AFLW Autopsy Swans vs Gold Coast Saturday 3:05PM at Henson Park

Remove this Banner Ad

All losses should hurt!
That hurts. Our comeback falls short by four-points with the Suns kicking a goal in the final minute to secure the win.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
A home game in which we play the Suns. 14th vs 18th and I'm really hoping we can get a win this weekend and no further injuries would be lovely thanks!

Gates open 1:30pm.
First bounce is 3:05pm
and the game will be broadcast live on Fox Footy, Kayo and Channel 7.

Two changes have been made ahead of Round 8 as the Sydney Swans prepare to take on the Gold Coast Suns this Saturday afternoon: the return of Lauren Szigeti and Sarah Grunden.
In: Sarah Grunden, Lauren Szigeti
Out: Julie O'Sullivan (Injured), Montana Beruldsen (Omitted)
"Lauren is a very clever footballer, brings some grunt around the stoppages and she's able to go forward as well which we feel as though that connection between the mids and the forwards is going to be really important this week," he shared.
"And then Sarah, she's the same. Sarah brings in a forward craft but she can also go up on the wing for us as well. Both are good users by foot and that's something we felt we need."

Tanya's Take
Despite the result the team showed a lot of fight. What was the message at the breaks?
I think the girls have shown that no matter the scoreline in a game that they will always fight which is a great brand to build as a team. We kept messaging the plan we went in with and the girls stuck to that message all throughout.

Opposition Watch
The Swans sit 15th on the ladder, with their most recent 60-point defeat to North Melbourne offering plenty of learnings from the competitions leading side.
“We wanted to take them on and keep taking them on and get the lessons out of it, but also I think on reflection that probably kept us in the game at patches as well,” said Swans senior coach Scott Gowans.
“There's probably 20 or 30 percent of the game, they're just so good that they got away from us. But you look at the territory game and some players that stood up against the best team in the competition, there's a lot to take away from it.”
Gowans has warned the Swans to be wary of Gold Coast, who will be hungry to register their first victory of the season.
“I know they're anxious for their first win of the season, they've been extremely unlucky, they've had I think three results recently that are sort of around that two goal margin,” said Gowans.

ADKq_NaMy7ccqHc0cG5zeJUmmlTNbwc6dvw__FuCfVYnYMZ1Fdx8kymHccl2MW91gewFK9iDy6u8qGVdevlsqcKJJJkBj2QvvIocXSYD4Y-0d3d8h-ncInQYwi_D5pHoTk7CMxM9lDWMXoMpxRConfuL2mq8_BQrX5AzlT2B-aCh0oSU=s0-d-e1-ft

Shuttle Bus
an electric bus will be available to pick up members and fans from Sydenham Station and Henson Park throughout the day so you can cheer on the red and white with ease.
Please note: Metro services will not run between Tallawong and Sydenham. Buses replace services between Tallawong and Chatswood only. Use train services between Chatswood, the City and Sydenham.

Gates open 1:30pm.
First bounce is 3:05pm
broadcast live on Fox Footy, Kayo and Channel 7.

Match Day Hub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus ****ing christ. Our kick outs without Heads down back are ****ing awful. Every week our opponents kick half their goals from forward 50 frees. Are we that bad or are we being penalised more than others?
Best ball user stuck on the wing is just dumb

Disappointing how little good ball user we have on the list (i know we have 3 injuries), just get it into Heads, Cynthias and Hurleys hands

QT | A goal on the siren by Aimee Whelan sees us trail by just two at the first break. Brooke Lochland and Cynthia Hamilton also kicking majors.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Autopsy Swans vs Gold Coast Saturday 3:05PM at Henson Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back