Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another forum on this site suggests that a leading central murray goalkicker is heading this way in a coaching capacity in 2007.

(New Coaches for 2007)

Ibis100 said:
You just need to ask the source Badds. No I'm not contracted next year. I signed on for one with the option of two. The club will make the decision that best suits the club for next year. Sounds like you heard South will have joint coaches as this is the second or third time you have asked if I was contracted for next year.

O'Brien was spoken to last year and remained at Southport when the coaching staff there was replaced. Had their coach of 2005 remained he would have returned home this year.

If South do opt for Joint coaches, it would be what the committee thinks is best for the club and they are the employers. If they opt to re-sign myself, then I would be more than happy to continue in the role and I imagine they will do as they did last year and consult with the senior players and leadership group when it comes time to make the decision. At the moment I have full support of the committee and the club and as long as we continue to reach the goals we set I see no reason why I wouldn't still be coaching on my own next year. The committe know I have a two year plan and that the second year was the year we expect to get the best from that plan. It takes 12 months for players to respond and understand the requirements of new coaches. Interesting fact though Badds, I was looking at the coaches board last week and noticed that the average coaching life at south for hte past 12 years is only two years service.

nope ibis i havent heard anything re coaching positions at south i was just asking what your contact position was thats all, no connection with the rumour that i have heard

Leadership is a matter of intelligence,trustworthiness.humaneness.courage and sterness and Ibis 4 out of 5 aint that bad

Hillite said:
If we were to go through the current SFL coaches which have a less than secure future.

Merbein... possible if they decide to go on a spending spree it would most likely include a new coach probably playing. Can they stay they keep the cheque book stashed for a year or two.

Red Cliffs... hard to say if they can keep on track with the youth policy they would most likely keep Mick.. However if the locals were to get impatient and stage a coup it could mean the end of Mick.

South... well we've just heard it al from the horses mouth so to speak

Wenty... there could be dual coaching role here but again it has been denied. But then its a long time to season 2007 and lots can happen. Bells fitness could come into play.

Imperials.. a definite chance considering the likelyhood of Imps not making the finals This could cause some sort of reaction in the power base in the Green Room. Although family ties are pretty strong.
Petrie's return from overseas doesn't mean he will automatically end up at Imps. A proven forward could attract considerable offers in 2007 Would imps match them. However I don't see him as coaching material.

Mildura.. another good chance. The Dees promised a lot this season. Perhaps its up to a different type of coach and player to deliver.

Robinvale... I reckon they would be happy with the current bloke. They could get the cheque book out to get the players required (if any ) Finding and enticing a coach to Robinvale is something they might wish to avoid.

Irymple... if they win the flag Eaton will get the Mayorial robes and the job Regardless he'll get the job if he wants it in 2007. If he wants it. NB

All coaching positions are subject to the whim of incoming committees unless the clubs have contracted coaches for more than one year.
(How many do that.)
The lives lives of coaches outside of footy (job and family) can influence their decisions. So all coaches could go but it is interesting to speculate.
I wonder if Sun Tzu has a position on coaches.

as far as Redcliffs perhaps they need a leader that can show the way, with Mildura perhaps the same applies, Wentwoth perhaps needs a change, Robinvale should retain what they have, Irymple perhaps depending on what they achieve will stick with what they have, but will they be happy?, Imperials should try someone from outside, to many inner club mambers, South should retain the services of Spivey because he doesnt just talk the talk he walks the walk

Sun Tzu said:
Leadership is a matter of intelligence,trustworthiness.humaneness.courage and sterness and Ibis 4 out of 5 aint that bad

Boris Pecker is a tool.

Drop-kick!

Having got that dickwit out of the system can I go on to a couple of other wackers, SUN SHMOO @ SHOO @ FRANGER..... IB-freekin-IS, NA-bloody KRIEL, for chrissake, go get your own bloody chat site and stop waffling on, on this forum.

You are or seem very angry zinger obviously changed your name as you remain anonymous, so therfore think you can sling off at anyone, we will find out who you are coward and if you don't like it, take a long walk off a short bridge

zinger said:
Boris Pecker is a tool.

Drop-kick!

Having got that dickwit out of the system can I go on to a couple of other wackers, SUN SHMOO @ SHOO @ FRANGER..... IB-freekin-IS, NA-bloody KRIEL, for chrissake, go get your own bloody chat site and stop waffling on, on this forum.

Zinger you are a SOOK and I am glad that you dont play senior football because you would be a liability, perhaps you should take up netball with all the other girls. although they would probably beat you also....you are destined for a long lonely life looking over your shoulder for the ones that you have slagged off at:thumbsdown::mad:

Sun Tzu said:
What no come back ****ER

(Log in to remove this ad.)

strong rumour doing the rounds re new joint coaches at a certain sfl club next year and its not wenty but im not going to say who unless its guessed correctly as i said its only a rumour......[/quote]heard it too badds ARENTZ & CONNICK WILL BE AT THE HELM AT MILDURA IN 2007........

Hillite said:
If we were to go through the current SFL coaches which have a less than secure future.

Merbein... possible if they decide to go on a spending spree it would most likely include a new coach probably playing. Can they stay they keep the cheque book stashed for a year or two.

Red Cliffs... hard to say if they can keep on track with the youth policy they would most likely keep Mick.. However if the locals were to get impatient and stage a coup it could mean the end of Mick.

South... well we've just heard it al from the horses mouth so to speak

Wenty... there could be dual coaching role here but again it has been denied. But then its a long time to season 2007 and lots can happen. Bells fitness could come into play.

Imperials.. a definite chance considering the likelyhood of Imps not making the finals This could cause some sort of reaction in the power base in the Green Room. Although family ties are pretty strong.
Petrie's return from overseas doesn't mean he will automatically end up at Imps. A proven forward could attract considerable offers in 2007 Would imps match them. However I don't see him as coaching material.

Mildura.. another good chance. The Dees promised a lot this season. Perhaps its up to a different type of coach and player to deliver.

Robinvale... I reckon they would be happy with the current bloke. They could get the cheque book out to get the players required (if any ) Finding and enticing a coach to Robinvale is something they might wish to avoid.

Irymple... if they win the flag Eaton will get the Mayorial robes and the job Regardless he'll get the job if he wants it in 2007. If he wants it. NB

All coaching positions are subject to the whim of incoming committees unless the clubs have contracted coaches for more than one year.
(How many do that.)
The lives lives of coaches outside of footy (job and family) can influence their decisions. So all coaches could go but it is interesting to speculate.
I wonder if Sun Tzu has a position on coaches.

from what i have heard from the inner sanctum at imperials they are starting to get extremely restless and are starting at looking at things for next year and one of those could be the appiontment of someone new to the club that has no family connection someone of the standard of shane garner a few years ago.

as for irymple eaton will stay on as long as he wants and as long as the commitee are happy with him.

red cliffs will get rid of mick. he has had two years there now and the locals dont like being down for that long so dont be surprised if the check book comes out and a few players arrive there during pre season.

mildura need to develop some depth in their playing list which could be attributed to the coaching staff but not sure if they are ready to get rid of ryan yet, will prob keep him for another 12 months and then look at things.

ibis seems to be safe at south from talking to yappa all reports have been good no negatives.

badds keeps telling us that belly will be at wentworth but not sure, his body will be a huge factor but if he stops playing he will continue on in some role with badds stepping up and taking the on field role he deserves.

zinger said:
Boris Pecker is a tool.

Drop-kick!

Short-sighted are we? Can't spell your own pseudonym?

Mate the W is two rows higher,slightly to the right on the keyboard.

If you have an opinion express it, no need to get personal.

Hey now you can add me to your list of favorites.

Arentz is building a new house in SwanHill. I dont think he would travel.Although him and Ash are great mates .(The house is being built by his brother so ther is a big chance he will be playing in the saints colours along with another builder .)

GAblett said:
from what i have heard from the inner sanctum at imperials they are starting to get extremely restless and are starting at looking at things for next year and one of those could be the appiontment of someone new to the club that has no family connection someone of the standard of shane garner a few years ago.

as for irymple eaton will stay on as long as he wants and as long as the commitee are happy with him.

red cliffs will get rid of mick. he has had two years there now and the locals dont like being down for that long so dont be surprised if the check book comes out and a few players arrive there during pre season.

mildura need to develop some depth in their playing list which could be attributed to the coaching staff but not sure if they are ready to get rid of ryan yet, will prob keep him for another 12 months and then look at things.

ibis seems to be safe at south from talking to yappa all reports have been good no negatives.

badds keeps telling us that belly will be at wentworth but not sure, his body will be a huge factor but if he stops playing he will continue on in some role with badds stepping up and taking the on field role he deserves.

Is Basher McGee still at Red Cliffs.?

Coaches thoughts

Imperials - Hard to replace a coach that took out the 2005 Premiership even if they do miss finals. Very injury depleted team and losing games by very small margins.

Mildura - O'Callaghan was leaving the district last year from what I hear but was talked into staying. Believe he is thinking of moving again at end of this year. If they miss finals I suggest Mildura will look within their current ranks for a new coach (Connick)?????

Merbein - Their current coach works for the President. Will probably get another year but they will need to recruit hard over the summer.

Red Cliffs - No results since taking over and not the most popular of coaches. I think they will be looking elsewhere next year.

Robinvale - Has turned the club around both on and off the field. If he wants to stay he will definatley stay.

Wentworth - Need to make finals for Belly to stay in charge. Had a run in with several junior players as discussed on here earlier in season and may have lost the respect of the players and committee. My tip is Alvey to take the raines. Seems to take alot of training already and with his experience and knowledge is the right man for the job.

Irymple - Eato will coach if he wants it.

South - I hope I get an extention on my contract. Please Lyle, pretty please, cherry on top.

That seems to be a flaw in Bells approach to coaching it probably led to his demise at Red Cliffs and Irymple. The uncertainty of his back back injury didn't help. I believe he wasn't that popular with some players and supporters at Irymple. Most of his supporters among the players have left the club one way or another.
I reckon he is likely to go (as far as Senior coach)
However Wenty will try to keep him around. Forwards capable of kicking a ton are not easy to find.

Connick would come with massive baggage after over-seeing 5 losing flags in succession! Fled to crappy minor league after last 1 at helm of Tooly/Manang, before heading back to Mild. Suggest anyone reading this looking at his appointment, proceed with severe caution. I'd suggest his coaching days are over! Lacks punch in big games come September, mud sticks!!:thumbsdown:

Ibis100 said:
Coaches thoughts

Imperials - Hard to replace a coach that took out the 2005 Premiership even if they do miss finals. Very injury depleted team and losing games by very small margins.

Mildura - O'Callaghan was leaving the district last year from what I hear but was talked into staying. Believe he is thinking of moving again at end of this year. If they miss finals I suggest Mildura will look within their current ranks for a new coach (Connick)?????

Merbein - Their current coach works for the President. Will probably get another year but they will need to recruit hard over the summer.

Red Cliffs - No results since taking over and not the most popular of coaches. I think they will be looking elsewhere next year.

Robinvale - Has turned the club around both on and off the field. If he wants to stay he will definatley stay.

Wentworth - Need to make finals for Belly to stay in charge. Had a run in with several junior players as discussed on here earlier in season and may have lost the respect of the players and committee. My tip is Alvey to take the raines. Seems to take alot of training already and with his experience and knowledge is the right man for the job.

Irymple - Eato will coach if he wants it.

South - I hope I get an extention on my contract. Please Lyle, pretty please, cherry on top.

Ibis i have heard that merbein are looking to replace their current coach either with a former coach that was succesful for them a few years back or maybe a former coach of a SFL side.

Been assured that either way they feel they will get quite a lot of their grand final winning side back together

Nard 06 said:
Connick would come with massive baggage after over-seeing 5 losing flags in succession! Fled to crappy minor league after last 1 at helm of Tooly/Manang, before heading back to Mild. Suggest anyone reading this looking at his appointment, proceed with severe caution. I'd suggest his coaching days are over! Lacks punch in big games come September, mud sticks!!:thumbsdown:
Connick prepares for games well Played in last Grand Final with broken ribs .Lacked off feild support at the new club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back