Stupid Moves of 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest regret so far waqs trading Trav Cloke for Jon Brown. Jon Brown had dropped a shitload and I though it woudl be a good time to get him. Well Trav Cloke plays his best game of the season against Essendon and Brown does shit all against Melbourne. Nearly cost me the game but I just scraped through.

Not thinking that Roughead will fire this season and picking up Shannon Hurn instead. Then deciding to keep Shannon Hurn and boot Brad Symes just before Round 3 has been the highlight of my season... :mad:

Taking Darren Pfeiffer over Harry Taylor also rates a mention.

Where to start? Every move I've made has gone pear shaped.

1. Thought Stanton was gonna be amongst the top midfielders
2. Thought Fletcher would become the go to guy in the eagles engine room.
3. Dropped Chapman during the preseason for...wait for it... Des Headland.
4. Joel Bowden
5. Traded Bowden for Kennelly who was a late withdrawal
6. Traded Stevens for Ablett last week and made him Captain after he torched the swans. Stevens got a ton, Ablett got 50.

There are others. This season is shot.

4. Joel Bowden
6. Traded Stevens for Ablett last week and made him Captain after he torched the swans. Stevens got a ton, Ablett got 50.

The others are bad luck, the bolded one was just a real dud call. Was never gonna happen

Had a great run with most my team starting to get big scores

Hampson over Kruezer stupid move could of made some money with Kruzer and Wood both on my bench

Not going with my gut feeling on Cox Shaw and Medhurst ended up picking all 3 up with 14 trades left

and picking up 2 North melbourne players for my reserves they both should be playing hopefully Thompson plays a couple more games he needs 1 more to go up in price also would like to see Hansen play his preseason form was great

The others are bad luck, the bolded one was just a real dud call. Was never gonna happen

I read an interview with Worsfold where he said Chad was over his groin injury now and he expected big things from him this year. It stuck in my head. He's been a fantasy stud in the past, but yeah it was a dud call alright.

Picking Nicoski initially. I'm sure those who did will understand what I mean when I say he's like the plague, impossible to get rid of. No one within 100,000 of his price worth trading to, no youngsters getting enough games to downgrade to. Eventually I was forced to downgrade an expensive forward to McKinley and upgraded him to Bradshaw which is working allright so far but will probably screw over my forward line in rounds to come.

Now not sure if stupid move or just damn unlucky but have/had the following:

Lucas (injured first game)
Hall (obvious reasons)
Priddis (injured)
Dew (injured)
Gamble (injured and suspended)
Cornes (injured this week)
Riewold (just added injured week 7)
Nicoski (had barlow, got nicoski, then got rid of nicoski, now that was just damn stupid...LOL)
B.Reid (-4, finally gets a game, 5 possies, 4 clangers and good bye)

0-3 with still injuries to Priddis, Dew and Cornes.. :mad::mad::mad: but it's okay, will have good side after the break :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4. Joel Bowden

This move continues to haunt me this week, with Stevens posting his 2nd ton in a row. Wish I'd offloaded Stanton instead.:mad:

C'mon Gazza, vindicate my faith. Do what to Brisbane what you did to the swans.

Beau Fricken Waters.

Already gone from 440,000 to 320,000 and will fall with his 10 this week.

Bloody annoying.

My stupidest trade for the year keeps haunting me so I thought I'd share.

My forwards were Grant, Brown, Lucas (I obviously traded him out and got Chapman), Richardson, Pavlich, Porplyzia, Harding
My Reserves were Rioli and Tippett.

Now a few weeks ago Leigh Harding got dropped (Round 4) and I panicked and traded him to Josh Hill. At the time Harding was $234,000 and Hill was about to explode with a nice break-even and his price was $218,600. So I ended up with an extra $15,400 in the bank and thinking I had the cash cow of the year.

Since that trade Harding come back into the Kangaroos team and has scored 114 and 112 and his price exploded from $234,000 to around $351,000. While Hill has scored 35, 38 and 48, went up to 284,400 and peaked at 289,700 before dropping to around $267,000.

The difference is almost $100,000 and a valuable trade that i really didn't need to make with Rioli sitting in the reserves!

And still it haunts me... now add 113 to those scores in bold :eek: :(

Trading richo to medhurst before tigers played freo was the dumbest move I made this year.

My logic sounded right though after tigers played pies. I thought richo has had 2 sh1t games in a row and is getting triple teamed, wont do gr8 this year!

How the hell did I know wallet would move him to the wing and he would score 179 the week I traded him out and score consistently ever since? :rolleyes::thumbsdown:

And my stupid moves?
Probably only made 2.
Getting Hartlett at the start of the year.
And trading in Hodge this week (how was i to know ?!?!? :()

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back