Roast Stupidity....

Remove this Banner Ad

The human race can be a ridiculously stupid entity at times...

About 2000hrs here at work tonight my colleague and I smelt something a little weirder than normal coming from the virology/microbiology end of the lab.....

After a little investigating we found that the cleaners on having run out of floor cleaning liquid, found a bucket next to their store room of liquid and used this. Resourceful some may say...

Not when the freaking thing is clearly labelled as Formaldehyde!!! Lucky to be atill walking about they reckon...the cleaner that is not us, we just have to sit in the lab with the option of a facemask if the funes get too much.

Anyone else got some great examples of human stupidity?

Nothing to that extreme Hazey, but I once had a tool repairer who would remove his safety glasses at the exact point where he blasted the chuck of a drill with compressed air. "...so I can make sure all the little flakes of steel are gone." um... yeah. At least if they lodge in your pupil you'll know where they went.

1. Picture a high-rise city office building. It's Friday night drinks on the 32nd floor.

One night, late, someone announces that the windows are very strong. To prove it he runs at one of the windows and shoulders it, as if he's bumping a despised opponent (say, Alan Didak or Stephen Milne). The window shudders a bit but holds firm.

This practice becomes a late Friday night tradition. Damn crazy accountants!

2. Or the 41st floor of another city building. There's a sliding door out onto a metre and a half-wide ledge. Not sure why. Maybe they were going to turn the ledge into a balcony. Or maybe they need access to the window cleaning machine at certain points.

Anyway, there's nothing between the ledge and the footpath 41 floors below, except the rail on which the window cleaning machine travels. It's about 0.5 of a metre above the floor of the ledge.

Why is the door permanently locked? Because the smokers were taking time out from meetings to "step out" onto the ledge for a ciggie.

Talk about health hazards.

Dan, I reckon that's the opposite of stupidity. Your kid's a genius.

(by the way, did it?)

Little Danroo......meaning me :eek: No children......that I know of.

As for the dog LTK, I don't think it did any rainbow droppings.......and it wasn't worth finding out because I ended up being on the receiving end of my old mans palm :/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back