StKilda Fitness/Conditioning Dude

Remove this Banner Ad

snrub

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 27, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In between pissing myself over this wonderful insight presented to me by Kangalicious, I thought I might share with you guys...

JWS has buggered off to StKilda because our medical operation is apparently sub par relative to the needs of his crapped out hamstrings.

At exactly the same time, we have recruited the fitness and conditioning guru from StKilda who has turned around their previously poor run of soft tissue injuries.

Sucked in Jesse!!!

:thumbsu:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...lose-fitness-gap/story-e6frf9jf-1225801668241

667647-paul-turk-and-peter-mulkearns.jpg

wrong guy,that is not Misson,he is still with the saints and the guy they credit for turning the fortunes around of the previously injury plagued saints,they poached him from sydney.
On a positive not the guy we recruited Peter Mulkearns would have bought with him a lot of valuable knowledge after working with him at the saints.

In between pissing myself over this wonderful insight presented to me by Kangalicious, I thought I might share with you guys...

JWS has buggered off to StKilda because our medical operation is apparently sub par relative to the needs of his crapped out hamstrings.

At exactly the same time, we have recruited the fitness and conditioning guru from StKilda who has turned around their previously poor run of soft tissue injuries.

Sucked in Jesse!!!

OOPS? Foot in mouth ol mate you only got the second best:thumbsu::D

OOPS? Foot in mouth ol mate you only got the second best:thumbsu::D
I think that what snrub was really doing was predicting that now that the Saints have recruited Jesse, Missen is going to leave as he does not want his reputation ruined through an inability to get Jesse on the park. :D

Don't actually blame him either, as he does not want to be around the next time JWS walks out a door. :)

Didn't the Saints come to us a few years ago to look at how we were so good with preventing soft tissue injuries?

Misson was unable to get Luke Ball up to Lyon's required standard, nor Maguire.
He also did not have much luck getting Hamill right and none of these players had injuries as debilitating as Smith's.

Strange really that the Saints decided to get rid of an injured player like Maguire who at least could string games together to take on an almost invalid player like Smith-
if I was a St Kilda supporter I would be rather annoyed about their decision making.

It also amazes me how accepting Saints supporters have been in regards to Lyons treatment of Ball- the Saints played off for a flag in 2009 yet their coach does not envisage Ball as part of their future in trying to get that elusive flag, while on the other hand the Pies see Ball as the panacea for getting their flag- amazes me how the media have not made this contrast- :eek:

Didn't the Saints come to us a few years ago to look at how we were so good with preventing soft tissue injuries?

Yeah but we all know that JWS soft tissue injuries are the result of something far more sinister- they need an ankle robotic expert on his case- perhaps they have one of them "in house" at Linen House:D

Misson was unable to get Luke Ball up to Lyon's required standard, nor Maguire.
He also did not have much luck getting Hamill right and none of these players had injuries as debilitating as Smith's.

Strange really that the Saints decided to get rid of an injured player like Maguire who at least could string games together to take on an almost invalid player like Smith-
if I was a St Kilda supporter I would be rather annoyed about their decision making.

It also amazes me how accepting Saints supporters have been in regards to Lyons treatment of Ball- the Saints played off for a flag in 2009 yet their coach does not envisage Ball as part of their future in trying to get that elusive flag, while on the other hand the Pies see Ball as the panacea for getting their flag- amazes me how the media have not made this contrast- :eek:

Luke Ball's body was up to standard, the reason he was struggling for game time is he wasn't good enough.

Maguire has no injury problems anymore, he played the whole seaso in the VFL, he just feel behind Blake, Dawson, Fisher and Gilbert.

Hamill had been retired for about 2 years before Misson came to the club.

The difference between Smith and Maguire is that at their best Smith is a matchwinner whereas Maguire is a GOP. Maguire will never make it at AFL level again, the game is too fast for him now, and that has very little to do with his injury.

The reason why St Kilda and Collingwood view Ball very differently is because we have Lenny Hayes and David Armitage, Luke Ball is very much replacable, where as Collingwood have Shane O'Bree... Luke Ball is a missing piece for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Ball's body was up to standard, the reason he was struggling for game time is he wasn't good enough.

Maguire has no injury problems anymore, he played the whole seaso in the VFL, he just feel behind Blake, Dawson, Fisher and Gilbert.

The difference between Smith and Maguire is that at their best Smith is a matchwinner whereas Maguire is a GOP. Maguire will never make it at AFL level again, the game is too fast for him now, and that has very little to do with his injury.

The reason why St Kilda and Collingwood view Ball very differently is because we have Lenny Hayes and David Armitage, Luke Ball is very much replacable, where as Collingwood have Shane O'Bree... Luke Ball is a missing piece for them.

Best....comeback...ever!

Thanks for answering my queries but I do not agree with some of your answers- especially about Ball being the missing link for Collingwood- I think the Pies have a few more links to find before they can challenge for a flag.
Strange that Ball was one of the best performers for the Saints on GF day considering he only had about 44% game time- I just think that he and Lyon did not see eye to eye - bit like Laidley with Harro at North.

If Maguire is not up to AFL standard due to his injury I can assure you that Jesse will never again be at that standard- I also cannot have it that Maguire's injury is not the reason for his lack of pace- I think it would very much be part of the reason.
If Jesse is ever to play again it will be at least 1/2 years before it could happen and even then he would most likely be unable to string consecutive games together.

My understanding is that it was Missen, not Malkearns who turned St Kilda around. But Makearns comes highly recommended, so I am more than happy to have him.

The thing with Jesse, he has pissed everyone off with his actions, and that was hard to do, given how much love there was for him among North people. St Kilda suppoerters have to understand that.

What gives you the right to gloat about a response to one of my posts - bit of a smarty pants.

I was merely posting my thoughts on the matter, which Gilbo19 responded to with his thoughts.

Yeah I think a yellow card is in order just for lurking on another team board and then adding nothing but a flatulent waste of bandwidth to an otherwise civil discussion. It's one thing for Saints fans to want to debate the merits of JWS, but why is a Geelong supporter hanging around?

What gives you the right to gloat about a response to one of my posts - bit of a smarty pants.

I was merely posting my thoughts on the matter, which Gilbo19 responded to with his thoughts.
Clearly, kl, you don't get that posting on BF is about pwnage!

You are either the 'best in the business' or a 'flog'; just as long as someone wins. ;)

wrong guy,that is not Misson,he is still with the saints and the guy they credit for turning the fortunes around of the previously injury plagued saints,they poached him from sydney.
On a positive not the guy we recruited Peter Mulkearns would have bought with him a lot of valuable knowledge after working with him at the saints.
Lol,, op = pwned

Remove this Banner Ad

StKilda Fitness/Conditioning Dude

Remove this Banner Ad

Back