Suns in the Media - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Sold out of those yellow training jerseys pretty quickly. Mark Evans has said previously that the club was reluctant to make a yellow based away/clash, because he said yellow hasn't been a high seller in his experience. Hoping this turns the tide because our blue jersey is atrocious

Yep, that's exactly what he told me and I said 'that's interesting the hawks main jumper is yellow' to which he didn't respond to. That yellow jumper would look great with red shorts I think. The red away indigenous looks better than the normal home jumper too I think.

Wow that was quick
😳
Thank you SUNS fam for the amazing response to our yellow training guernsey - due to the unprecedented demand we’ve sold out in less than 6 hours!
If you’ve missed out, we are expecting another fast track drop this Friday
👀

And.. sold out? Its now disappeared. Saw on FB, the club said its proved to be popular so they'll have to get more stock in lol
Ahhh yes. I always knew our first heritage jumper would be a hit! A throwback to our 2009 TAC Cup (first pic) and 2010 VFL (second pic) years. Well done, Suns. Now it's time to follow Brisbane's lead and permanently introduce this historic design as our away/clash jumper due to popular demand. Give the people what they want.

LfcghOg.jpg

V5RKIjB.jpg

HyjReFY.jpg

Yep, that's exactly what he told me and I said 'that's interesting the hawks main jumper is yellow' to which he didn't respond to. That yellow jumper would look great with red shorts I think. The red away indigenous looks better than the normal home jumper too I think.
This is the case for quite a lot of clubs imo.

Fox is going to get a lot of attention this week, if he’s a superstar of the comp he backs it up with another good game.

If they put all the attention on Rowell it leaves Anderson, Miller and Flanders to get to work.
It’d be a big call to tag Rowell with Anderson and Touk in there. The Raging Bull is going to win his own no matter how many guys are hanging off him. Cut off his outlets and force him to either turn it over or hold it for too long and get pinned, and not let it out to our damaging players.

'The three amigos' crucial to Suns' system - 'The three amigos' crucial to Suns' system
When I saw 'three amigos' first thing which came to my mind was it should be four amigos (Rowell, Anderson, Miller, Flanders).

Glad to hear that Hardwick appreciates role players. I thought Berry played his role really well. Pity he missed relatively easy set shot.

Interesting to hear that Luko was challenged early into pre-season and that some young players have to un-learn bad habits, haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I saw 'three amigos' first thing which came to my mind was it should be four amigos (Rowell, Anderson, Miller, Flanders).

Glad to hear that Hardwick appreciates role players. I thought Berry played his role really well. Pity he missed relatively easy set shot.
If you recall that richmond 2017 side, one thing that dimma does appreciates is role players. Sometimes they are more important than some realise.

"They don't have to sit there and kick a great deal of goals. If they put on high pressure, win and nullify contests and make us hard to play against, that's a great result

"They have to understand how important they are to our system."

Hardwick said he messaged Berry following last week's win to reiterate just how important his performance was.
"Players, like everyone, have an ego," Hardwick said
"People will look at his game and go, 'Oh, six possessions, that's not very fruitful'.
"But we look at his ability to hold role, play system and put pressure on and it was first class."

I think Dimma will appreciate Berry in a way that Dew didnt.

If you recall that richmond 2017 side, one thing that dimma does appreciates is role players. Sometimes they are more important than some realise.

I think Dimma will appreciate Berry in a way that Dew didnt.
No doubt. I feel Berry actually played against Tigers much better than in previous games. It could be confidence. But he must improve set shots. Healthy Rogers could challenge him for a spot.

I listened to Rance on BackChat (I highly recommend listening to it). He was asked what is the best trait of Dimma. It is adaptability. Learn from loss, mistakes, adjust. It was also interesting to hear that players change of attitude was behind turn around in 2017. Basically, players sacrificed personal stats for common good. Stats did not matter if player played a role.

Last edited:
Sold out of those yellow training jerseys pretty quickly. Mark Evans has said previously that the club was reluctant to make a yellow based away/clash, because he said yellow hasn't been a high seller in his experience. Hoping this turns the tide because our blue jersey is atrocious
That’s because it was in equal measure of poo brown at his previous club.

Wreck it Ralph reporting Wittsy is close to signing a 2 year deal. Or one year with an attainable games extension trigger.

Surely Moyle will have buckets of cash thrown at him to go and will be very hard to keep him as second fiddle.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wreck it Ralph reporting Wittsy is close to signing a 2 year deal. Or one year with an attainable games extension trigger.

Surely Moyle will have buckets of cash thrown at him to go and will be very hard to keep him as second fiddle.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Maybe so but at least Cameron will work hard to secure a fourth rounder for him

Maybe so but at least Cameron will work hard to secure a fourth rounder for him
Considering Moyle is out of contract and played 2 AFL games, yes, we get peanuts. My peanuts is 3rd round pick.

If you can secure 2nd round pick, you got Cameron's job. Deal?

I am actually wondering which team(s) would offer Moyle first ruck position? None (North)? At best, to fight for it? (He can do it with Witts who's not getting younger).

Give it 2 more years with Suns, Moyle, while building your tank and learning forward craft.

Last edited:
Considering Moyle is out of contract and played 2 AFL games, yes, we get peanuts. My peanuts is 3rd round pick.

If you can secure 2nd round pick, you got Cameron's job. Deal?

I am actually wondering which team(s) would offer Moyle first ruck position? None (North)? At best, to fight for it? (He can do it with Witts who's not getting younger).

Give it 2 more years with Suns, Moyle, while building your tank and learning forward craft.
Thats the thing with Moyle atm. He's a ruck only, so would need to be a 1st ruck somewhere, or learn some forward craft so he can be a 2nd option.
Maybe North, they have xerri. Not sure how much depth they have. Geelong has always struggled in finding a proper #1 ruck.
Eagles?
Cant think of too many vic clubs. Dees I dont think have any real rucks behind Gawn.

Thats the thing with Moyle atm. He's a ruck only, so would need to be a 1st ruck somewhere, or learn some forward craft so he can be a 2nd option.
Maybe North, they have xerri. Not sure how much depth they have. Geelong has always struggled in finding a proper #1 ruck.
Eagles?
Cant think of too many vic clubs. Dees I dont think have any real rucks behind Gawn.
Dee's might make sense. But it's a similar situation to he has at the Suns, sitting behind the captain, who's getting old but still good.

It may depend on what Dimma thinks of Witts and Moyle. Just because Witts wants to play on doesn't mena he has to be picked if Moyle goes past him, as unlikely as that looks at present.

Be handy if he could have 3/4 games this year to get a decent look at him.

What we can take away from this is that Rowell is actually the AFL All-Time Clearance king and I won't hear otherwise.

Suns Board Lore. It is written.

Remove this Banner Ad

Suns in the Media - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back