Storm been stripped of premierships

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont understand the reasoning behind the decision to strip all points for 2010 and make the Storm unable to accrue points for the remainder of the season, should they just forfiet the rest of the season, because in professional sport it is about the winning, there is no way players will be able to provide competitive competition knowing that no matter the result, they will sit at the bottom of the table for the remainder of the year. Its pointless and ridiculous... Irrelevant of who it is that did this.. Stripping previous premierships is one thing, but making the entire club irrelevant for the remainder of the season is a joke.. Who would attend the games knowing that winning means nothing????
precisely what i said, ****s up the NRL for the season and that way they get no money from Storms end this season but the penalties.

hey this is better than the way the afl brushed the salary cap rorting carlton with a feather

Exactly, I applaud the NRL for its strong leadership on this issue. That may have something to do with me being a Parramatta supporter though.

I dont understand the reasoning behind the decision to strip all points for 2010 and make the Storm unable to accrue points for the remainder of the season, should they just forfiet the rest of the season, because in professional sport it is about the winning, there is no way players will be able to provide competitive competition knowing that no matter the result, they will sit at the bottom of the table for the remainder of the year. Its pointless and ridiculous... Irrelevant of who it is that did this.. Stripping previous premierships is one thing, but making the entire club irrelevant for the remainder of the season is a joke.. Who would attend the games knowing that winning means nothing????

Agree with this

They should have made it so that the Storm has say 30 points taken off them, and they have to win to make those points back.
Any penalty points left over at the end of the season would accrue to next season

Then at least the players and club still have something to play for

They have $700,000 over the cap this year in hidden payments. Why should they be allowed to compete?

I hope they become a bye. I don't need to see these cheats go around.

I cannot leave this :|

I don't give a stuff about NRL or The Storm but this is just unthinkable. Trying to compare it to how i'd feel as a Saints fan.

this is massive.
surely the storm won't be in the NRL next year>
Well, Waldron was named by Hartigan as the architect of the whole thing, so maybe you might get your chance to know how it feels. :(

Hardly. NRL was never a threat to the AFL. It's a really sad day for a lot of people. Have a think about it from that perspective.

Indeed. It irks me to no end when I see NRL twits wishing for the death of the AFL simply because they dont enjoy it. Wishing the same onto them seems massively hypocritical. Surprised they would hit them this hard, especially with the new stadium around the corner.

mind you the guiness book of records does say that the franchise to have won the most amount of consecutive "AFL" premierships were the brisbane lions

theres nothing pannam, kyne, collier, coventry, mchale can do about that either. they're all dead!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care about Rugby but...

How can you take away a premiership? So the runner up now goes down as the 'premier' in the record books despite the fact they lost the GF?

Wow.

wrong. no premier in those 2 years.

I don't care about Rugby but...

How can you take away a premiership? So the runner up now goes down as the 'premier' in the record books despite the fact they lost the GF?

Wow.
Even better.

NRL History books will say-

Premiership Winners

2006 - x

2007 - N/A

2008 - y

2009 - N/A

They have $700,000 over the cap this year in hidden payments. Why should they be allowed to compete?

I hope they become a bye. I don't need to see these cheats go around.
Yeah, why the heck are the NRL letting them compete? Players would defintely opt not to compete since there's jack to play for :)

I assume there will be alot of pissed of irrate players down that way.

The new Melbourne Rugby Union team should step in and offer Storms stars nice big juicy contracts and steal them away from league.

In fact they could just sign all the Storm players and **** the NRL over right good and proper.

Thats the most intelligent comment i have ever heard by a Carlton supporter
there are not many good things coming out of that place but this comment by you is ok

Surely the new Storm CEO, who was COO during the cheat years, has to be implicated as well. CEOs of both the Rebel and the Storm sacked on the same day you'd reckon.

Less then $400,000 a year though - 1.7 over 5 years.

Very excessive.

Seriously, how can they justify that sort of punishment for such an insignificant breach? Retrospective penalties? I wouldn't think that's necessarily fair.... If they were any good at their jobs, they would have discovered this years ago, not 5 years after the fact.

They've been trying to drive Melbourne out of the competition for years - they hate our success. F*ck them, and f*ck the city of Sydney and their f*cking homo sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Storm been stripped of premierships

Remove this Banner Ad

Back