Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaaablett said:
Nick played in the Amateurs in Adelaide and moved here a month ago with his partner. He has been in our best in all of his 3 games and did well against Simmsy as well as Haase.

Its been a while Yaabeleett : ) but i could not let that 1 slip. U say your star recruit came over? my mail is he was brought over some Mild $big$ men$ pulled some strings. Seems as though he is worth it.

Delray said:
Its been a while Yaabeleett : ) but i could not let that 1 slip. U say your star recruit came over? my mail is he was brought over some Mild $big$ men$ pulled some strings. Seems as though he is worth it.

Nice try Danny. No he followed his partner over and actually spoke to Imps and South but as he is a friend of Jarrod Aldertons he gave us the nod. Costs nothing but incentives which he is cleaning up on.

Could we be seing the importance of winning the early games ie Mildura. R/vale's slow start may just cost them who do they play in the last 3???

Seems as though Mildura are right back on track. My question is how the f..... did they loose to merbein. Footy is a funny game i guess

Yaaablett said:
Nice try Danny. No he followed his partner over and actually spoke to Imps and South but as he is a friend of Jarrod Aldertons he gave us the nod. Costs nothing but incentives which he is cleaning up on.

Ill take ur word then yabbleet! but i thought i had it on good authority.:)

The Gala Ball was massive 385 in attendence and im tipping a few saw heads the next morning.

only a month of footy to go can any see the final four changing???

Santoz said:
I know where he got his facial injury from because I spoke to him about it at half time buddy.

Funny you should say that about players putting their body on the line knowing that injury is inevitable ...

Fact of life, if you put yourself in because youwish to be accountable in your style of play you will be injured. People who play with courage know that and wear it as a consequence of the game ..... ask any rugby union player.

As i mentioned earlier Robinvale would be on equal points to the rest of the contenders if beaten by Irymple. If imps could knock of Mildura and South get over Red Cliffs all the contenders will be 34 except Wenty who with a big win over Merbein will likely go into second spot on 36 points.
The following weeks are very interesting i think a change to the four is likely and a change of positions very likely. Positions in the four are likely to change even after the last round.

The top four will stay as is now with South & Imperials missing out, isn't it a shame to see the green & whites struggling this season, just proves how much Petrie was carrying that side & how lucky some very ordinary players where to play in a premiership side, goodluck to them being in right place at right time... Robinvale will always struggle against sides with a tall forward line thats why they wont win a finals game.. Irymple certainties to play in the last day of September with Mildura & Wentworth the other challenger, slighty leaning towards to Mildura & expect big finals series from Hosking & Deckert..

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!
Spivey pleads guilty and still only recieves a 1 week suspension.
Question: What is the purpose of the 1 week option if a player can go to the tribunal and still only recieve 1 week?
If anyone can shed some light on why the rule was brought in please let me know.

Skeeterman said:
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!
Question: What is the purpose of the 1 week option if a player can go to the tribunal and still only recieve 1 week?
If anyone can shed some light on why the rule was brought in please let me know.

If that is the case the only reason to plead guilty in the circumstances explained in this forum, is probably reliance on circumstances of the case not warranting suspension. Throw youself on the mercy of the "court" and hope for a reprimand. If he got one week then the incident obviously did not warrant a heavier penalty than the option declined.

It worked for me me a few years back....reprimand only.

Gusty said:
If that is the case the only reason to plead guilty in the circumstances explained in this forum, is probably reliance on circumstances of the case not warranting suspension. Throw youself on the mercy of the "court" and hope for a reprimand. If he got one week then the incident obviously did not warrant a heavier penalty than the option declined.

It worked for me me a few years back....reprimand only.

If the Umpire thinks the reportable offence is worth more than the 1 week set penalty, he will not give it as an option, the report will be directed straight to the tribunal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nifty78 said:
If the Umpire thinks the reportable offence is worth more than the 1 week set penalty, he will not give it as an option, the report will be directed straight to the tribunal.

Thanks. What I'm saying though is if a player doesn't take that option and is found guilty they should then have 1 extra game as a loading.
Not sure why we would give the umpires that power anyway, who are they to say what warrants a 1 game penalty and what doesn't.

Dunno where you got your info from but it is wrong, the plea was not guilty, and due to conflicting evidence given by the umpires to the tribuneral they were hesitant to increase the penalty

Skeeterman said:
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!

I'll have to confirm with my source on the plea. I hope I haven't been wrongly informed, are you sure Nakkers?
Anyway from all reports he deserved to go and considering he didn't do any damage, one week for striking is fair enough in my book.

Ibis100 said:
And who would that be. Not one Mildura player had a go at me all day. Alderton spoke to me like I was an old mate asking about my tattoos and what it said (and was the first player to come and shake my hand at the end of the game) C. O'Callaghan ran around calling me Gutsy all day and then almost orgasmed when the final siren went screaming out at the top of his voice, "Shove that up ya Gutsy". I think he has a problem. Its called being a **** head. Funny he never came within 5 metres of me throughout the day thought. As I said to him. Perhaps he needs to find out who Gutsy actually is, it may have more effect calling the right person by that name. I was reported for allegedly striking one of their younger players yet not a single player came over and remonstrated with me. Perhaps thats cause I should never have been reported but I guess the tribunal will decide that tonight. So whatever scores they were going to settle, there wasn't one player in that side thats prepared to a do a thing. Deckert and Shelfourt would be the only ones.
I would have thought there was 21 players that managed to do a fair bit. Not much point wasting time on you when they have 17.2 to kick!!!!!!

Yes I am sure, had one umpire from behind the incident and one probably about80 metres and the one controlling the play at that time didnt see the necessity from the incident to report, Go figure

Skeeterman said:
I'll have to confirm with my source on the plea. I hope I haven't been wrongly informed, are you sure Nakkers?
Anyway from all reports he deserved to go and considering he didn't do any damage, one week for striking is fair enough in my book.

And the one controlling the play was about 20 metres from the incident with a clear view

Nakriel said:
Yes I am sure, had one umpire from behind the incident and one probably about80 metres and the one controlling the play at that time didnt see the necessity from the incident to report, Go figure

Both umpires stated that the player went to the ground from the force of the contact,,,,,,,,however the player stated that he did not go down,took his kick and continued playing,
sort of begs the question doesnt it????

Nakriel said:
Both umpires stated that the player went to the ground from the force of the contact,,,,,,,,however the player stated that he did not go down,took his kick and continued playing,
sort of begs the question doesnt it????

If you can figure the umpires out you are a genius.
We give them a hard time but gee they bring alot on themselves don't they.

That they do mate, that they do. still if you havent got them you havent got a game

Skeeterman said:
If you can figure the umpires out you are a genius.
We give them a hard time but gee they bring alot on themselves don't they.

It really didn't matter that the evidence given by the umpires conflicted with the facts and would indicate that they did not tell it as it was.

In an attempt to "appear fair" and not contradict the umpires and still impose a penalty for an offence which was unclear the tribunal took the easy way out and made a decision that Mildura F.C. could smile about.

Here are my thougths for the team of the year so far -

B Harley McDonald R O'Callaghan
HB DeAngelis A Rigby Stafford
C A Ridley Gathercole Cummings
HF R Hards Simms Eaton+
F Zappia# Cardew Eagle

R Deckett> Jackson+ Falvo#

B Lee Spivey Haase Fox>

Em Romeo D Hickey

Coach S Keam
Ass Coach Badds (got to get him away from his girlfriend first)

Any one like to add to this or think someone isn't worthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back