Suns in the Media - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Obvious our midfield really struggles against the very best.
My observations !
2022 Touk was an Elite player covering the entire ground helping both forwards and backs with his elite running
Since his knee injury he is playing ok but no where near covering the entire ground as previously.
Whether he is not quite at the same fitness or just slowed down not sure.
Anderson inconsistency is a concern ,his best is top class but his ordinary games are poor.
Two areas he needs to improve are his defensive pressure particularly when he is struggling and disposal,
too many turnovers by hand and foot. Hopefully with the right coaching and experience the difference between
his best and worst becomes less pronounced.
Can never question Matt Rowells commitment always gives his all.
Personally would like to see Matt get a lot more outside football.Dont think we can expect him to do all the bulldogging
for his entire career.,he will wear out very quickly.Im not even against him spending some time forward to give us a different dimension.
Hopefully going forward guys like Humphreys,Graham , Davies and Rogers can all improve enough to give the main
guys some respite.
Looking forward to a massive game this week.

Also worth floating the quality of opposition home v away is pretty stark as well and may impact the numbers a bit. Syd, GWS, Brisbane, WB and Carl, are all very capable on their day vs WC, North, Rich, Haw, Ade and Geelong where a large bunch of them are bottom 6 teams.

No doubt we are worse away from home, but the difference is probably not as pronounced as it looks.

If we win all home games and be lucky enough to pick up a couple of away wins like lions did a few years ago I’d be happy with that

Obvious our midfield really struggles against the very best.
My observations !
2022 Touk was an Elite player covering the entire ground helping both forwards and backs with his elite running
Since his knee injury he is playing ok but no where near covering the entire ground as previously.
Whether he is not quite at the same fitness or just slowed down not sure.
Anderson inconsistency is a concern ,his best is top class but his ordinary games are poor.
Two areas he needs to improve are his defensive pressure particularly when he is struggling and disposal,
too many turnovers by hand and foot. Hopefully with the right coaching and experience the difference between
his best and worst becomes less pronounced.
Can never question Matt Rowells commitment always gives his all.
Personally would like to see Matt get a lot more outside football.Dont think we can expect him to do all the bulldogging
for his entire career.,he will wear out very quickly.Im not even against him spending some time forward to give us a different dimension.
Hopefully going forward guys like Humphreys,Graham , Davies and Rogers can all improve enough to give the main
guys some respite.
Looking forward to a massive game this week.
We also have another potentially elite midfielder but at the moment he is doing a fine job at half back. Wouldn't mind once Powell returns is to play Powell in the Flanders role and unleash him in to the middle. Even if it wasn't 100% midfield I think we need to have him in there for good chunks of games. He finds the footy like no other and I think it could add another dimension to the midfield aswell as seeing what Anderson could do a bit more forward or wing, we have seen miller do well at half forward I can't see why he couldn't do well at half back either. Dimma has been happy to throw the magnets around a bit so far, I wonder if we change things up a bit against the bombers.

We also have another potentially elite midfielder but at the moment he is doing a fine job at half back. Wouldn't mind once Powell returns is to play Powell in the Flanders role and unleash him in to the middle. Even if it wasn't 100% midfield I think we need to have him in there for good chunks of games. He finds the footy like no other and I think it could add another dimension to the midfield aswell as seeing what Anderson could do a bit more forward or wing, we have seen miller do well at half forward I can't see why he couldn't do well at half back either. Dimma has been happy to throw the magnets around a bit so far, I wonder if we change things up a bit against the bombers.
I'm still confuses as to why Will Graham was dropped - he was doing a massive assistance role with Rowell - tackles and in and under stuff. No coincidence that Rowell's impact has dropped without that role of Will's. Hope get another go against Essendon.

I would definitely like to see Noah moved forward more when things aren’t going his way in the middle. Currently he is basically absent in these games/when he is getting tagged, and he is obviously a goal scoring threat, so it would be good to see that string added to his game like the best mids can.

Allows us to give Humphrey/Davies/Graham more rotation in there to see if something else can work if we are getting smashed anyway instead of just going Anderson/Miller/Rowell all game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Herald Sun did a 2024 QLD/NT State of Origin team today and only three of our players made it - Walter, Sexton and Budarick. A few of our other players got named in other state teams like Touk and Rowell for Victoria, Lukosius for South Australia and Witts for New South Wales. Hopefully more names from our team end up in the state teams in the future, especially the Queensland team.

1717583464565-jpeg.2011490

The Herald Sun did a 2024 QLD/NT State of Origin team today and only three of our players made it - Walter, Sexton and Budarick. A few of our other players got named in other state teams like Touk and Rowell for Victoria, Lukosius for South Australia and Witts for New South Wales. Hopefully more names from our team end up in the state teams in the future, especially the Queensland team.

1717583464565-jpeg.2011490

This team getting flogged

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back