Resource Supercoach & Dreamteam Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom McDonald impressing in his first game of the season. Been solid in the NAB but i haven't been able to see him play. Has he actually taken his game to the next level and what position does he play this year (ie is he a lockdown or a half back runner).

Tom McDonald impressing in his first game of the season. Been solid in the NAB but i haven't been able to see him play. Has he actually taken his game to the next level and what position does he play this year (ie is he a lockdown or a half back runner).
Usually plays as a KPD on mobile big forwards (N Riedwoldt, etc) as he's an excellent runner with a huge tank. Can get a fair bit of the footy and take marks regularly, but is horrendous with how he uses it, so maybe hold off on SC where DE% is important.

Apparently lumumba was tagged during the match, is this true? Quite disappointing for his preseason hype.

Apparently lumumba was tagged during the match, is this true? Quite disappointing for his preseason hype.

I'm not sure if he was tagged, but he certainly would have been a focus for the opposition as he had an amazing NAB Cup.

He didn't reach the heights of his preseason, but I still thought he played well. Contributed at some really important moments.

I'm going to hold onto him in my backline, depending on next week of course.

Lamumba charged into space on every available occasion, from what i could see on tv. The team played that well that numerous options were available and harry wasnt used. He looks to be a super athlete, and will get plenty of the pill for the dees this year.

Hey Dees fans, is there a reason why Nathan Jones only had 10 touches vs GWS? Did he get injured or just have a bad game or something...
I have him in my draft league & have had an offer on him. Just wondering if he should get back to roughly his 108 ave from last year. Thanks!

Hey Dees fans, is there a reason why Nathan Jones only had 10 touches vs GWS? Did he get injured or just have a bad game or something...
I have him in my draft league & have had an offer on him. Just wondering if he should get back to roughly his 108 ave from last year. Thanks!

Not injured or carrying anything that I'm aware of. Should do his usual 25 odd touches thing this tonight.

Hey guys, I'm so close to getting rid of Lumumba, he just seems so inconsistent. Anyway, what are your opinions on his role and potential scoring for the next 4 weeks and for the rest of the season?

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, I'm so close to getting rid of Lumumba, he just seems so inconsistent. Anyway, what are your opinions on his role and potential scoring for the next 4 weeks and for the rest of the season?

Thanks in advance.

Form will be up and down as he rides the emotional roller coaster of life. Have you considered that there's more to existance than football? Heretier has. It means 'the Prince'. During times of great depression his doors will always be open. That's not a gay joke.

Thanks in advance.
Didnt think he was that bad to be honest on friday. There was a couple of clangs, and reiwoldt headbutted his hip for a free.
Plays the next four on our home deck, and the wide expanses of the 'g'.
Hold for one more week....i think some consistent scores are coming

Thanks in advance.

Lumumba seems to be getting quite closely marked. Probably due mostly to the impact he had in the preseason.

Clubs have worked out early, that he's important to our forward momentum, so he's probably going to be more tightly manned than he ever was at Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have Dom Tyson in Elite, whats up with him? Hasn't reached his 2014 heights yet alone gone better (like i predicted)

is it worth swapping him out? Possibly for Vandenberg who is a FA?

Hi Guys,
See you have both Jordie McKenzie and Aidan Riley on your EIC.
Who is more likely to get a start please.
Cheers.
Honestly of those on the bench I doubt either of those two will get picked in the final 22, and if they do will likely be vested.
Have Dom Tyson in Elite, whats up with him? Hasn't reached his 2014 heights yet alone gone better (like i predicted)

is it worth swapping him out? Possibly for Vandenberg who is a FA?
Basically his 'second year blues' as last year was his first full season. Hopefully will get back to his best soon, but it might take a while. Doesn't seem like there's a quick fix for it. He's still getting the ball pretty often just getting caught with it too much or using it sloppily. May be worth keeping. Won't be a star again this year, but should still perform solidly most weeks, with the odd big game.

Usually plays as a KPD on mobile big forwards (N Riedwoldt, etc) as he's an excellent runner with a huge tank. Can get a fair bit of the footy and take marks regularly, but is horrendous with how he uses it, so maybe hold off on SC where DE% is important.
Follow up thoughts on this? 3 NAB matches + 5 AFL games of good scoring, is this enough of a sample size to think he's the real deal?

Follow up thoughts on this? 3 NAB matches + 5 AFL games of good scoring, is this enough of a sample size to think he's the real deal?
Would assume you're referring to TMac?

Personally I'd hold off still. I've been bullish about him in the past but he tends to have good and bad patches. His role hasn't changed a lot this year to previous, although he's taken up some of the run that Frawley used to provide. Not sure if you were involved with SC a few years ago and remember the Stanton run? Averaging 120 after 6 rounds and everyone traded him in and he fell away badly.

If you don't already have him, you've missed jumping on cheapish. His price is unlikely to fluctuate greatly if your hold off for another few weeks. If you're like the rest of us, I'm sure you've got other problem areas of your team that are more pressing. The backline is a disaster zone his year, I'd look at worrying about that come Bye rounds.

Hi folks, SC question here - I see Max Gawn has scored quite well the last 2 games and wondered what's his JS like and chances of keeping up that high scoring? Will try to answer Bulldogs SC questions if needed. Cheers

Hi folks, SC question here - I see Max Gawn has scored quite well the last 2 games and wondered what's his JS like and chances of keeping up that high scoring? Will try to answer Bulldogs SC questions if needed. Cheers
Shaky at best mate, Jamar doesn't look like he's coming back, but Roos may chop and change Gawn and Spencer for the rest of the year or choose one and stick with them, give him a week or two unless you like a punt/have trades up your sleeve.

Might be ok for a bit of short term cash, but if you are after a keeper I would steer well clear.

Take him if;
You have plenty of trades left and not much money

Don't take him if;
You don't have many trades left and can afford a keeper

If you don't fall into either of these two categories, then look for a rookie to buy in elsewhere.

Cheers guys. I had considered Spencer too; my R2 & R3 are T-Bell and Leuey who have been rubbish so just about anyone would be an improvement. That negative breakeven on Gawn looks very tempting. SC aside, what's he like as a footballer?

Cheers guys. I had considered Spencer too; my R2 & R3 are T-Bell and Leuey who have been rubbish so just about anyone would be an improvement. That negative breakeven on Gawn looks very tempting. SC aside, what's he like as a footballer?
In and out of the side over the past few years. Injuries have held him up a bit and he hasn't really developed the tank to play a full year as first ruck. Is the most promising ruck on our list though (to most on here anyways) as he is handy around the ground and is a decent option up forward. Needs to improve his marking though because despite his height he is average at that. His tapwork is also ordinary at times, but has been better at that this year.

In and out of the side over the past few years. Injuries have held him up a bit and he hasn't really developed the tank to play a full year as first ruck. Is the most promising ruck on our list though (to most on here anyways) as he is handy around the ground and is a decent option up forward. Needs to improve his marking though because despite his height he is average at that. His tapwork is also ordinary at times, but has been better at that this year.

Reminds me of a guy I used to play soccer with. 6'6 and terrible in the air. He was the Big ****ing Decoy. Even though he was useless, he still got the tallest bloke on him at corners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Supercoach & Dreamteam Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back