Superbowl

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL does move a bit slow, the timeouts and stops in play get annoying but it is still an entertaining sport. Bloody Pats, Eagles will get it next year.

thetigerman said:
Watching the Superbowl proved one thing.

Australian Rules Football is the BEST code of football in the world
by far..
How do you figure that? AFL is definately my preference but NFL does hold it's own as being a great sport. But then again I'm not single minded when it comes to sport and enjoy watching just about everything :cool:

Perhaps if you watched a few more NFL games and not just the Grand Final and actually bothered to learn the rules you'd appreciate it more.

I've gotten into NFL this summer with my usual favourite summer pastime the NHL has been cancelled. While not as exciting as AFL, it's still a fantasic game if you get to know the rules and understand what's happening. As has already been stated, it's a very tactical sport and the plays can get pretty complex. Personally I think the fact that it's physical and athletic makes it good to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You watched the SuperBowl at school?. Tell me this wasnt during classtime. I remember getting to watch the Melbourne Cup as a kid...but the Superbowl?. Surely someones taking the :):):):).

WestCat said:
I've gotten into NFL this summer with my usual favourite summer pastime the NHL has been cancelled. While not as exciting as AFL, it's still a fantasic game if you get to know the rules and understand what's happening. As has already been stated, it's a very tactical sport and the plays can get pretty complex. Personally I think the fact that it's physical and athletic makes it good to watch.
No way. Im a big lover of the NHL, but there is no way I could follow that :):):):) grid iron, even if it is a substitute for hockey.

The NFL can be good, with the strategy and everything, but I'd much rather a game of sport to be about sport, not strategy. If I want strategy I'll play a game of chess. If I want sport I'll watch footy or hockey.

Marns said:
No way. Im a big lover of the NHL, but there is no way I could follow that sh1t grid iron, even if it is a substitute for hockey.

The NFL can be good, with the strategy and everything, but I'd much rather a game of sport to be about sport, not strategy. If I want strategy I'll play a game of chess. If I want sport I'll watch footy or hockey.
You can still follow hockey you know, I'm pretty sure nearly all the NHL teams have a reserve grade playing in the AHL. I follow the St Louis Blues so while the lockouts in place I've been following their reserve team in the Worcester IceCats.

I like the NFL. Its a different game and a bit of an aquired tase but we are spoilt because we have 100 minutes of non stop action.
The athletes and tactics in gridiron are excellent.
Bit like watching test cricket compared to one dayers though.

JeffDunne said:
Pathetic thread.

Are we that insecure about ourselves that we need to trash other sports because we don't understand them?

Aussie Rules is a great sport. But so is American Football.
Apparently some people are, maybe they should go say these comments in the "American Football" board on this site. See how far they get :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Superbowl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back