Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAblett said:
lazzy dave you and wally would nearly have to be certainties to go with him would you?

Probably I need some desperate cash for my betting and I think between you and I, Wally is saving up for a ring to get engaged. So he reckons he needs to get a bit of cash for that.

Nakriel said:
Dave I wasnt saying that Tim was not a loyal player, obviously he is, I was saying that there a number of players at the moment that are at other clubs than the ones that invested the junior years in them

No worries Nakers I was just getting on my high horse about the treatment of Ando by a team that he has given a lot of service to!

malleeboy said:
I'm sure there will be an announcement soon. Haven't seen him this happy since he got the quaddie the other month.

Its nothing to do with REAL ESTATE at all is it m/boy. I have seen up checking out one of the realestate offices lately?

badds said:
its amazing all the rumours that are going around about myself, firstly that crap i have read on this site bout me asking for this and that is to be honest very funny, the fooz on cmfl and i will comment on there thread 2morow get a life and be very careful with leagal rammifications being involved what you put on here regarding dollars... i am not a person who is driven by money for example i knocked back potentially earning 45,000 for footy at port and 50,000 at another country league club this year to play at my local club for around 10,000 so to all you parrots who think you know about me you know nothing... as for my future that we will be decided at the end of the season, yes i have spoken to 4-5 other clubs they have rang me.. the least i can do is talk to them.. rumours are just that no body knows other than me..,all disscussions have been very informal.. and i stress not once yes thats rite not once has money been mentioned to be honest its all about getting a good job for me.., yes i want to coach at some stage and all clubs i have spoken to are in different leagues to this... it is a very big possibillity that i will stay at wenty as i love that club and always will.. and gablett watch very carefully what you quote me as saying as i have yet to comment once on here bout my movements next year.... so try and guess if you want but to be honest you know nothing......
Absolutely top spray and good on ya. Have enjoyed your efforts on a Sat morning with Pat. Insight from some of your old footy mates has been good.

ECHUCABOY said:
Its funny that a team or players on a team would actually take what was/is said on BigFooty as inspiration in a game. What are the boys ganna do clean someone up and say "Thats for calling me a front runner on BigFooty"! Pretty pathetic boys..................

Mate this is a funny little town.

People will fix you up in a game of footy for something totally unrelated to the game being played and will fix you up in a pub or night club for something that happened at the footy.....small town mentality in a large rural city. The perceived injury need not be real to incur the wrath handed out either, rumour will be sufficient to initiate retribution.

You only have to read the emotive responses on this thread to see that even at the "perceived" highest level of player/coach this mindset is motivation for vengeful attack of the most personal nature.

malleeboy said:
I'm sure there will be an announcement soon. Haven't seen him this happy since he got the quaddie the other month.

very funny boys very funny, havent got a quaddie for a long time wouldnt mind one jumping in though.. malleboy you yourself must be very close to popping the big question soon just a picture of love you are.... lazy dave i was just up watching the golf last nite mate and logged on and saw such crap that i had reply.... on the disposals in a game earlier in year i reckon aussie cumming had 50-60 against red cliffs and last week vs imps he would have had 45-50.....

Back Pocket Assassin said:
Absolutely top spray and good on ya. Have enjoyed your efforts on a Sat morning with Pat. Insight from some of your old footy mates has been good.

cheers back pocket....

Lazy Dave said:
Probably I need some desperate cash for my betting and I think between you and I, Wally is saving up for a ring to get engaged. So he reckons he needs to get a bit of cash for that.

I have had a call from somebody who wants me to retract the above quote. Lazy Dave is NOT David Clohesy and he remains a happy little vegimite at Imps.:) To be honest I am sure both Clohesy's won't be going anywhere next year and for that matter hopefully Gaz will stick around also. It seems my attempted humour may not have been received that way...

badds said:
its amazing all the rumours that are going around about myself, firstly that crap i have read on this site bout me asking for this and that is to be honest very funny, the fooz on cmfl and i will comment on there thread 2morow get a life and be very careful with leagal rammifications being involved what you put on here regarding dollars... i am not a person who is driven by money for example i knocked back potentially earning 45,000 for footy at port and 50,000 at another country league club this year to play at my local club for around 10,000 so to all you parrots who think you know about me you know nothing... as for my future that we will be decided at the end of the season, yes i have spoken to 4-5 other clubs they have rang me.. the least i can do is talk to them.. rumours are just that no body knows other than me..,all disscussions have been very informal.. and i stress not once yes thats rite not once has money been mentioned to be honest its all about getting a good job for me.., yes i want to coach at some stage and all clubs i have spoken to are in different leagues to this... it is a very big possibillity that i will stay at wenty as i love that club and always will.. and gablett watch very carefully what you quote me as saying as i have yet to comment once on here bout my movements next year.... so try and guess if you want but to be honest you know nothing......

Did you choose to play cricket and get knocked back because you couldn't fulfill training commitments to footy, because if that is the situation it was their choice not yours.

You can only knock back a real offer not a potential one.

I laud your loyalty but do not assume a higher position by quoting possibilites over realities.

At the end of the day what you earn is really no-one's business but yours and the tax man's.

Santoz said:
Last Sunday in the Sturt vs West's match at Richmond Oval, the Sturt footy clubs Sean O'Keefe had a pretty reasonable day. 50 disposals (34 kicks, 16 h/balls) and kicked 4 goals. Question.

In the SFL, which player would have the most disposals this season to date and why ???

Here are a few that would figure prominently;Leigh Gathercole, Ryan O'Callaghan, Chris Lee, John Jackson, Ozzie Cumming, Jason Spivey, Don Falvo, Sam Curran. Im sure that some clubs do stats aswell so maybe they could shed some light. Stats arent always the true indicator of a good game though. eg. Heath Scotland

Gladstone Small said:
Here are a few that would figure prominently;Leigh Gathercole, Ryan O'Callaghan, Chris Lee, John Jackson, Ozzie Cumming, Jason Spivey, Don Falvo, Sam Curran. Im sure that some clubs do stats aswell so maybe they could shed some light. Stats arent always the true indicator of a good game though. eg. Heath Scotland

Tend to agree with the last sentence. With the game going the way it is.....fast continuous movement in any direction in much the same way a soccer game is conducted, multiple possessions and disposals are possible now without forward movement or scoring being achieved. A sheepdog can rate in the stats race without being effective and a courageous ball getter achieving success in the packs can go unnoticed or appear as a non-achiever in the collection of stats.

Stats on multiple possessions (which may be followed by poor delivery) don't give a true picture of the effectiveness of a player, but the gurus seemed to be fascinated with numbers and it doesn't apply only to footy.

Ibis100 said:
I will tell you again Badds, I am not Gutsy. I told you I THOUGHT it was my old man by the fact that he knew alot about me.

I now know who Gutsy is and have done for a little while but who is it for me to unleash the biggest secret on this thread.

He is a very good mate of mine and tied to the South Footy Club and I speak to him daily. Chalkie was heading in the right direction with his guess but not sure exactly who he thought it was.

I was with him yesterday and I had logged out of this site. He had logged back in and when I answered Yaabs I thought it was me logged in. Noticed when the post came up so I edited it. (But too late obviously).

I would never make comment on my fellow players Badds or anyone that has played at the highest level. I had my opportunity and trained at Saint Kilda and was't good enough, simple as that. I know what is required to get there and admire any person that makes that level.

As for Catta, I spoke at length to Catta in the off season to keep him at South. He was offered huge bucks to go to Balranald and I can only speak highly of him. Nakkers will tell you this and so will he. He took another huge step this year with his defensive side and turned into one of our most valuable players.

So, as I said, there are those that know who Gutsy is, and those that think they do and those that have no idea at all. I will put you and most of the others on here in the catergory of no idea at all.

The funny thing is, no-body will ever guess who it is. But he does love a good joke and stirring the pot.

What a laugh. Terrible excuse.

Gusty said:
Did you choose to play cricket and get knocked back because you couldn't fulfill training commitments to footy, because if that is the situation it was their choice not yours.

You can only knock back a real offer not a potential one.

I laud your loyalty but do not assume a higher position by quoting possibilites over realities.

At the end of the day what you earn is really no-one's business but yours and the tax man's.

no gusty i chose to come home that is a reality..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just get back from being away and having read the last few posts, it is good to see that nothing has changed in my absence. Yaaablet from this quote I would assume that you surname is Yaaablet, perhaps you could sue Rex Hunt every time he says your name, and three in a row sounds a bit like 3 bears, which native american tribe would he be from, I think that every one on here has a nickname that they choose. Taking that in to consideration it would seem that every one on this thread is anonymous. That is probably the reason that there are so many Newbies, they change their name once they are discovered. Are you going to take me up on the hard ball gets or are you going to concede that your coach is softer than the South Coach. and by the way for all those that think I am Spivey......WRONG

Yaaablett said:
You can offend all you like if it's based on fact. Tough words from an anonomous poster.

I suppose I could ask someone who is going to the game to take stats on Ocallaghan but I think most people like watching the action around the ball

Sun Tzu said:
I suppose I could ask someone who is going to the game to take stats on Ocallaghan but I think most people like watching the action around the ball
geez some blokes like hanging on players clearly better than themselves...... Sun I'm sure you never have played at the level of o'cal, alvey, or connick for that matter.....Do you feel good in yourself that you have hacked around this league for a while and you can now take pot shots at blokes that have achieved that little bit more than you.... tall poppy syndrome is rife on this site......And YAABLETT a job in the police force awaits you, fan b l o o d y tastic police work my man, your a wasted commodity at your shop, many crimes would be solved with you on the case.....as for his reason.....pathetic GUTSY

Well Well mullethead, perhaps I did perhaps I didnt you will never know my son, hit a nerve did we, and who stated that I hacked around this league as you so quaintly put it, certainly not me. And what was the fantastic police work achieved by Yaaablet, and quite obviously you have a problem spelling I believe it is GUSTY not GUTSY

mullethead said:
geez some blokes like hanging on players clearly better than themselves...... Sun I'm sure you never have played at the level of o'cal, alvey, or connick for that matter.....Do you feel good in yourself that you have hacked around this league for a while and you can now take pot shots at blokes that have achieved that little bit more than you.... tall poppy syndrome is rife on this site......And YAABLETT a job in the police force awaits you, fan b l o o d y tastic police work my man, your a wasted commodity at your shop, many crimes would be solved with you on the case.....as for his reason.....pathetic GUTSY

Sun Tzu said:
Well Well mullethead, perhaps I did perhaps I didnt you will never know my son, hit a nerve did we, and who stated that I hacked around this league as you so quaintly put it, certainly not me. And what was the fantastic police work achieved by Yaaablet, and quite obviously you have a problem spelling I believe it is GUSTY not GUTSY
wake up and smell the roses sun, its gutsy I was referring too......read the posts and then get back to me champ!!!!!!!!

Will Robinvales loss bring them back to the field.
A loss to Irymple will put them on equal points with the other contenders.
South's loss .. does it really spell the end of their season?
Red Cliffs gave the Irymple faithful a scare. But the swallows apparently changed gear and left the tigers behind. But a good effort by the tigers (for a half)
Irymple really need to put four quarters together.
Delray how did the Ball go. Big turn up I hear.
Nothing breeds success like success.

It appears that the current inter league formula will only take place every two years. With a local derby in the off year. Would the SFL's derby be against the North central league as suggested. I think the Central Murray would be more fitting.

Must have been a good night for all last night. I presume you are all still in bed.

Good to here, gaz arentz returning to some form. hope all goes well mate,
and dont worry to much, your secret and hence forth your reputation is safe with with me... good old footy02

3inarow said:
Just had a conversation with a couple of Mildura Footballers down at the tuck shop. They are very keen to settle a few scores with spivey, Ibis and gutsy tomorrow.
Seemed they didn't like the treatment last year on one of their players who ended up in hospital and the bagging of their coaches.
This could make an interesting game to watch, if Spivey wins the battle then South will win the game.
So Spivey, are you going to win tomorrow to gain 3rd spot or let the Mildura boys push you around?;)

And who would that be. Not one Mildura player had a go at me all day. Alderton spoke to me like I was an old mate asking about my tattoos and what it said (and was the first player to come and shake my hand at the end of the game) C. O'Callaghan ran around calling me Gutsy all day and then almost orgasmed when the final siren went screaming out at the top of his voice, "Shove that up ya Gutsy". I think he has a problem. Its called being a **** head. Funny he never came within 5 metres of me throughout the day thought. As I said to him. Perhaps he needs to find out who Gutsy actually is, it may have more effect calling the right person by that name. I was reported for allegedly striking one of their younger players yet not a single player came over and remonstrated with me. Perhaps thats cause I should never have been reported but I guess the tribunal will decide that tonight. So whatever scores they were going to settle, there wasn't one player in that side thats prepared to a do a thing. Deckert and Shelfourt would be the only ones.

Ibis100 said:
And who would that be. Not one Mildura player had a go at me all day. Alderton spoke to me like I was an old mate asking about my tattoos and what it said (and was the first player to come and shake my hand at the end of the game) C. O'Callaghan ran around calling me Gutsy all day and then almost orgasmed when the final siren went screaming out at the top of his voice, "Shove that up ya Gutsy". I think he has a problem. Its called being a **** head. Funny he never came within 5 metres of me throughout the day thought. As I said to him. Perhaps he needs to find out who Gutsy actually is, it may have more effect calling the right person by that name. I was reported for allegedly striking one of their younger players yet not a single player came over and remonstrated with me. Perhaps thats cause I should never have been reported but I guess the tribunal will decide that tonight. So whatever scores they were going to settle, there wasn't one player in that side thats prepared to a do a thing. Deckert and Shelfourt would be the only ones.

He must have bumped into a door then to cause his black eye.

Ibis100 said:

Stood right beside you at every ball up when I was on the ball, and called you that in the last 5 mins, and if its not you what are you getting so upset about:D

Yaaablett said:
He must have bumped into a door then to cause his black eye.

I never said I didn't make contact with him Yabbs. I said i shouldn't have been reported. And I am sure if any of your players thought I had struck him deliberately then (and this is according to their own words), they would have settled old scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back