Storm been stripped of premierships

Remove this Banner Ad

keeno 111

Club Legend
Apr 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watching the press confrence on channel 9, Storm breached salary cap.

They've had there 3 minor premierships and 2007 and 2009 premieships stripped of them and cannot accuire anymore points for the season.

Now i'm no rugby fan but that's insane.

pathetic NRL admin, Pathetic.

They have no right to strip a club of the premierships from previous years.

Also, they have been investigating for 3 yrs, and now come up with this finding?

NRL admin has always had it in for the storm, storm were only a marketing exercise to get some publicity down in melbourne, and were never meant to be any good.

Corrupt organisation and I hope it goes out of business. I have no doubt other clubs are in breach of the cap, it is far too small to accomodate a list of that size

Completely ****en rooted

Smashed by taking their premierships, killed by taking away their premiership points, and buried by making it impossible for them to win premiership points this year.

Watching the press confrence on channel 9, Storm breached salary cap.

They've had there 3 minor premierships and 2007 and 2009 premieships stripped of them and cannot accuire anymore points for the season.

Now i'm no rugby fan but that's insane.

5 years of purposeful and deliberate cheating on the cap, and a strong game leadership, this is what you get.

pathetic NRL admin, Pathetic.

They have no right to strip a club of the premierships from previous years.

Also, they have been investigating for 3 yrs, and now come up with this finding?

NRL admin has always had it in for the storm, storm were only a marketing exercise to get some publicity down in melbourne, and were never meant to be any good.

Corrupt organisation and I hope it goes out of business. I have no doubt other clubs are in breach of the cap, it is far too small to accomodate a list of that size

Wrong it is strong NRL leadership. It took 3 years because of the systematic and deliberate attempts by the Storm to hide it.

The 5 years of cheating mean player retention beyond what is normally possible got them those titles.

Fully applaud the NRL leadership for this decisive action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what happens when you have a sport that lets players sign for other clubs before the season ends and lets other clubs poach opposing teams best young players with no compensation.

The NRL is one of the worst structured/run sporting leagues in the world.

Wrong it is strong NRL leadership. It took 3 years because of the systematic and deliberate attempts by the Storm to hide it.

The 5 years of cheating mean player retention beyond what is normally possible got them those titles.

Fully applaud the NRL leadership for this decisive action.

Hardly.

I understand cheating is cheating, you cannot argue though that anything in payment had a positive correlation for winning premierships.

Also note you failed to even note what i said about the salary cap being so low and every other club most likely cheating it....

So what actually happens now re: the premierships. Does the runner up now get named the premier, or will 2007 and 2009 stand as a N/A in the history books?

So what actually happens now re: the premierships. Does the runner up now get named the premier, or will 2007 and 2009 stand as a N/A in the history books?

There will be no premiers for that year.

I imagine that the bosses of Manly and Parramatta are already on the phone co-ordinating their campaign to be named premiers, although it would surely be a bit hollow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Storm been stripped of premierships

Remove this Banner Ad

Back