2nds Swans Reserves 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

For god sake, we play Geelong this week and Tom Hawkins is a ******* mountain! Laidler could not keep up with him (or any of the others you've mentioned) let alone challenge him one on one!

Laidler doesn't play as a KPD like Grundy. He is a zoning/3rd tall who's primary concern is intercept marking. Comparison would be a taller Mills not a shorter Grundy in terms of role.

Laidler doesn't play as a KPD like Grundy. He is a zoning/3rd tall who's primary concern is intercept marking. Comparison would be a taller Mills not a shorter Grundy in terms of role.
Exactly. Mills is the one that has taken Laidler's place in the side.

You had better go back and read where I said Laidler could not play Grundy role! Post #1708

I did the ratings today

Aliir deadset butchered everything. Tippett looked like he didn't give 2 shits for most of the game and Rose looked more content with trying to be a hero.

Shocking first half and really should have belted the Brions off the park.

Congrats to them though for hanging tough.
Really surprised that it looked like Tippett didn't give a shit

Yeh I quite like him. He's only young and he doesn't win much ball but he seems very sound defensively. Another year of learning in the NEAFL and I think he could be a solid seniors player.

What a non-event Leonardis has been. I remember watching his draft tape and being quietly enthused we could have something here, his pace and will to take on the tackler being really noteworthy. Plus a seemingly penetrating left foot. But he will forever be remembered for that awful ******* profile name rather than anything he did on the field.

I remember an article kicking around about Leonardis when he was first drafted that said he'd had severe learning difficulties as a result of a premature birth, and still couldn't read and write well enough to fill out his player rego forms when he was 16 or 17. I always wondered how a guy that faced hurdles that big would cope in the modern football world, with its gameplans, team meetings, etc. Not that a lot of the blokes in the league are in danger of winning a Rhodes Scholarship any time soon or anything, but it sounded like Leonardis probably faced some pretty unique challenges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember an article kicking around about Leonardis when he was first drafted that said he'd had severe learning difficulties as a result of a premature birth, and still couldn't read and write well enough to fill out his player rego forms when he was 16 or 17. I always wondered how a guy that faced hurdles that big would cope in the modern football world, with its gameplans, team meetings, etc. Not that a lot of the blokes in the league are in danger of winning a Rhodes Scholarship any time soon or anything, but it sounded like Leonardis probably faced some pretty unique challenges.
Dunno. He was pretty good writing crap on twitter or whatever it was....

Now you mention it I think I remember reading that too. Fair call.

I remember the objective of his draft class was meant to address our paucity of skillful kicks so it seemed like an opportunity would be there for him if adapted to the system well. At least Dawson appears to have, has the look of a 2018 Nic Newman in terms of forcing his way in to seniors based off a huge NEAFL season.

Didn't he just 'like' a bad comment about Goodes?
Made a comment. But past is past. We've all made mistakes. He was just an impressionable young kid.

My issue with him isn't that, it's that in the games I've watched he doesn't seem to me to back up or do those little things off the ball as much as you need to (shepherding etc). I recall seeing him in the 1st or 2nd game I saw him give someone a spray for not spotting him open & I just got a vibe he isn't as much a team player as he needs to be. Of course, that's just my impression. The club would know & I trust their judgement. If he's on our list then I hope he smashes it & knocks the door down. If he's not, good luck to the kid. Amazing background & obviously determined & talented.

Last edited:
Gotta agree!
Even Caesar 88 couldn't be asking for Aliir back in the team after his game on saturday night, putrid is the best word I can think of to describe it.
I only watched the 1st quarter, did his game really go to shit so badly? He took two great defensive marks and went on a trademark dash through traffic in the time i was watching. Looking comfortably one of our better players.

On CPH1607 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I only watched the 1st quarter, did his game really go to shit so badly? He took two great defensive marks and went on a trademark dash through traffic in the time i was watching. Looking comfortably one of our better players.

On CPH1607 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe they weren't watching the same game as you or I? He did quieten down but to say he was shit is a bit too far. I stated at half time that he and Dawson are far too good for that league and I back that statement!

Just looked like was going through the motions. I wasn't the only one that thought it too, a lot did.

I reckon this if ankle related. If he can't get any power through it he looks lethargic as a result. A couple of weeks rest and if we need him he might surprise.

I reckon this if ankle related. If he can't get any power through it he looks lethargic as a result. A couple of weeks rest and if we need him he might surprise.

I think we would all be surprised. Personally I'd be in a state of shock and need the defibrallator.

Maybe they weren't watching the same game as you or I? He did quieten down but to say he was shit is a bit too far. I stated at half time that he and Dawson are far too good for that league and I back that statement!
I stayed for the whole game and in my opinion he was terrible from the very first bounce, but obviously you and others saw his game differently and thats fine, what a boring world it would be if we all saw things the same way!

I think we would all be surprised. Personally I'd be in a state of shock and need the defibrallator.
Well I hope you do. :D:innocent:
Plenty of people ready to kick a guy when he is down. He was in All Aus form during 15/16 before his ankle went on him. Just hasn't had a run at it since. It took me more than 18 months to get my ankle right after landing on someone's foot and stuffing it big style. I was lazy with rehab too and ended up with one achilles shorter than the other. I can't imagine the amount of running he's had to do on it, and very easy to re-injure an ankle -as he's found out. He was showing some signs before the latest roll. Tough luck. Lucky for him all Aus sports have guaranteed contracts and we aren't like the US where they just kick them to the curb.
Hope he comes back and kicks 3 in the GF to win us the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back