Remove this Banner Ad

Contra Mundum said:
Yeh but Style Council was crap

Depends on your definition of crap.

There's boy band crap
There's Stock Aitken Waterman crap
There's Australian Idol Crap
Then there's The Jamster Frog level of crap

They weren't so bad afterall were they?;)

CarterS said:
Forgot about CSNY...

Who can forget Stephen Stills, the only person to be inducted into the R&R Hall of fame twice on the same day, for Buffalo Springfield and CSNY.

what about jimmy page who was inducted twice with yardbirds and led zep and both times some dirty laundry was aired as old scores were settled.

jeff beck...."i guest i should be grateful but they fired me ........so XXXX 'em"

john paul jones....."i'd like to thank my friends for at last remembering my phone number"

Max Cavellera: Sepultura & Soulfly

Chris Cornell: Soundgarden & a superb solo album & at least is commercially successful with Audioslave, if not artistically.

Ditto obviously the rest of RATM & Audioslave

Pearl Jam's Stone Gossard has done reasonably well with Brad also.

Someone already mention Matt Cameron (Soundgarden & Pearl Jam), but i will again because he is God.

The daddy of them all would be John Wetton, (bass,vocals, occassional keyboards) with stints in King Crimson, Family, Uriah Heep, Asia, U.K., Jethro Tull, Roxy Music, solo etc.

Mick Ralphs: Mott The Hoople, Bad Company.
Paul Rogers, Simon Kirke : Free, Bad Company etc.
Ross Wilson: Pink Finks, Sons of Vegetal Mother, Party Machine, Daddy Cool, Mighty Kong, Mondo Rock, solo.
Peter Frampton: Herd, Frampton's Camel, Humble Pie, solo etc.
Alex Chilton: Box Tops, Big Star, solo.
Steve Winwood: Spencer Davis Group, Traffic, Blind Faith, solo.
Lemmy Kilmister: Hawkwind, Motorhead.
Eric Burdon: Animals, & The Animals, & War, solo.

Probably not hugely popularly succesful but great artists such as, Ward Dotson: Gun Club, Pontiac Bros., Liquor Giants.
Mark Arm: Green River, Mudhoney, Monkeywrench.

Hundreds of others, too many to mention.

Ross Wilson: Pink Finks, Sons of Vegetal Mother, Party Machine, Daddy Cool, Mighty Kong, Mondo Rock, solo.

Steve Winwood: Spencer Davis Group, Traffic, Blind Faith, solo

Geez you feel stupid when you totally forget about ones like these above.

Here's some more that Ross Wilson has reminded me of

Stevie Wright - the easybeats -> solo

Vanda & Young - the easybeats -> Vanda & Young -> I want to say Flash and the Pan but was that them or just them writing and producing?

Glenn Shorrock - The Twilights -> Axiom -> Little River Band -> solo (kind of)

Todd Rundgren - Woody's Truck Stop > the Nazz > Solo > Utopia

Edwin Bear - Solo > Korona

Graham Bonnett - Solo > Rainbow

diablo14 said:
agitator, have you heard of a supergroup before? several of them have been mentioned here

a couple of these that werent mentioned...asia, mad season.

the only ones i really heard of that was famous is cream with erich clapton, ginger baker and jack bruce also bad company and emerson lake and palmer.

they were all the rage in the late 60's and jimmy page tried to form his own supergroup with jeff beck from yarbirds and keith moon and john entwhistle from the who..............alas it werent to be.

quote from keith moon to jimmy:

"this band of yours has as much chance of getting off the ground as a lead zeppelin" that's where the name of the band came from.

ive heard about asia but dont know much about their music........any good??

WKB said:
Geez you feel stupid when you totally forget about ones like these above.

Here's some more that Ross Wilson has reminded me of

Stevie Wright - the easybeats -> solo

Vanda & Young - the easybeats -> Vanda & Young -> I want to say Flash and the Pan but was that them or just them writing and producing?

Glenn Shorrock - The Twilights -> Axiom -> Little River Band -> solo (kind of)

Flash and The Pan was just Vanda and Young (with some guest vocals by Stevie Wright occassionaly). They were also The Marcus Hook Roll Band which recorded one album and a couple of singles (hardly chartbusters though).Vanda and Young also recorded singles as Paintbox, Haffy's Whisky Sour and Grapefruit but they weren't successful.
Glen Shorrock was also solo (albeit briefly and unsuccessfully between Axiom and the LRB)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have already been mentioned but the first 2 names that came into my head when I opened this thread were Chris Cornell and Matt Cameron.

Both played in Soundgarden which is close to my favourite band.
Cornell is now with Audioslave which i believe is also a top band and Cameron is in Pearl Jam which is a huge band.

Maynard Keenan plays in the brilliant Tool and A Perfect Circle.

Eric Singer was an awesome drummer in Kiss and is also in Alice Cooper's band.(A great drummer to hear live).:cool:

Just looking at the prolific ones. Tex Perkins would take some beating in Oz. Some that i know of (in no particular order); Well known bands: Beasts of Bourbon, Cruel Sea, Tex, Don & Charlie, solo. Also Salamander Jim, Thug, Bumhead Orchestra, Snot Collection, ****ters, Butcher Shop, James Baker Experience as well as contributing to many other artists recordings.

Which brings us too Charlie Owen. New Christs, Paris Green, Louis Tillett and his Cast of Aspersions, Catfish, Divinyls,Tex,Don & Charlie, Maurice Frawley & Working Class Ringoes, Tendrils, Beasts of Bourbon, Tex Perkins & Dark Horses etc.

As mentioned before this could go on forever, so i won't.

Leaping Lindner said:
Flash and The Pan was just Vanda and Young (with some guest vocals by Stevie Wright occassionaly). They were also The Marcus Hook Roll Band which recorded one album and a couple of singles (hardly chartbusters though).Vanda and Young also recorded singles as Paintbox, Haffy's Whisky Sour and Grapefruit but they weren't successful.
Glen Shorrock was also solo (albeit briefly and unsuccessfully between Axiom and the LRB)

recorded one of my all time fave aussie songs in 'if you cant stand the heat'.

Dan Swano - Edge of Sanity, Bloodbath, Nightingale, Pan.Thy. Monium, Brejn Dedd, Unicorn, Infestdead , Route Nine, Katatonia, Altar, Another Life, Therion, Total Terror, Odyssey, Maceration, Godsend, Starone,Solo Album, and he is also a producer.

John Mcvie- John Mayell and the bluesbreakers, fleetwood mac, solo
christine Mcvie- Chicken shack, fleetwood mac, solo
Lindsey buckingham- Fritz, Buckingham/nicks, fleetwood mac, solo
Stevie Nicks-Fritz, Buckingham/nicks, fleetwood mac, solo
Mick Fleetwood-Shotgun Express, John Mayell and the bluesbreakers, fleetwood mac, solo
Peter Green-Peter B's Looners,John Mayell and the bluesbreakers, fleetwood mac, solo,peter green and the splinter group.

Remove this Banner Ad

success in more than one band

Remove this Banner Ad

Back