Scottroo

Premiership Player
Mar 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Just saw that sturt had a trial match against the power and i wanna kno if players on the crows list such as ben nelson marty mattner and brent riely will be able to play in trail matches! i kno the crows have 1 the same nite as the sturt port game but im thinking bout otha games!

I have reason to believe that the Crows players on Sturt's list will be available for that game.

I am more interested in who Toby Thurstans is lining up for. I consider him more a Sturt player these days even though he is technically a Power player.

Originally posted by Barto
I have reason to believe that the Crows players on Sturt's list will be available for that game.

I am more interested in who Toby Thurstans is lining up for. I consider him more a Sturt player these days even though he is technically a Power player.

That will be up to Port as he's our player.........but unless there are some extraordinary circumstances if Port do not pick him he should be available to play for Sturt.

That said being a trial I'd say he'll line up with Port

Originally posted by dreamkillers
That will be up to Port as he's our player.........but unless there are some extraordinary circumstances if Port do not pick him he should be available to play for Sturt.

That said being a trial I'd say he'll line up with Port
That'd be just like Port. ;)

Originally posted by Barto
That'd be just like Port. ;)

Yep.......without Port he wouldn't have played any games at Sturt.......;)

I'd say you will see both Thurstans and Morgan (North) being given plenty of match time during the pre season given this will be their final make or break year.

Yep.......without Port he wouldn't have played any games at Sturt.......;)

Are you saying that if was on any other AFL team's list he would've played every available AFL game and not been available for SANFL?

Originally posted by Unley Legend
Are you saying that if was on any other AFL team's list he would've played every available AFL game and not been available for SANFL?

Not at all.........

What I am saying is if Port didn't initially pick him up in the draft from Victoria he more than likely wouldn't have ended up playing at Sturt.........

Not at all.........

What I am saying is if Port didn't initially pick him up in the draft from Victoria he more than likely wouldn't have ended up playing at Sturt.........

Okay, I'll give you that one.....play on!

Okay, I'll give you that one.....play on!

Mind you I'm hoping to see both Thurstans and Morgan (North) make the most of their chances this year in the AFL. Both could claim a regular spot this year if they make the most of their opportunities in the pre season.

I'm amazed he (Toby) has played with us as much as he has, but sssshhh, don't tell Port, we're trying to keep him. It'll be our little secret.

It's had a lot to do with the settled backline that Port have had for the last few seasons but with Mead now retired and Paxman more than likely in his last season I'd say things will change this year.

I'm sure both Toby and Adam Morgan would love to prove some of the doubters wrong this year.......and I'm sure Port would love to see the 'potential' of both these players have turn into reality in 2003.

Otherwise not too sure they will be in SA in 2004........which I'm sure we both don't want to see happen.......;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sturt Trial Matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back