Suburban Football in Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

AllHart

Team Captain
Feb 23, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Hello all - I'll be holidaying in Adelaide next week and as well as attending a SANFL game (go Sturt!!) I would like to attend a suburban footy game. I'm from Melbourne and love my suburban footy and go every week. We have an abundance of competitions spread all over Melbourne and regional Victoria. Can you tell me what suburban competitions exit in Adelaide? I'll then be able to go to their web site to see who's playing and pick a game to attend. If you can suggest a team to watch or a local derby even better. Gotta luv suburban footy. Thanks.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and input. I ended up going to the Glenunga V Port District game on Saturday and the game didn't disappoint. Glenunga had a good first half and looked like they would cruise to an easy win. But PD had other ideas. An even third quarter showed PD could match it with Glenunga and they certainly did in the last quarter. Glenunga failed to score in the last quarter and PD almost pinched the game failing by just 4 points. Congrats to both teams for a wonderful hard-fought game. The suburban ground was picturesque with lots of trees and the barbeque was awesome as was the coffee van. Loved the little scoreboard on the trolley as well!! Thanks to all. I took my camcorder with me and I've uploaded my vision onto YouTube. See link below. Hope to return in the future but it's back to Melbourne for now! Gotta luv suburban footy.

Last quarter of the RESERVES game between Glenunga and Port District - Round 12 on 6 July 2024 at Webb Oval:

Remove this Banner Ad

Suburban Football in Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back