Competitions SuperCoach & Dream Team questions

Remove this Banner Ad

g'day guys

Moore likely to get games early or not? how's swan's preseason going? thanks!

Doubt we will risk playing Moore early on the season. He just came out of the moon boot and has a lot of raw potential. He may get 5ish games this season to give him some experience, but once he is cherry ripe he'll dominate. As for Swan hes been on and off due to injuries and lightened training etc, but he has a good history and he should bounce back. For his price hes worth every penny.

Doubt we will risk playing Moore early on the season. He just came out of the moon boot and has a lot of raw potential. He may get 5ish games this season to give him some experience, but once he is cherry ripe he'll dominate. As for Swan hes been on and off due to injuries and lightened training etc, but he has a good history and he should bounce back. For his price hes worth every penny.

Especially seeing as though you can pick him as a forward. You would have to be bonkers not to select him.

Pretty keen on Seedsman at the moment in both formats at D4 considering Waters and Whitecross might not get up for round one. Will come back in a months time for more thoughts, pretty keen on the Pies this season.
I'd be wary. Can't seem to get on the track at the moment. I think most of us would like to see him in the side, but he seems to be pretty fragile

Hi to all you Magpie supporters, hope you have a good season. My wife has created an All Female Fantasy League hoping to generate some rivalry between female footy fans, so if there are any Female Magpie supporters willing to have a go and join up, the invite code is X7KT96T3.

How is Pat Karnezis tracking this pre season? Any chance of getting a few games early?
Will be interesting to see how he tracks in NAB.

Not sure he's at peak fitness yet but he is the type of player we have needed up forward for some time, still yet to be seen if he can make an impact at this level though.

Form will see him picked and might be in and out a few times but really need to see how he goes on the field.

Hi guys, .

i have been working on a little project for AFL dream team this year with a friend of mine. Ive written a strategy paper based on techniques ive utilised over the 13 years ive played the game. I think you will find some a bit controversial but they have worked for me.

Ill also be writing club by club analysis with predicted top 22s. I think it will be quite a useful resource for everyone as i pride myself in my knowledge of all players and teams.

We are charging $3.99 and are currently taking pre-orders.

Head over to www.cheatafl.com for more info or to make a pre order. It should be released by next week, time permitting for me to finish the write ups.

I think it applies to all fantasy comps but the paper is written for a dream team player.

Ill be playing in the Div 1 BF board this year. Was a poorer year for me last year, but bear in mind i was overseas for the first month and had trouble accessing info.

Let me know if you want more info prior to purchasing.

What's Ben Kennedy's Chance of being a regular in the 22 this year? Currently have him at M6 as a bit of a smokey. Worth the risk?

Last edited:
What's Ben Kennedy's Chance of being a regular in the 22 this year? Currently have him at M6 as a bit of a smokey. Worth the risk?

I think most of us want him to get a run of games to see what happens. He was one of our best last preseason but then wasn't given a proper go, which was disappointing. The word was that he wasn't fit enough yet, but it was still strange after the preseason he had.

This year I think it would be ridiculous to repeat the dose if things work out the same in preseason. There are two knocks on him....

(1) His kicking. It's bad, very bad. He seems to have no ability to compose himself when running at speed but a similar inability to actually slow down to a speed at which he is composed. His technique is fine, but the way he plays doesn't allow him to kick well.

(2) His endurance. Just hasn't been up to scratch so far in his career.

So in answer to your question: [insert windings]

I think most of us want him to get a run of games to see what happens. He was one of our best last preseason but then wasn't given a proper go, which was disappointing. The word was that he wasn't fit enough yet, but it was still strange after the preseason he had.

This year I think it would be ridiculous to repeat the dose if things work out the same in preseason. There are two knocks on him....

(1) His kicking. It's bad, very bad. He seems to have no ability to compose himself when running at speed but a similar inability to actually slow down to a speed at which he is composed. His technique is fine, but the way he plays doesn't allow him to kick well.

(2) His endurance. Just hasn't been up to scratch so far in his career.

So in answer to your question: [insert windings]
Cheers. I might start looking for a new smokey.

G'day Pies. Is Ben Reid up and about? Is it true he played VFL praccy match recently and if so how did he look?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm considering one of either Varcoe or Langdon as a mid priced defender in SC this year. Not a great deal of guns or rookies available so considering a number of mid priced players.

Varcoe has looked really impressive so far and this is apparently fitter than ever with his first full preseason for a long time. Add to that the move to a new club and into a new role as an outside midfielder with great DE and goal sense should mean he improves his average considerably.

Langdon doesn't need a great amount of touches to score well with lots of intercept passes and high DE. Only his second year but just seems to have a really mature head on his shoulders and could quite easily move his game to another level.

What are your thoughts?

G'day Pies. Is Ben Reid up and about? Is it true he played VFL praccy match recently and if so how did he look?
I haven't heard anything about him playing in a VFL Practice Match however he is apparently close to full fitness. He is on track for round 1 but you are taking a big risk with his history. If he has the same impact in defence as he did a few years ago he could score quite high as he had a booming accurate left foot plus was great at reading play and intercepting marks.

Hi guys, my dream team handbook is now out.

www.Cheatafl.com

Its a 31 page book with all my tips as well as a club my club run down and best 22s. The strategy paper at the beginning should spark some discussion.

$3.99 to purchase online.
Any chance of a sample?

Love the fantasy sports - is this AFL Fantasy, RDT or SC related?

Hey guys, thanks for beating Hawks!

Just wondering on how you guys think Ramsay will go this year? Has he had full pre-season? Will he play most games?

Cheers.
I have been bullish on him for a while and one of my bold predictions is that he will play 15+ games, he brings something to our defence that what we don't have. Still though I don't think he'd be the best option for supercoach.

Hey folks, I know very little about Freeman, many on the Supercoach board are saying he is a lock?
1. How did you guys see his first NAB?
2. What position/vest probability do you see for him? Fit/strong enough?
3. Why are people postulating that he is a lock?

Good luck and take it breezy always. :thumbsu:

Regards.

Hey folks, I know very little about Freeman, many on the Supercoach board are saying he is a lock?
1. How did you guys see his first NAB?
2. What position/vest probability do you see for him? Fit/strong enough?
3. Why are people postulating that he is a lock?

Good luck and take it breezy always. :thumbsu:

Regards.

1) both intra and nab he look a little lost in positioning which you would expect after so long without football
2) Wing/HF... not sure he has his own ball winning ability to play inside
3) Early in the preseason he dominated in the 3k time trials etc... and looked in great shape which he is. People made the early call that he is a lock, but come the game trials and NAB it is obvious he has work to do.

Overall, he is super fit and wont not play because of that. Comes down to ability/form...personally I think he will be in and out of the team and certainly doesn't look like a lock 20 possession best 22 youngster. DeGoey is ahead of him

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions SuperCoach & Dream Team questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back