Suns in the Media - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

SACKED podcast 2024: David Noble recounts son John’s devastation at missing out on Collingwood’s 2023 premiership​

“I’m a realist. I am probably as firm on him as any mentor he has got,” Noble said.

“If you don’t deserve to be in (the Collingwood side) I am happy to tell you. But he rang and I don’t reckon he could talk for about 30 seconds. That’s how long it took to talk. I thought he had mis-dialled me.

“He was absolutely devastated. Completely and utterly devastated. So as a parent, it’s not a death or anything unfortunate, but our family is extremely proud of how he’s held himself and what he’s done.

“(The 2023) Grand Final was a crappy, crappy day, that one. For me it was a really sad day.

“In the end I was going for Brisbane, Unfortunately I felt he got the raw end of the stick through it all.

“And it was a really sad day for a guy that had done absolutely everything within his power, from a mid season pick to play a certain number of games in a row, and just he’s totally committed, to not get that spot I thought was extremely disappointing. But unfortunately, decisions are made and you move on.

“(John) was there to support the guys, whatever needed to be done. He is a team player first and he had to go away and reflect on that and try to make himself better. So much credit to him and he’s played some ripping footy this year.”

SACKED podcast 2024: David Noble recounts son John’s devastation at missing out on Collingwood’s 2023 premiership​

“I’m a realist. I am probably as firm on him as any mentor he has got,” Noble said.

“If you don’t deserve to be in (the Collingwood side) I am happy to tell you. But he rang and I don’t reckon he could talk for about 30 seconds. That’s how long it took to talk. I thought he had mis-dialled me.

“He was absolutely devastated. Completely and utterly devastated. So as a parent, it’s not a death or anything unfortunate, but our family is extremely proud of how he’s held himself and what he’s done.

“(The 2023) Grand Final was a crappy, crappy day, that one. For me it was a really sad day.

“In the end I was going for Brisbane, Unfortunately I felt he got the raw end of the stick through it all.

“And it was a really sad day for a guy that had done absolutely everything within his power, from a mid season pick to play a certain number of games in a row, and just he’s totally committed, to not get that spot I thought was extremely disappointing. But unfortunately, decisions are made and you move on.

“(John) was there to support the guys, whatever needed to be done. He is a team player first and he had to go away and reflect on that and try to make himself better. So much credit to him and he’s played some ripping footy this year.”

I played against his old man in schoolboy footy in Hobart 1980/81

I played against his old man in schoolboy footy in Hobart 1980/81
Did you trash talk him?

Something like “In the future you’re going to be a shit coach” maybe not a great burn at the time but I bet it hurts now

Remove this Banner Ad

Suns in the Media - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back