Stuck with Read

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Re: Re: Stuck with Read

Originally posted by no1bankteller

I have also met Read a few times, even given his a life to a few functions when he was in Melbourne and he is genuinely a great guy. Really down to earth and focused on being the best he can be.

I have also met Read a few times, even given him a lift to a few functions when he was in Melbourne and he is genuinely a great guy. Really down to earth and focused on being the best he can be

Re: Re: Stuck with Read

Originally posted by The Oracle
I, like most others, are glad we are "Stuck" with Phil Read. Exeter obviously doesn't watch much footy (or know anything about the game !) to make such a stupid comment.

To imply that someone who posts an opinion that differs from yours (and in this instance, from most other posters) is either stupid or doesn't know anything about the game is fatuous, adolescent and just plain offensive (as well as wrong).

Suggest you learn the art of self restraint and some manners before you next pass judgement on people you don't even know.

As for your comments about Read and Morrison, I accept what you say and the point is well made.

Exeter did The Oracle hurt your feelings boo-hoo. Seems like he hit a nerve. I agree everyone is intitled to their opinion on this board but your opinion did sound like someone who doesn't watch a game of football properly and just goes by so called stats. I seem to remember Jako and Woosha having a lean year when they return to the game after one knee reconstruction and Phil has had two. He is an assest to the club with his hardness at the ball and if you can't see that you must be blind. Morrision as you agreed to as well is'nt in the same boat yet he was selected to play before Phil, no wonder the guy's not sure if he wants to stay at the club. Oh and like you bank teller I have met him and my family and I have gotten to know him real well he is a top guy as well as a hard working player. I hope he stays but his future is in his own hands and it's not a lot of money he is after either. The club should try their darndest to keep him at the club as I believe he will improve in leaps and bounds his second year back after the reco's and be the Ready of old, a real little bulldog.

A fit Morrison is better than Read. Morrison actually knows what to do once he gets the ball in his hands.

I can't see Read in the backline because he wouldn't have the height to match a Medhurst or the Speed to match a Milne.
In the last derby he got embarrased by Haselby and Haselby is as slow as they come.

At Read's best, he is still behind Kerr and Fletcher and even Braun as a midfielder...

For backpocket, even Wooden is better.

After dong nothing for 3 years, the club is right to offer him a minimum contract... 30 possesions for East Fremantle means nothing in AFL.

Phil Read

Angry.....Angry young Man

I like it and all,but seriously he gets hammered a lot ........He's not soft at all but I feel when ever he gets in his "punchy" moods(I even call him punchy when I'm watching),His game goes down hill.....when he plays the ball hard he is a better than average player......but when fit I think Morrison is the man.

Re: Re: Phil Read

Originally posted by S.J Rollin
I call him punchee

That's funny!

I tend to agree with Drexel and Fraka.

Read has neither the ability nor the intelligence of a Worsfold or a Jakovich (mind you, few have) and coming off 2 knee injuries is unlikely to regain pre-injury form for a long time. He is a self appointed "hard man" who, in my view, is a loose cannon who tends to give away too many frees and seems to be more focussed on playing the man.

IMO he is an average player - and I don't mean "average" as a pejorative.

Phil Read

So long punchy

Cant say i'm that unhappy really.....Beeck (sp?) will come up off the rookie list,so it should be good for the future,whilst retain "punchy" would have given "maybe" a short term result the club wll be better of in the future IMHO for his delisting

Remove this Banner Ad

Stuck with Read

Remove this Banner Ad

Back