Stuff the Irish!

Remove this Banner Ad

Please lets give it a rest ..I couldn't put up with the whinging and whining like little school girls that we had to endure from the Irish after the last series.
are there any worse losers than the Irish ??...they start fights and then get cleaned up ..they whinge about Aussies being bullys ..they try and play football and they get cleaned up ..and then whinge about the rules .
Leave them over there in Ireland to whinge where nobody can hear them.

Please lets give it a rest ..I couldn't put up with the whinging and whining like little school girls that we had to endure from the Irish after the last series.
are there any worse losers than the Irish ??...they start fights and then get cleaned up ..they whinge about Aussies being bullys ..they try and play football and they get cleaned up ..and then whinge about the rules .
Leave them over there in Ireland to whinge where nobody can hear them.

Aussie cricketers :thumbsu:

The Irish are too ****scared to have too much of their game screwed for the purposes of a true hybrid - so the GAA MUST come to the party.

50% Gaelic Rules and 50% Australian Rules. Or you can just forget about it.

As for the point about SOO, you can blame Mick Malthouse for it's demise. The dumbarse thought it was better to have his Weagles play for their club and not for their respective states. People like Sheedy in particular were continually embracing it by comparison.

And they were never pointless. NEVER. Just ask any Victorian who played whilst EJ was in charge as chairman of selectors.

Right, we don't enjoy it.

Thats why we avg. bigger crowds to these games than to SOO :rolleyes:

You should quit rolling your eyes and concentrate when you read.
I didn't say "we don't enjoy these games".
I said "the Irish seem to enjoy these games more than we do, yet they carry on like they are doing us a favour."

The large attendances at these games simply prove how representative football can be a drawcard given a suitable time-slot with decent promotion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee I wonder whether the GAA feel threatened by Irelands success in the cricket world cup (given the GAA banned cricket from Ireland until recently, and have done everything in its power to kill the game there). The AFL need to tell ther GAA to go cry to their mummies some more and come back when they have men playing their game, not a bunch of sooky lala crybabies.

As much as I love International Rules, the AFL has to distance itself totally from the disgrace of an organisation that is the GAA. How can they be taken seriously as a sporting organisation when they don't know the first thing about sportsmanship.

The GAA boys are amatuers are'nt they? No wonder they got flogged and want the tackle gone, they simply can't compete with professional athletes on this front. I agree, stuff the Irish and scrap the series. We'd be better off playing an AFL hybrid of gridiron with USA or something for a spectacle. Or a hybrid of rugby against the NRL.

who cares about the international rules, it just an excuse for a few normally pi55 weak afl player to shove around a few some amature players, to get a reputation as a tough guys.

bring back State of Origin..

The series is dead in the water, let's leave it that way.

I find it amusing the argument against SOO is that players will injure themselves. What do rugby players in NSW and QLD have to say about that, I wonder? Seems like the joy of representing their state in a top-flight series outweighs the risk. Players get injured in the pre-season, should we ban that too? There are risks, but the benefits outweigh. I don't recall all that many injuries coming out of a SOO game and blokes are just as likely to hurt themselves in a regular season game anyway.

Bring it back and forget the petticoats who worry about injuries.

Time to ditch "International Rules" I think.

Gaelic football isn't even a professional game for Christ's sake!!

They have a bitch when they lose. Maybe they should realise they lose because they are bloody amatuers going up against professional sportsmen.

Bring back SOO :thumbsu:

The series is dead in the water, let's leave it that way.

I find it amusing the argument against SOO is that players will injure themselves. What do rugby players in NSW and QLD have to say about that, I wonder? Seems like the joy of representing their state in a top-flight series outweighs the risk. Players get injured in the pre-season, should we ban that too? There are risks, but the benefits outweigh. I don't recall all that many injuries coming out of a SOO game and blokes are just as likely to hurt themselves in a regular season game anyway.

Bring it back and forget the petticoats who worry about injuries.

I think you'll find that half full stadiums killed it, not injuries. The people spoke with their feet. SOO died when the comp went national.

I think you'll find that half full stadiums killed it, not injuries. The people spoke with their feet. SOO died when the comp went national.

I'd say it had a lot to do with the team/player attitudes towards it also. If the best players have a passion for it and want to represent their state, then people will show up. Who wouldn't want to watch Judd and co playing the best of the Croweaters and Sandgropers? SOO lost a little bit of the representative lustre towards the end.

I think now that Interstate rivalries and such have developed, there is enough feeling between the states that there would be large turnouts to SOO games. Perhaps a new series will showcase the concept better now than it did back then.

I agree piss the whingeing Irish off.

Ok first things first, you’re obviously a tool.
2nd, it was a MINORITY, I felt the Aussies were provoked last year the Irish guys in question got what was coming, lets not let ignorance shine through.

But before we do, lets address this,

There are more tackling options allowed in netball than gaelic football.

No there are not, however, its clearly undefined in the game, like the push in the back in yours, its open to interpretation.

Time to ditch "International Rules" I think.

Gaelic football isn't even a professional game for Christ's sake!!

They have a bitch when they lose. Maybe they should realise they lose because they are bloody amatuers going up against professional sportsmen.

Bring back SOO :thumbsu:

As far as I know its Aussies 7 series wins to Irelands 6.
So null and void.

Gee I wonder whether the GAA feel threatened by Irelands success in the cricket world cup (given the GAA banned cricket from Ireland until recently, and have done everything in its power to kill the game there). The AFL need to tell ther GAA to go cry to their mummies some more and come back when they have men playing their game, not a bunch of sooky lala crybabies.

As much as I love International Rules, the AFL has to distance itself totally from the disgrace of an organisation that is the GAA. How can they be taken seriously as a sporting organisation when they don't know the first thing about sportsmanship.

GAA CANNOT ban any game, they dont have the power.
Our boys and media especially the media, shouldnt have made an issue, we ytried to get physical when we were never going to win that battle.

And its our pres at the minute, not the subtlest of men, in fact a very arrogant individual, not unlike your own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stuff the Irish!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back