Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Yaablett
Whats the go with Tim Anderson, is he going to get back into your team or what? I think its pretty ordinary the way the club has treated someone who was not only captain last year and got shafted but then gets dropped and no one has the guts to speak to him before he gets dropped. Surely the coaches and those in heirachy should have spoken to him previosuly to say your struggling and these are ways you may be able to improve?
Tim is one of the most loyal players to that club and seems to have been an easy scapegoat.
He may not have been playing that well but surely he is in your best 22, and has given his heart and soul to the club in the lean days yet the club treats him like s***t.
Pretty ordinary me think. what are your thoughts?

Lazy Dave.. seems to be following a common trend, loyalty has always been an issue for the wrong reasons at the dees. ive heard of players notching up milestone games without a whisper being made about it.
surely the player being mentioned has a rapport with the coaching staff, and is entitled to know when his time is coming. although, now that the team revolves around the coach following his selfish playing style built on statistics and handball receives, it doesnt surprise me that this has happened.

jexjex said:
Lazy Dave.. seems to be following a common trend, loyalty has always been an issue for the wrong reasons at the dees. ive heard of players notching up milestone games without a whisper being made about it.
surely the player being mentioned has a rapport with the coaching staff, and is entitled to know when his time is coming. although, now that the team revolves around the coach following his selfish playing style built on statistics and handball receives, it doesnt surprise me that this has happened.

Jex, this year we celebrated "Cabbage" Kerr's 200th game and had a function in his honour in the Ray Hepworth Centre. I don't know of any other players notching milestones this year, so you may be correct. Give us 1 example please, of a milestone gone unnoticed.

LazyDave, I agree that Ando has been pretty stiff getting dropped to the 2's. He might be back this week in the 1's. I think ...

Lazy Dave said:
Hey Yaablett
Whats the go with Tim Anderson, is he going to get back into your team or what? I think its pretty ordinary the way the club has treated someone who was not only captain last year and got shafted but then gets dropped and no one has the guts to speak to him before he gets dropped. Surely the coaches and those in heirachy should have spoken to him previosuly to say your struggling and these are ways you may be able to improve?
Tim is one of the most loyal players to that club and seems to have been an easy scapegoat.
He may not have been playing that well but surely he is in your best 22, and has given his heart and soul to the club in the lean days yet the club treats him like s***t.
Pretty ordinary me think. what are your thoughts?

How would you know if anyone spoke to him or not? You an Imps man Dave? Not trying to deflect attention are we?

I dont think there is any such thing as loyalty to a club anymore, have a lokk at most senior clubs, most of the locals have switched clubs, money perhaps?? Loyalty to the dollar

jexjex said:

jexjex said:

Name some players who's milestones have not been recognised or dont write anything. Stick to the Mavs goose.

i only know of one and without being too specific.. it was a one club player, coming up through the junior ranks and playing one hundred games.

it seems a transient club, and i admit most clubs are in this position unfortunately. its healthy for clubs to seek help outside the box, but it seems only a couple of clubs are able to:
a: attract players and keep them
b: have a consistent group of juniors coming thru
eg Imperials and Robinvale

jexjex said:
i only know of one and without being too specific.. it was a one club player, coming up through the junior ranks and playing one hundred games.

it seems a transient club, and i admit most clubs are in this position unfortunately. its healthy for clubs to seek help outside the box, but it seems only a couple of clubs are able to:

I reckon Imps have been the best at attracting and keeping players. Robinvale????

So now its 1 player who's 100th game wasn't recognised. Every country club in Australia would have missed at least 1 milestone. If you dont like a footy club thats fine but dont make up garbage. Most footy clubs are the same.

jexjex said:

Yeah like Donny Falvo flogs himself around the nieghboring clubs every year .Gets his price up then goes back to the eagles and his comfort zone.

The_KNIFE said:
Yeah like Donny Falvo flogs himself around the nieghboring clubs every year .Gets his price up then goes back to the eagles and his comfort zone.
You have to be joking......gets in his comfort zone, if he hasnt been worth every cent that he gets paid I will go he.... Do you think he hasn't been offered twice what he is on to play at Balranald.... I just love blokes on here who bag out the better footballers that have played in this area.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you will find South have done a damn good job of attracting and retaining players as well as have a consistant stream of juniors coming through.

Just to prove it to you jex jex

Seniors that have been Juniors at South
Spivey
Gathercole
Herberte
McDonald
Dalla Santa
T Johns
S Johns
N Johns
N Raiti
Lando
Thomas
Brougham
Polkinghorn
Casey
Tarrant
Riordon

Players brought into the club and either stayed or returned

Hasse
Fox Left and came back
Cook Left and came back
Fitzgerald Left and came back

That covers all senior players except those that arrived this year in
O'shannessy
Hamdorf
Robinson

With regard to our steady stream of good Juniors, We have won the U18 and U15 Grand finals last year and sit on top of the U18 Ladders currently. We have had between 4-8 players 18 yrs or under play in every game this year with up to 6 of them eligible to play U18 still this year.

I think South have done a good job seeing where they were 5 years ago.

Imps and Robinvale are very good at it though. Robinvale are probably forced as players can't be buggered travelling to Mildura every 2nd day to travel to training. Interesting that 19 players left robinvale at the start of the year though isn't it.

The only loyal blokes at the dees are a small bunch of supporters. Rain, Hail, or Shine these blokes will be there - Training and Gameday. I speak of none other than the Boysey Gang and Fruit Fly! Keep drinking out of the water bottle boys:D

badds found this on the cmfl thread "just reading the coaches 07 forum and looks like tooleytang are going to get rid of another successful coach at the end of the season? with Mark "TAB" Alvey sniffing around the bucs cash!!!!"
this was posted on the coaches changes for 2007 "Yes he was at the game on Saturday watching a few of his old Wentworth mates run around Jarrod and Drew Arentz. He came with Arentz boys brother Gareth, how does that mean he is coaching Tooleybuc Manang?? He told me himself he is likely to coach over Albury way, would be a good pick up for any club."
know you have strongly told us for the last couple of weeks you staying put but it seems that some people down there still feel your leaving

Yaaablett said:
Well, name a club that has not missed any sort of player milestone then.

Tempy Goya Patchewollock Tigers before they folded. also, Yarrawonga Pigeons, Tocumwal Bloods, Wandin Bulldogs, Gol Gol Hawks, Manunda Hawks, Sun Coast Lions to name a few

GAblett said:
badds found this on the cmfl thread "just reading the coaches 07 forum and looks like tooleytang are going to get rid of another successful coach at the end of the season? with Mark "TAB" Alvey sniffing around the bucs cash!!!!"
this was posted on the coaches changes for 2007 "Yes he was at the game on Saturday watching a few of his old Wentworth mates run around Jarrod and Drew Arentz. He came with Arentz boys brother Gareth, how does that mean he is coaching Tooleybuc Manang?? He told me himself he is likely to coach over Albury way, would be a good pick up for any club."
know you have strongly told us for the last couple of weeks you staying put but it seems that some people down there still feel your leaving

I think the most interesting line in that whole thing GAblett (and I read that thread yesterday to) is the highlighted one. Or perhaps Pat Simcox said it?????? (Bit of a lighthearted joke Badds, don't take it seriously mate.)

Ibis100 said:
I think the most interesting line in that whole thing GAblett (and I read that thread yesterday to) is the highlighted one. Or perhaps Pat Simcox said it?????? (Bit of a lighthearted joke Badds, don't take it seriously mate.)

it makes for very interesting reading which ever way and who ever said it.
are you looking forward to your hall of fame in a couple of weeks?

Yaaablett said:
How would you know if anyone spoke to him or not? You an Imps man Dave? Not trying to deflect attention are we?

Yaablett, got it straight from the source himself. You and I know that he is pretty gutted and embarissed, I just think the club and coaching staff owe him a bit of respect for the support he has given to the club. He is one of the most liked players at the club, yet because he is an easy target this is how they treated him, very ordinary me think....:thumbsdown:

Nakriel said:
I dont think there is any such thing as loyalty to a club anymore, have a lokk at most senior clubs, most of the locals have switched clubs, money perhaps?? Loyalty to the dollar

Nakriel, i think this might be the case for a lot of players and clubs but Tim is one player who did move from another SFL club just so he could play with his mates. He has never been worried about the $, he's not that sort of person.

GAblett said:
it makes for very interesting reading which ever way and who ever said it.
are you looking forward to your hall of fame in a couple of weeks?

Should be a corker. Be interesting to see who gets inducted this year. I went to last years and it was the best social event i have been to involving any club. Very professionally run. We have Stan Alves as guest speaker this year and unfortunately I gotta get up and give one to.

Have to leave early though, travelling to Brisbane that night.

Any person wants to throw up some names as to who they think will be inducted this year.

Lazy Dave said:
Nakriel, i think this might be the case for a lot of players and clubs but Tim is one player who did move from another SFL club just so he could play with his mates. He has never been worried about the $, he's not that sort of person.

Tim is a great bloke and good footballer. If they don't want him, I will open the gate between No.1 and No.3 oval and he is more than welcome at South.

Lazy Dave said:
Yaablett, got it straight from the source himself. You and I know that he is pretty gutted and embarissed, I just think the club and coaching staff owe him a bit of respect for the support he has given to the club. He is one of the most liked players at the club, yet because he is an easy target this is how they treated him, very ordinary me think....:thumbsdown:

I actually wasnt there for the teams to be read out last night and have not spoken to Ando about the subject of him not being in the team. I am sure he is gutted as he loves playing for Mildura. I'm sure he'll fight back and get back in.

Ibis100 said:
Should be a corker. Be interesting to see who gets inducted this year. I went to last years and it was the best social event i have been to involving any club. Very professionally run. We have Stan Alves as guest speaker this year and unfortunately I gotta get up and give one to.

Have to leave early though, travelling to Brisbane that night.

Any person wants to throw up some names as to who they think will be inducted this year.

i will be heading along to see as your reliable gate keeper every week is being inducted (my grandfather) ernie

as for some others. mate have no idea. who was inducted last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back