Discussion Strange or Interesting AFL Photos

Remove this Banner Ad

It's rare you see AFL and AFLW jumpers together in the one photo. This one shows the difference in the navy blue colour between the Geelong men's and women's guernseys.

457145904_908430557992962_3205191196857425744_n.jpg
You really would think that given they're both manufactured by Cotton On, that they would use the same shade of navy.

It's rare you see AFL and AFLW jumpers together in the one photo. This one shows the difference in the navy blue colour between the Geelong men's and women's guernseys.

Yeah it's interesting.I know even getting some corporate sport tops made up for our company from a bit of a Mum and Dad operation and they had a colour swatch book that was like four dictionaries thick. Different materials can cause some slight differences but I wouldn't have thought it should be that noticeable, especially since Geelong's the only team that has Cotton On as the manufacturer of its men's and women's team uniforms (I assume COAR is doing all the AFLW teams again).

Also interesting for a different reason is this guernsey that the AFLW team has worn in preseason training, assuming it's the clash guernsey. Which, of course, would be miles better than the AFL clash guernsey we currently wear.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1724824206039.jpg
    FB_IMG_1724824206039.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 52

same for Casterton Sandford with the men having a royal blue and the women being closer to navy

will we ever see a player wearing the number 0 in the afl? bit surprised none of the young players that are into nba have never mentioned it all.

Yeah it's interesting.I know even getting some corporate sport tops made up for our company from a bit of a Mum and Dad operation and they had a colour swatch book that was like four dictionaries thick. Different materials can cause some slight differences but I wouldn't have thought it should be that noticeable, especially since Geelong's the only team that has Cotton On as the manufacturer of its men's and women's team uniforms (I assume COAR is doing all the AFLW teams again).

Also interesting for a different reason is this guernsey that the AFLW team has worn in preseason training, assuming it's the clash guernsey. Which, of course, would be miles better than the AFL clash guernsey we currently wear.

I'm not too sure how pleased the legal team at adidas would be when they see that AFLW training jumper. Cotton On are flying a bit too close to the sun there.

I suppose it wouldn't have looked quite as (pardon the pun) uniform if they'd used the AFLW zero on the women's jumpers.

I'm not too sure how pleased the legal team at adidas would be when they see that AFLW training jumper. Cotton On are flying a bit too close to the sun there.

If it were drifting into that territory, I think a fairly easy work around would be to mix up the width of the stripes: make the top and bottom thinner and a fatter one in the middle, kind of similar to the 'pre-Western Bulldogs' Footscray guernseys, except Geelong would have gaps between the stripes being broken up by the navy, rather than a solid white/red/white like Footscray had.

Can you remind me of what the issue is here please Gibbsy? You'd reckon 3 stripes or hoops are generic enough not to breach some sort of copyright.

Can you remind me of what the issue is here please Gibbsy? You'd reckon 3 stripes or hoops are generic enough not to breach some sort of copyright.
"Since 2008, Adidas has filed more than 90 lawsuits and signed more than 200 settlement agreements related to its three-stripe trademark"

They are furious defenders of their mark, particularly from rival sportswear companies.

We're going back ten years ago now but for a period of time on this board we actually had to stop using the adidas logo on design mockups here, even for fictional teams. There was a site-wide directive from the marketing manager at adidas Australia. Was sorta crazy.

We're going back ten years ago now but for a period of time on this board we actually had to stop using the adidas logo on design mockups here, even for fictional teams. There was a site-wide directive from the marketing manager at adidas Australia. Was sorta crazy.
I don't think that instance was because we were using the 3 stripes. I feel like this was a kneejerk reaction to someone posting leaks of the 2013 (or 2014) Hawks kits posted in the New Jumpers thread for the year.

I could be remembering wrong, I was 16-17y.o at the time, but it was a matter of months, if I recall correctly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Since 2008, Adidas has filed more than 90 lawsuits and signed more than 200 settlement agreements related to its three-stripe trademark"

They are furious defenders of their mark, particularly from rival sportswear companies.

Half the kits in the GAA have three stripes on their sleeves etc yet are o’neills not adidas- go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Strange or Interesting AFL Photos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back