AFLW SUNS AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably an ACL. Looked like it.
Oh bloody hell. I am here at the game but thought it might have been concussion.
Goddam. ACL-Jesus. She’s definitely one of our top 5 players.

Just in general. Watching this team is such an exercise in frustration, it’s death by a thousand cuts. 3/4 quarter time-it’s out of reach and you just want it over with.

AFL girls have had a poor season, but we have been particularly poor at home—which is more disappointing.

Same few players every week trying hard to make things happen, but just not enough contributors having any impact.

Lynch has been good in defence and a surprisingly good kick. And Maclaughlin has been really trying to make stuff happen. Oliver has had an almost game, but definitely seems like a good small forward there. Rowbottom has been strong at times.

Guess we’ll see what they can offer in the final quarter.
Oh bloody hell. I am here at the game but thought it might have been concussion.
Goddam. ACL-Jesus. She’s definitely one of our top 5 players.
I would be surprised if it wasn’t. Her knee tweaked, no contact to it, and she went straight down and stayed down. Which sucks.

Commentators were saying other teams are chasing her, too. Wonder if there is truth in that. Her and Rowbottom seem pretty tight and are mostly the faces of our social media content.

AFL girls have had a poor season, but we have been particularly poor at home—which is more disappointing.

Same few players every week trying hard to make things happen, but just not enough contributors having any impact.

Lynch has been good in defence and a surprisingly good kick. And Maclaughlin has been really trying to make stuff happen. Oliver has had an almost game, but definitely seems like a good small forward there. Rowbottom has been strong at times.

Guess we’ll see what they can offer in the final quarter.

I would be surprised if it wasn’t. Her knee tweaked, no contact to it, and she went straight down and stayed down. Which sucks.

Commentators were saying other teams are chasing her, too. Wonder if there is truth in that. Her and Rowbottom seem pretty tight and are mostly the faces of our social media content.
Change of direction, no contact. To me it did look like ACL.

I am bit surprised how bad we look physically. Even the commentator talked about it. We can't keep up with most teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Change of direction, no contact. To me it did look like ACL.

I am bit surprised how bad we look physically. Even the commentator talked about it. We can't keep up with most teams.
Yep, we look horribly slow across the ground apart from a few like McLaughlin and Oliver. Fullerton has pace but struggles in the contest at the moment. Neither of the younger wingers get enough of it or do enough with it when they do get it. Kievit looks like she will be ok and startes the season well, but has looked like she could use a rest for the last few weeks. Which is fair enough in your first year, played every game and the condensed fixture.
Darcy is a loss, but think we were robbing Peter to pay Paul by playing her in the middle. We really lack a good ball user in the middle other than Whitfort. Rowbotham, Single and Daisy all turn it over too much, even though they all work their guts out. They rarely seem to have space and time to hit a target.

And why does Dupuy go behind the footy at the end of each quarter? In the end of the second quarter we kept driving the ball inside f50 to an outnumber. When it came back she marked a few but there was nothing to kick to up forward. You need to score to win and unfortunately Bohanna was not giving much.
There's been some very strange coaching moves and selection throughout the whole season. Too many getting selected when their contribution is below average. I know you don't want wholesale changes every week, but there are a few who have played most games this year, with mediocre output.
North Melbourne down there could get ugly next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW SUNS AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back