Oct 3, 2002
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Strong rumour - Buckley to coach

North Melbourne.

Strong relationship with A'Rocca and deal being worked on behind the scenes so that if Laidley is passed over, Bux will step in. Brayshaw has to accept a low profile also and leave the talk to the coach and CEO.

And don't ask for source cos you know they can't be give.

Bux?
This is going to be Voss all over again. Linked with every coaching job that looks like becoming available. Hopefully Buckley doesn't become a pain in the ass like Voss did during the whole process.

Wasn't Buckley linked to the Kangas the last time he went to Collingwood?

What odds (theoretically) would you give on this happening, Morgs?

Are we talking long shot, or better than even money?

Your credibility is on the line, myah.

I have no credibilty and have never claimed to have any :D

Was described as a very good chance. Not sure whether the bookies are running a book on the next coach yet (might not be allowed as effectively they would be calling Laidley to be gone) but that could be a good indication if it exists.

Re the relationship with A'Rocca from his Collingwood days.

Realistically you have no idea do you? You just realised Rocca worked at Collingwood and thought you'd make a thread saying Buckley will go to North. I'm pretty sure the source for all this is your head.

I am pretty sure you are a loser who has NFI about anything. About as much constructive comment as you provided.

The move makes sense for all parties concerned, so i'm hoping there is some truth to it.

1) Buckley gets to step into a club with a low profile, young list, and low expectations. (As opposed to if he took the Tigers job, where expectations would be sky-high)

2) North Melbourne gets a media-savvy, footy-smart and popular coach - doesn't hurt the bottom line at all

The move makes sense for all parties concerned, so i'm hoping there is some truth to it.

1) Buckley gets to step into a club with a low profile, young list, and low expectations. (As opposed to if he took the Tigers job, where expectations would be sky-high)

2) North Melbourne gets a media-savvy, footy-smart and popular coach - doesn't hurt the bottom line at all

A lot of pie fans will be torn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne.

Strong relationship with A'Rocca and deal being worked on behind the scenes so that if Laidley is passed over, Bux will step in. Brayshaw has to accept a low profile also and leave the talk to the coach and CEO.

Why would Jimmy have to accept a low profile? Most North fans would think he has done a great job in the way he has promoted our club in the media.

Can't see it happening.
Buckley will want to go to a club with off field stability.

And let me guess, that would be Collingwood:rolleyes:

Sorry mate, Bucks doesn't want to work under Eddie. He wants to make a name for himself in his own right.

Why would Jimmy have to accept a low profile? Most North fans would think he has done a great job in the way he has promoted our club in the media.

Bux has been critical of Eddie over his fronting of the media rather than the CEO or Coach and has said he beleive a president should not be the front for the club on footy matters. There are some who believe that because of this Bux will not coach Collingwood whilst Eddie is president.

And let me guess, that would be Collingwood:rolleyes:

Sorry mate, Bucks doesn't want to work under Eddie. He wants to make a name for himself in his own right.

Wants to stay in Melbourne, not overly keen to work under Eddie. Doesn't leave a whole heap of "stable" options.

Bux has been critical of Eddie over his fronting of the media rather than the CEO or Coach and has said he beleive a president should not be the front for the club on footy matters. There are some who believe that because of this Bux will not coach Collingwood whilst Eddie is president.

I understand from JB that he is not intent on staying in the role for a long term. Besides that, I think he'd be happy to allow a coach to front the media if the coach had the skills.

North Melbourne.

The only thing that surprises me is that the football media is not all over this story.

The only thing that surprises me is that the football media is not all over this story.

I don't think they consider it a feasable turn of events.

North is the only other club I can see Buckley at apart from Collingwood.

Seems a good fit for some reason.

Wouldn't Jack Ziebell love to have Buckley as a coach. :thumbsu:

What about Port?

North is the only other club I can see Buckley at apart from Collingwood.

Seems a good fit for some reason.

Wouldn't Jack Ziebell love to have Buckley as a coach. :thumbsu:

Ziebell was a Collingwood supporter and Bucks was his favourite player and tried to model himself to play the way Bucks played. I think he has already had a positive influence on the kid despite probably never meeting. I think he would love to see Bucks there.

Like Voss though, I imagine Bucks would need someone of great experience by his side as an assistant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strong rumour - Bux to coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back