Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the league have suspended Harley and Deagilis for a week but Robinvale play Merbein so that won't really bother them too much. The big news would be the suspension of Denato Deangilis for failing to make himself available. With a big game against South Mildura and with the impending (and Hopeful) return of Fox, it could have a big impact on the Swallows.[/quote]

Congrates on the SFL win Ibis. No doubt u played a big part in all 3 victories if your form was as good as it was in last years CUP.

But unluckily for your mob i think u will have to face Irymple at full strength. The SFL have been informed the Deangelis has made himself available for this weeks clash. They will sit before Saturday to judge the validity of his reasons. NO DECISION HAS BEEN MADE YET!!

In my opinon The fact that he missed the R/Vale Game and the other issues that the big fella has had to deal with makes his reason Valid. I can not see the SFL rubbing him out.

So this weeks clash at Irymple is gunna be a cracker.

Ibis u could be 1 more week closer to washing windows or u could be 1 more week closer to getting your boots hand washed after ever game :)

Whats it Gunna Be!!!

Delray said:
I believe the league have suspended Harley and Deagilis for a week but Robinvale play Merbein so that won't really bother them too much. The big news would be the suspension of Denato Deangilis for failing to make himself available. With a big game against South Mildura and with the impending (and Hopeful) return of Fox, it could have a big impact on the Swallows.

Congrates on the SFL win Ibis. No doubt u played a big part in all 3 victories if your form was as good as it was in last years CUP.

But unluckily for your mob i think u will have to face Irymple at full strength. The SFL have been informed the Deangelis has made himself available for this weeks clash. They will sit before Saturday to judge the validity of his reasons. NO DECISION HAS BEEN MADE YET!!

In my opinon The fact that he missed the R/Vale Game and the other issues that the big fella has had to deal with makes his reason Valid. I can not see the SFL rubbing him out.

So this weeks clash at Irymple is gunna be a cracker.

Ibis u could be 1 more week closer to washing windows or u could be 1 more week closer to getting your boots hand washed after ever game :)

Whats it Gunna Be!!![/quote]

Was a great weekend Delray and something I think that all 28 players will appreciate more when they are old and decrepid and can look back at the achievment. Bit dissapointed in the paper that they didn't make mention that it was the first time in 20 Years that Sunraysia has won the carnival in any division.

I have it on good authority though that the big fella won't be allowed to play. I understand what you are saying but there are many people that make personal mistakes outside of football. Its not like he had family crisis or injury that prevented him from playing. I have personal problems too but I couldn't use them as an excuse not to play. It was his decision to miss Robinvale so that should not be taken into consideration. I like the D-Train as much as anyone and I think he should have played sunraysia. Playing Sunraysia would have been the better way to go cause he would have been away from the area and the 28 blokes he would have played with would have respected for the player he is.

I wouldn't mind if the D-Train played at all this weekend, the better it would be for the South boys if we win with him in the side, I just think the League need to show that they are serious about the rules they impose. If Harley misses out, show should Denato.

After the mud i got on my boots on the weekend, I'll definatley do my best to get the boys up and running. My misses won't like me putting the boots through the wash.

Yaaablett said:
Mark "Clairvoyant" Alvey. Or was he in the know?

nah wasnt in the know yabs just got a little lucky with that call.. good 2 see him go welln to.....
well done to all the sunraysia boys, was a great weekend, really good footy played by all and a good bunch of blokes, hick is a freak coach thats for sure.............. gathers was special mvp.. from a.rigby

Watched the Hawks game live on saturday and Ben looked very comfortable at the level. 15 touches, a few marks and a very good goal. He actually got the 1st possession of the day and never looked back. He only spent about 5 minutes on the bench. Congrats to the SFL boys. I hear that the assistant coach deserves all the credit. Hick was only the front man.

Yaaablett said:
Watched the Hawks game live on saturday and Ben looked very comfortable at the level. 15 touches, a few marks and a very good goal. He actually got the 1st possession of the day and never looked back. He only spent about 5 minutes on the bench. Congrats to the SFL boys. I hear that the assistant coach deserves all the credit. Hick was only the front man.

no credit 2 the assistant coach yabs....
boys had a big nite last nite be a few sore heads 2day including mine...
is going to be interesting what the league does with the d-train this week...

Yaaablett said:

so yabs will you be playing this week??? anstey did his hammy yday in last 5mins.... should be a good game this week wenty vs mildy..

badds said:
no credit 2 the assistant coach yabs....
boys had a big nite last nite be a few sore heads 2day including mine...
is going to be interesting what the league does with the d-train this week...

A few sore heads eh! How was the nights festivities? Who was best on ground in the final 1/4? Mr Dobalina sends his apologies as it looks like he's missed out on a good night.

Mr Robert Dobalina said:
A few sore heads eh! How was the nights festivities? Who was best on ground in the final 1/4? Mr Dobalina sends his apologies as it looks like he's missed out on a good night.

very funny arvo evening with plenty of laughs perhaps my vote goes to gathers stayed at the grand i hear......

badds said:
very funny arvo evening with plenty of laughs perhaps my vote goes to gathers stayed at the grand i hear......

I here gathers and Stefano have become friendly of late!!!! Anyone see which room he walked out of this morning?:confused:

hey guys can anyone tell me the past history of a cole hedwards,was he a good player and what about a bloke,**** or alright,alot of rumors floating around down here in the cmfl about him, dont know the bloke personally but only ever hear bad reports even from his own teamates.carnt be good.

Fella's there have got to be some bigger issues than SFL football. I dont think the SFL can make a point out of D because the situation he has been invovled in will never happen to any 1 else i hope!!

I think he had just reasons to Miss a Fortnight of football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delray said:
Fella's there have got to be some bigger issues than SFL football. I dont think the SFL can make a point out of D because the situation he has been invovled in will never happen to any 1 else i hope!!

I think he had just reasons to Miss a Fortnight of football.

On the Sunraysia Football League thread? Gee Delray, I dunno ...

You might wanna proof read your posts in future buddy. I hate having to piece together your posts every freakin time you write your garbage! :D

Santoz said:
On the Sunraysia Football League thread? Gee Delray, I dunno ...

You might wanna proof read your posts in future buddy. I hate having to piece together your posts every freakin time you write your garbage! :D

Santoz, what Delray meant was that there are bigger issues in life than SFL football. Meaning that some personal things take precedence over football. Heaven help our kids when they go to school!

I know I'm new to this thread but this is all a bit precious isn't it? Does somebody need a hug? The reality is, rules are made for a reason and nobody should get preferential treatment........

Yaaablett said:
Santoz, what Delray meant was that there are bigger issues in life than SFL football. Meaning that some personal things take precedence over football. Heaven help our kids when they go to school!
yaaablett you are right on the money about Santoz he can forget about that job at NASSA.

The Fooler said:
I know I'm new to this thread but this is all a bit precious isn't it? Does somebody need a hug? The reality is, rules are made for a reason and nobody should get preferential treatment........

Another NEW bigfooty member that has very similar thoughts to our friends Ibis, Gutsy and Nakriel?

The Fooler said:

Well Fooler, on that logic then Donny should be suspended as well. This will all test the SFL board and whether they will back up their threats. Does this mean also that any players who pulled out through injury cannot play this week- B Rigby, C Deckert etc?

(a) I'm not affiliated in any way with Sth Mildura, Ibis, etc etc. I only call it as I see it;

(b) I'm of the understanding those boys actually got their injuries PLAYING football, not for off-field misdemeanours:eek:

Yaaablett said:
Well Fooler, on that logic then Donny should be suspended as well. This will all test the SFL board and whether they will back up their threats. Does this mean also that any players who pulled out through injury cannot play this week- B Rigby, C Deckert etc?

Yaaabbs i can't agree with you here mate.

Donny couldn't attend cause he was in Adelaide with his daughter who was having a feeding tube removed. I am pretty sure we all understand this one.

Harley had been concussed 2 weeks before interleague and played the week before. He then pulled out claiming he needed the weekend off due to his concussion. Having already played the week immediately after his concussion, this can easily be seen as an excuse. A suspension is a must for this one, and I am of the understanding that is what will happen.

Rigby and Deckert were both injured and unable to play, even if selected they couldn't have taken part in any of the games. No suspension for these two for obvious reasons.

Deangilis is a totally different story. All he was suffering from was embarrasment for what he did. He could have played if selected and should have played because he is the best CHB in the League. He should be suspended for not making himself available. Dean Brogen still played after being publicly humiliated for a mistake he made. Same story to me.

Ibis100 said:

Donny couldn't attend cause he was in Adelaide with his daughter who was having a feeding tube removed. I am pretty sure we all understand this one.

Harley had been concussed 2 weeks before interleague and played the week before. He then pulled out claiming he needed the weekend off due to his concussion. Having already played the week immediately after his concussion, this can easily be seen as an excuse. A suspension is a must for this one, and I am of the understanding that is what will happen.

Rigby and Deckert were both injured and unable to play, even if selected they couldn't have taken part in any of the games. No suspension for these two for obvious reasons.

Deangilis is a totally different story. All he was suffering from was embarrasment for what he did. He could have played if selected and should have played because he is the best CHB in the League. He should be suspended for not making himself available. Dean Brogen still played after being publicly humiliated for a mistake he made. Same story to me.

Dean Brogan gets paid a bit more than D Train i would say and its his job!

The Fooler said:
I think the SFL will look at cases of representative footy un-availability as individual cases.
I think the two blokes up for questioning, Harley and D have both got pretty valid cases, from what i've heard. It would be unfair to let the two players be unspoken on their personal issues and reasons for not fronting to interleague training.
I think if anyone of them were to miss out this weekend it would be Harley, I cant think of anyway he would get out with just a warning. One would think that Robinvale could pull off an easy win against Merb without him anyway.
D has already missed the game against Robinvale.

TigerJR said:
I think the SFL will look at cases of representative footy un-availability as individual cases.
I think the two blokes up for questioning, Harley and D have both got pretty valid cases, from what i've heard. It would be unfair to let the two players be unspoken on their personal issues and reasons for not fronting to interleague training.
I think if anyone of them were to miss out this weekend it would be Harley, I cant think of anyway he would get out with just a warning. One would think that Robinvale could pull off an easy win against Merb without him anyway.
D has already missed the game against Robinvale.

That was his choice.

Ibis100 said:

Which Sunraysia club does Dean Brogan play for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back