Storm News

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2008
Werribee
Other Teams
Victory
After listening to the Storm Hour on SEN tonight, thought I would post some interesting news for Storm and league fans that were revealed tonight.

1. The Storm SG Ball team will definitely be playing at Olympic Park next year.

2. Looks like the new bubble stadium will not be ready for the beginning of the 2010 nrl season. Most likely be ready for R.7 which means Storm will have to find other venues. It was revealed that Storm will be locked in for 1 game only at Etihad Stadium during this period.

3. If Storm are lucky enough to have a home final this year, it will be held at Etihad Stadium cos OP is closing shop for re-development.

4. There are rumours or suggestions that there is a chance that Greg Inglis's case scheduled for tomorrow at Sunshine Magistrates court may be dropped due to the added statement presented to police by his partner Sally Robinson made during the week. (Really hoping this one is true)

Anyway, this Sat. night is a great chance to be at Olympic Park to farewell the old lady, now fondly known as the Graveyard.
Heaps of stuff being organised by Storm for the night, including extra fireworks, past greats from the Storm, giveaways, and singing the National Anthem will be Ricky Lee.
Earlier in the day Storm supporters are organising a march from Federation Square, meeting at 3.30 pm and marching at 4.15 to Olympic Park.

Thats all folks:D

Thanks CC.
They should play the Dragons at Etihad the week before the AFL season starts, and play 5 games away until rnd 7.

Can't wait for The Bubble!

"Earlier in the day Storm supporters are organising a march from Federation Square, meeting at 3.30 pm and marching at 4.15 to Olympic Park"

would be good for the storm to have a big crowd turn out for this, and of course the game can hopefully sell out, i know its only the roosters but what are the chances of it selling out?

"Earlier in the day Storm supporters are organising a march from Federation Square, meeting at 3.30 pm and marching at 4.15 to Olympic Park"

would be good for the storm to have a big crowd turn out for this, and of course the game can hopefully sell out, i know its only the roosters but what are the chances of it selling out?

Hard to say about the sellout..hopefully comes close to it though.
Would be good if we could get some afl people along to the game, to say goodbye to the stadium.

Its going to be sad saying goodbye to Olympic Park...so many wonderful games, players and memories. It just doesn't seem true, but I am really looking forward to the beginning of a new era for the Storm.

Forgot to mention a few other things that are happening on the night :

1. A huge silk banner is being produced that will cover the entire bay of
Section 37 with a message - Graveyard Shift....with supporters to take part with this display.

2. Special live performances - Given the Olympic Park site is on Wurundjeri land, members of the Wurundjeri people will perform a traditional farewell dance.

3. Top Ten Moments at the Graveyard - countdown of the top ten moments as voted by members.

4. Departing players tribute.

5. Lap of Honour by the team with past players for the very last time at OP.

6. Farewell to the graveyard merchandise on sale available only at the game.

Given we had a red-hot crack at him last year, is it worth while sounding Adrian out again? Reports are he's done at Canberra, but still fit and capable... a centre/wing appeals
http://www.bordermail.com.au/news/l...ell-set-to-quit-canberra-raiders/1610983.aspx

Shame he didn't sign with the Storm when he had his chance.
He's still only 24, pity he's going to England to chase the dollars at such a young age.
But he'll be back, like most of them.

We have no room left in the salary cap anyway and got some good kids coming thru from the u/20's.

1. The Storm SG Ball team will definitely be playing at Olympic Park next year.

Excellent news. I'm guessing this is final confirmation that the State Cup outfit will play out of Olympic Park and not Carlton as well.

Very pleased, you have no idea how much I despise Princes Park.

Plus I can walk to OP from home in 20 mins :D lol

Excellent news. I'm guessing this is final confirmation that the State Cup outfit will play out of Olympic Park and not Carlton as well.

Very pleased, you have no idea how much I despise Princes Park.

Plus I can walk to OP from home in 20 mins :D lol

Princess Park is a nightmare to get to or for parking, so I can understand where you are coming from.

Going to be a very strange year next year with the new stadium and also having access to Olympic Park....but really looking forward to it.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Princess Park is a nightmare to get to or for parking, so I can understand where you are coming from.

Going to be a very strange year next year with the new stadium and also having access to Olympic Park....but really looking forward to it.

Cheers
Princes Park is a dunghole. Made worse that it's the home of those cheating scumbags Carlton.
Looking forward to the new stadium too, but worried that there will be standing room. Hate sitting at the footy.

Princes Park is a dunghole. Made worse that it's the home of those cheating scumbags Carlton.
Looking forward to the new stadium too, but worried that there will be standing room. Hate sitting at the footy.

lol

There's probably quite a few supporters who feel like you do. I used to stand on the Bai Hill until I upgraded to a reserved seat 2 years ago and now I love it.

There are some great pics on the Melbourne Storm website from the last game at Olympic Park and the Purple March.

One of my favs. was a photo of GI and Molly Meldrum with his pet poodle :D

Gonna miss the Graveyard so many good things about it

Used to stand down the yarra end infront of the lightpost in a bright green jumper most weeks for a couple years, then would watch the replay to see how many times i was on tv

New stadium will be good, but there needed to be a standing area, the Bai stand and on the other side of the nikau stand which me and my mates called stoners corner, they were the best places to watch the game

Rip the graveyard

Remove this Banner Ad

Storm News

Remove this Banner Ad

Back