- would not fall like Brent Staker

- the tribunal made him a lawmaker

- the MCG is his acre

- stay away says my bookmaker

- as cool as a maaan from Jamaica

- for Squizzy et al a real heartbreaker

:eek:

I doubt it. We won last week.

He was pathetic last week. Ballantyne might as well have been invisible. Gone are the days when he keeps Judd to 7 touches. Love the man immensely but he's lost some of the firey magic.

I doubt it. We won last week.

He was pathetic last week. Ballantyne might as well have been invisible. Gone are the days when he keeps Judd to 7 touches. Love the man immensely but he's lost some of the firey magic.

Bit harsh saying Baker was pathetic, may not have been his best game against Freo but he has still been very good last year and most of this year. He destroyed Ballantyne when we played Freo at Etihad and although he got a bit of the ball against us at Subi he wasn't all that damaging compared to Milney and Schneider.

Baker's still a very important part of our team, along with Blake and Gwilt they are the unsung heroes down back that do the hard yards which allows the likes of Gilbert and Fisher to be the playmakers.

One of our best on GF day.

Hard to see him being a game breaker though :)

Agreed absolutely. But St.Kilda need to focus on the young players more as well. Because all of the players that we seem to rely on are getting old eg. Milne

Agreed absolutely. But St.Kilda need to focus on the young players more as well. Because all of the players that we seem to rely on are getting old eg. Milne

The young players are allowed to be better than the oldies if they wan't to, but it would be foolish to drop good players to play ineffective youngsters.

Bit harsh saying Baker was pathetic, may not have been his best game against Freo but he has still been very good last year and most of this year. He destroyed Ballantyne when we played Freo at Etihad and although he got a bit of the ball against us at Subi he wasn't all that damaging compared to Milney and Schneider.

Baker's still a very important part of our team, along with Blake and Gwilt they are the unsung heroes down back that do the hard yards which allows the likes of Gilbert and Fisher to be the playmakers.

We know he's an important part of our side. All Chris said is that he was beaten on the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stevie Baker,

- tough as an undertaker

- our favourite troublemaker

- ready to give SJ a good shaker

- for small forwards a bellyacher

- would not fall like Brent Staker

- the tribunal made him a lawmaker

- the MCG is his acre

- stay away says my bookmaker

- as cool as a maaan from Jamaica

- for Squizzy et al a real heartbreaker

:eek:

He's the real deal , not a faker.

Nothing to do with a grass raker.

We know he's an important part of our side. All Chris said is that he was beaten on the day.

He said he was pathetic and basically no longer the player he used to be, which I disagree with.

How many more members of the match committee are going to use this forum as a source to defend players? I have had enough.

So this forum can only be used as a vessel to criticise is what you're saying?

I do think his best is behind him. That doesn't mean that he no longer has the ability to play quality football. He has been ok this year, not spectacular, but serviceable. In the Freo game, he hardly looked interested and let Ballantyne run amok. I hope he responds on Friday night but it is the beginning of the end for the little dog on linoleum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Steven Baker's Chest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back