Streaming Streaming Platforms - problems & solutions thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

So new Fetch box arrives to replace the TBox

Zero cost

Set it up

No access to Binge or Kayo

Put back in the box and wait until October and see what happens otherwise it’s Hubbl

(Yes Tv is a 2016 LG that doesn’t have either of those two)

Seriously are these companies THAT petty?

Prime - subtitles either 10 seconds ahead or behind never in sync

Prime - went through a period where they wanted me to turn off my non-existent vpn - even halfway through a season of a show

Netflix - ok this one is my issue but I wish it wasnt - Netflix says my tv app( tv 10 years old) wont be supported after July 24 - ok I'll just cast but the pixelation was terrible

I just watched a 90-minute movie, three ads before it began, I just fetched some snacks, no ads during the movies. Why do they think I would pay $2.99 a month to remove that, it's easily ignored.
I watched an episode of the boys. Had 1:40 of ads before episode and an ad break in the middle. The boys is quite possibly the only show I'll watch on Amazon this year, so not going to pay any extra. Will not cancel Amazon though as a couple of purchases a month makes it worth it for delivery fees.

Regarding Prime ads, I’ve watched 3 movies in the last few days and haven’t noticed a single ad during. A couple at the beginning and that’s it. Thats not bad at all.

suspect the streaming companies are boiling the frog when it comes to ads, youtube is a good example. they'll see how far they can push it with the ad revenue being the trade-off for subscription loss. i'm curious how it will play out.

Dumb

You’re smart

suspect the streaming companies are boiling the frog when it comes to ads, youtube is a good example. they'll see how far they can push it with the ad revenue being the trade-off for subscription loss. i'm curious how it will play out.
Youtube are shutting me down because I have an ad blocker

Then have the nerve to suggest I pay premium to be ad free :drunk:

So new Fetch box arrives to replace the TBox

Zero cost

Set it up

No access to Binge or Kayo

Put back in the box and wait until October and see what happens otherwise it’s Hubbl

(Yes Tv is a 2016 LG that doesn’t have either of those two)

Seriously are these companies THAT petty?

I did the same thing and went back to my Telstra TV

Aleast on Foxtel IQ4 they aren't afraid to put other streaming services into their software

I did the same thing and went back to my Telstra TV

Aleast on Foxtel IQ4 they aren't afraid to put other streaming services into their software
you really think that's the reason its not on Fetch?

foxtel took fetch to court to try and block them having channels that foxtel didn't have exclusive access to

they're not going to put themselves on fetch when they see them as a competitor, they will try and make their own offerings look more attractive though

also they own Hubbl, why would they let their main competitor have access to their own streaming brands in the device category?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back