Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skeeterman said:
Darren Aitkinson Assistant coach at Imperials

How's the cricket going Skeeter? I hear the firsts have been decimated and are looking for quality bowlers in the lower grades. Are you going to put your hand up?

We here plenty about the best mdifielders and forwards in the comp but rate the top 5 ruckman and tall defenders.

adak said:
We here plenty about the best mdifielders and forwards in the comp but rate the top 5 ruckman and tall defenders.

Well when there has been forwards such as Sonny Lindsey, Jarrod Arentz, Paul Evans and Richard Bryans running around in this league over the past ten years it's hard not to talk them up.

deano46 said:
Crossling please what a joke he is average at best, deckert,treloar,j.clay, d.hickey all better than that hack.:thumbsdown:

Agree with you there Deano,Crossling cant kick or bend over I d say top 5 ruckman would be Justin Clay,Craig Deckert,Daniel Hickey,Tom Treloar & Denny Fox when available.:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Question. What happens to the young Tarrant now that Collingwood have traded Chris? Weren't the Pies trying to hide him in school footy or something so the other clubs scouts wouldn't see him playing Pioneers? Would that have hurt his chances of playing AFL?

Uncanny said:
shaping up to be a cracker of a year next year a few recruits coming in already and its only october. Look out for the wenty roos next year though best group of young blokes in the league. great mix of youth and experience should be a good year for the boys at the Georgie G.

You must be one of those young blokes uncanny. You keep talking them up!

Santoz said:
How's the cricket going Skeeter? I hear the firsts have been decimated and are looking for quality bowlers in the lower grades. Are you going to put your hand up?
Well Santoz they would look straight past me. I'm a batsman anyway, averaging 3.3 runs an innings at the moment, absolutely slaying them. Stats don't lie.
You on for a big one this Saturday night?

Skeeterman said:
Well Santoz they would look straight past me. I'm a batsman anyway, averaging 3.3 runs an innings at the moment, absolutely slaying them. Stats don't lie.
You on for a big one this Saturday night?

I think i'm averaging less at the moment :eek: And I dunno about Saturday night. I've had a few too many Thursday night Mattman dance parties lately and I think the body needs a rest. We'll see ... :cool:

DOUGHNUTS said:
Anyone heard of any new recruits to area so far..........................

Heard Tim Allen, Longeri and M Duscher all going to darwin for the off season. Should come back ready to go by all accounts. Wasn't there always a few players from that area come back to play with some money involved of course. Does Stewie Carr still play up there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Santoz said:
Question. What happens to the young Tarrant now that Collingwood have traded Chris? Weren't the Pies trying to hide him in school footy or something so the other clubs scouts wouldn't see him playing Pioneers? Would that have hurt his chances of playing AFL?

Dont think it will hurt his chances is taller and a lot more athletic than Chris. didnt he move to Bendigo this year and played Pioneers seen his father had moved down there?????

I think he will go in the top 15 and wont end up at Collingwood someone will get him first. Will be very good for a club looking for a CHB or CHF:)

GAblett said:
Dont think it will hurt his chances is taller and a lot more athletic than Chris. didnt he move to Bendigo this year and played Pioneers seen his father had moved down there?????

I think he will go in the top 15 and wont end up at Collingwood someone will get him first. Will be very good for a club looking for a CHB or CHF:)

Is he that good?? A lot of the young blokes running around in the TAC cup even the state u/18's show don't get a look in. I think he only played a couple of game with the pioneers, a lot of injuries for someone so young. Otherwise good luck to him!!

Wells Train said:
Heard Tim Allen, Longeri and M Duscher all going to darwin for the off season. Should come back ready to go by all accounts. Wasn't there always a few players from that area come back to play with some money involved of course. Does Stewie Carr still play up there?

Stewart"Vincent" Carr is still up there, Heard that he has switched codes and is playing Rugby, might see him back in the SFL next year trying to chase a premiership with hot favourites Mildura..........:mad:

DOUGHNUTS said:
Stewart"Vincent" Carr is still up there, Heard that he has switched codes and is playing Rugby, might see him back in the SFL next year trying to chase a premiership with hot favourites Mildura..........:mad:

That sounds a bit like South Mildura last year. We all know what happens to hot favourites ...

Santoz said:
That sounds a bit like South Mildura last year. We all know what happens to hot favourites ...

Santoz with the amount of money being thrown around down mildura way you would wanna hope you win the flag next year, very cocky lot already mildura.

deano46 said:
Santoz with the amount of money being thrown around down mildura way you would wanna hope you win the flag next year, very cocky lot already mildura.

If you are going to make that statement, back it up with some names ...

Rabbito said:
GAblett said:

Is he that good?? A lot of the young blokes running around in the TAC cup even the state u/18's show don't get a look in. I think he only played a couple of game with the pioneers, a lot of injuries for someone so young. Otherwise good luck to him!!

you are correct has played with some very serious injuries that most of us wouldnt play with but goes to show the character of the kid.

played with a fractured checkbone and a bad tear in his quad two or three years ago but only time will tell if he makes it.

Just been reading a few posts i have missed and it seems that there are some bitterness between a few with who is favourites etc. Do you have something against these clubs by spreading rumours about how much they are spending or do you just think that if they sign a few, they must be spending? If you know exactly the correct info and have good contacts then all is good, let us know but unless you do have maybe be careful with your posts?

You Beauty!! said:
Just been reading a few posts i have missed and it seems that there are some bitterness between a few with who is favourites etc. Do you have something against these clubs by spreading rumours about how much they are spending or do you just think that if they sign a few, they must be spending? If you know exactly the correct info and have good contacts then all is good, let us know but unless you do have maybe be careful with your posts?

very good post! from my sources up there most clubs are going down the employment side of things as a recruiting tool. When clubs miss out on a player to other clubs the usual whinge is it must be money.

Russ74 said:
very good post! from my sources up there most clubs are going down the employment side of things as a recruiting tool. When clubs miss out on a player to other clubs the usual whinge is it must be money.

I agree in kind, although it may come down to who you are trying to recruit, some blokes look for good jobs, conditions etc, other want big cash and are happy to play the xbox or the tab to fill in time(everyone's since this before) in saying that I think footy club are awake up to those bloke these days, but they are still about.

Rabbito said:
I agree in kind, although it may come down to who you are trying to recruit, some blokes look for good jobs, conditions etc, other want big cash and are happy to play the xbox or the tab to fill in time(everyone's since this before) in saying that I think footy club are awake up to those bloke these days, but they are still about.

Goo dpoints Rabbito, but, from what I know of the SFL money has dried up a fair degree. A mate of mine there tells me that top dollar for a lot of clubs is $300-$400 and that may only go to one or two players with some more on $150-$200. This means that the money only players will come here to our league with Tooley, Balranald, kerang etc. Makes clubs who can get good jobs the ones most likely to entice good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back