Street for Skipper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Red White Blue

Senior List
Jul 18, 2004
Rowville
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Skipper doesn't appear to be able to make the transition into the big league.

I thin our best option is to use Street / Minson, with the resting ruck playing
our of the square. We also probably need Jade Rawlings needs to come back, along with either Bowden or Walsh.

Hahn & Boyd to spend time at the 'Bees

Skipper was clumsy at times falling over and having a kick or two smothered but he played better than Minson today. He looked better than Will in the ruck and did some very handy things to suggest he is worth persisting with. He is pretty handy up forward and for mobility/second efforts so i would go with him for next week. He certainly was far from our worst players list today and did a few things to suggest he has a future with the club.

playing the hawks next week, have turned themselves into a physical if not skillful team. would like to have the extra hard body of hahn in the side.

SirBloodyIdiot said:
Doesn't matter, we will still get pumped.

I hate supporting a soft team.

Maybe we should get a contingent of old dogs down to the club and let them know how the dogs used to use physicality in the game and had intimidation. Apart from Will and Hargraves puching the be-jesus out of Heath black 3 years ago - no one will have dip.

Maybe Romero, Libba, Kretiuk, Kolynuik, Southern etc. Get the boys to impose themselves physically, or maybe were all old timers lamenting the game which has left physicality behind for out and oujt athletism?

Absolute essential that Walsh come in as soon as he is fit. It doesn't matter who it is against. West's first two games were against Essendon and WCE, at the time, the 2 most physical sides going 'round.

O Grobbecker said:
Absolute essential that Walsh come in as soon as he is fit. It doesn't matter who it is against. West's first two games were against Essendon and WCE, at the time, the 2 most physical sides going 'round.

If I remember correctly he kicked 6 in his 1st senior game but the chemist fixed him up well and truly the following week.

Walsh will play hopefully.

If ever Jade or Bowdo were to come back surely it would've been against the bombers who have as much tall timber as John Deers timber yard.

Would've really like Jade out there today

OldSchool said:
If I remember correctly he kicked 6 in his 1st senior game but the chemist fixed him up well and truly the following week.
Absolutely right. I was at the Essendon match. Nobody could catch him. Worsfold did the following week, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O Grobbecker said:
Absolutely right. I was at the Essendon match. Nobody could catch him. Worsfold did the following week, though.

I'm not sure about just bring Walsh in unless he does play a good game or two for the Bees. Best to bring players in when they have the sort of form to support it.

Red White Blue said:
With Rawlings & Birss in the 'Bees best, as well as our ruck problems -

In Rawlings, Birss, Street

Out Boyd, Skipper, Hahn

I think Eade really rates Hahn highly so I'd be surprised if he was dropped.

Number 2 1961 said:
In Rawlings, Birss, Bowden
Out Boyd, Skipper, Power

Would even consider Ray/Faulkner for Hahn/Robbins (if they are injured)

That dosent solve our ruck problem

Maybe we give Bandy one final chanceI

In Rawlings, Birss, Bowden,Bandy
Out Boyd, Skipper, Power,Eagle

Number 2 1961 said:
In Rawlings, Birss, Bowden
Out Boyd, Skipper, Power

Would even consider Ray/Faulkner for Hahn/Robbins (if they are injured)

That would leave Minson as the sole ruckman against Everitt. I think Minson needs to have someone to share the ruckwork with.

Dry Rot said:
Against Everitt? And against Primus & Brogan the week after?

Peter Street, come on down!

You'd have to think that Street must be close to getting a game but I wonder if Bandy might be the preferred option.

OldSchool said:
You'd have to think that Street must be close to getting a game but I wonder if Bandy might be the preferred option.

think it might depend on whether skipper is dropped or retained and another tall brought into the side at a midfielders expense. i dont see room for both skipper and bandy in the same side.

amnesiac said:
think it might depend on whether skipper is dropped or retained and another tall brought into the side at a midfielders expense. i dont see room for both skipper and bandy in the same side.

Skipper could be played as a KPP rather than a 2nd ruckman.

OldSchool said:
Skipper could be played as a KPP rather than a 2nd ruckman.

i just find them to be similar in the way they play. both quite agile, and neither can hold down the ruck permanently. only good as relieving ruckman. i think minson, street and one of either bandy and skipper would be best. itll be up to eade to decide the best structure.

street must be included soon, if not because eade belives he is the best option, then at least to give him a shot for a couple weeks. from all reports he has been reasonably consistent in the vfl and deserves a game soon.

then theres always wight to consider, i have liked the look of him and if eade is set against giving street a game id like to see wight included.

Remove this Banner Ad

Street for Skipper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back