Still Shell-Shocked

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2005
Covid Central
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos
Don't know about you guys but I'm still very much rattled by my AAMI experience on Saturday. It might not be such a bad idea if the NMFC set up a help line just to help those of us who are still struggling to cope with the horrific event.

The Victorian Government should get off its butt and offer you survivors of the death trip some serious trauma counselling. Bloody Government:rolleyes:.

Plus, you'll all be appearing on Sixty Minutes and the Footy Show.

For those of us who stayed home and watched it on TV we get a group session in positivity from Eddie McGuire. He's always keen to help the underdogs from Arden St like he once was before he became rich, famous, rich and important and famous.

I've just spent seven hours at the Melbourne show. Talk about flashbacks. Trust me, the monster truck display at the show is not a good thing to stumble upon if you are trying to get over . . . . you know . . . .

Don't know about you guys but I'm still very much rattled by my AAMI experience on Saturday. It might not be such a bad idea if the NMFC set up a help line just to help those of us who are still struggling to cope with the horrific event.
I'll never get over it and I won't watch the replay. I'm still angry.
All I want is Laidley and Simmo to come out and publicly apologize to all of us North Melbourne supporters for the s**t final series and promise us that we will go up 2 better next season just like Carey and Pagan did after the 98 GF loss and the boys got the chocolates in 99

Meh! Mad Monday has passed and I'm over it.

We've got bigger fish to fry this summer. Far higher stakes than that in Saturday's game.

Saving my energy for that fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll never get over it and I won't watch the replay. I'm still angry.
All I want is Laidley and Simmo to come out and publicly apologize to all of us North Melbourne supporters for the s**t final series and promise us that we will go up 2 better next season just like Carey and Pagan did after the 98 GF loss and the boys got the chocolates in 99

Yep. The '98 GF dinner at Melbourne Park was a shambles until Pagan & Carey spoke & at least gave a glimmer of hope that '99 would be redemption.

Funny stuff DF, I reckon you've come of age on here since Saturdays game, you've had me in stitches everytime I read a post about Power supporters, Hillbilly hell lol.
As for the game yeah I got over that quite quickly.

Anger was my emotion.

Subsided slightly as I have started to see some perspective on our season as a whole. We did have better season than 13 other clubs and our two big floggings were to the grand finallists.

Anger was my emotion.

Subsided slightly as I have started to see some perspective on our season as a whole. We did have better season than 13 other clubs and our two big floggings were to the grand finallists.
Like I'm angry about it. I hope this disappointment eats at the players on the upcoming preseason and next season to hopefully make North Melbourne 08 even better than Geelong 07

I wasn't able to get to Adelaide, thank god. I feel sorry for those who made the effort, as well as spending good bucks, to see that spiritless performance. All we wanted was for the team to be competitive.

Why shocked? We kicked badly in the second quarter when the game was in the balance and preceeded to keep kicking points????

I actually felt like deja vu 1998GF when we kicked poorly in the 2nd quarter to give the Crows that GF.

I really hope that the boys understand what it means to take your chances in the big games like a prelim as they may never get this opportunity again.

All the more credit to The Zebra and his mates for finding the strength to fighting the good fight against the anti-Roos on Bay 13.

I wasn't able to get to Adelaide, thank god. I feel sorry for those who made the effort, as well as spending good bucks, to see that spiritless performance. All we wanted was for the team to be competitive.

What the? The guy next to me said he was a regular BF poster & said he was `gokangas'!!!!!!! Who the hell was that then?

What the? The guy next to me said he was a regular BF poster & said he was `gokangas'!!!!!!! Who the hell was that then?

I am often impersonated - its something I have had to put up with all my life! Did you hit me or by me a beer?

I am often impersonated - its something I have had to put up with all my life! Did you hit me or by me a beer?

Nah dude. You/imposter seemed like a top bloke & we gave eachother a BIG Hi-5 when Edwards marked & goaled in the 1st Q. What I couldn't figure out was why you/imposter disppeared at 1/2 time like a fart in the wind. I'd love to know who it was. I have a sneaking suspicion it was Bren, but I may give Robert Stack or Warwick Moss a call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Still Shell-Shocked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back