomorrow morning, one way or the other, with Polak, Solomon and Tarrant,'' Black said.
``We'll keep all those conversations going tomorrow, it's going to be an active day on all those fronts for us.''
Collingwood chief executive Greg Swann also said it was difficult to predict whether Tarrant would go or stay.
``We'll see what happens tomorrow,'' he said.
Meanwhile, Swann said the Magpies had dropped out of the race for Geelong small forward Steve Johnson.

sproulie said:
Swann said today that Pies have pulled out of Johnson negotiations.

The major priority for the Dockers remains to bring Collingwood star forward Tarrant to Fremantle, with that move possibly still hinging on whether they can complete a separate deal involving Polak.
``It will all unravel tomorrow morning, one way or the other, with Polak, Solomon and Tarrant,'' Black said.
``We'll keep all those conversations going tomorrow, it's going to be an active day on all those fronts for us.''
Collingwood chief executive Greg Swann also said it was difficult to predict whether Tarrant would go or stay.
``We'll see what happens tomorrow,'' he said.
Meanwhile, Swann said the Magpies had dropped out of the race for Geelong small forward Steve Johnson.
For the reasons I stated above......

Oh far out, we offer Geelong pick #7 a couple of years ago which they wouldent accept for Johnson, now Johnson wants to come to the pies (According to channel 10) and Geelong are probally prepared to take pick #28 and we pull out, wtf is wrong ffs.

sloth6 said:

We get Johnson then that releases Didak into the midfield which is where he is best suited i rekon.

Woodstock.. said:
Oh far out, we offer Geelong pick #7 a couple of years ago which they wouldent accept for Johnson, now Johnson wants to come to the pies (According to channel 10) and Geelong are probally prepared to take pick #28 and we pull out, wtf is wrong ffs.
One source says we dropped out of the race another source claims he is coming to collingwood as his preferred destination. Lot of water needed to go under this bridge- i guess we shall find out 2pm tomorrow the final outcome of not just this but every trade saga.

Keep Taz !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Steve Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back