• Heathmere

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyrendarra

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Branxholme Wallacedale

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawkesdale? But I can't see it happening.
I don't know who else would be close enough to join.
Some of those mininera clubs do so much travel it's crazy.

Juniors is a issue in a few leagues but it's gotta be a step in the right direction for that league to get it going. Hopefully it can be sustained. Interesting titbit about a new club ... maybe a Mininera club?
could be casterton as they have tried and our league has tried to help them get into a victorian league

I'd be stunned if it's Casterton after all this time .... they seem very loyal/attached to the Western Border (now Limestone Coast) league. With Penola joining next year, that's another town that fits with what Casterton is (not big; not small). I think Casterton would be pretty happy to see Penola come in. Plus, Casterton are hosting the inaugural Limestone Coast Grand Final ... that doesn't seem like something they'd be given if they were planning to leave the league.

On the other hand, it definitely makes sense travel-wise plus they could rekindle some old rivalries with Coleraine and Heywood from the WBFL days. Who knows!

For some reason they didn't upload the radio show otherwise I would link the interview. It was just a brief mention that a club might be interested in joining the SWDFL.

From an outsiders view, it seems like the league is growing a bit. Would love a local to comment but with the inclusion of the juniors, it just felt like a traditional footy netball league, this might get more people involved.
I wouldn't be surprised if Westerns improve a fair bit over the next few years with their facility and having the best location.

For some reason they didn't upload the radio show otherwise I would link the interview. It was just a brief mention that a club might be interested in joining the SWDFL.

From an outsiders view, it seems like the league is growing a bit. Would love a local to comment but with the inclusion of the juniors, it just felt like a traditional footy netball league, this might get more people involved.
I wouldn't be surprised if Westerns improve a fair bit over the next few years with their facility and having the best location.
For sure...just perusing the U17 results, it seems promising. Every side fielded a team which unfortunately isn't the case everywhere, Dartmoor (then Tyrendarra) appeared to be a cut above the rest. I'm curious to know where Dartmoor get their players from TBH. I've driven thru that town .... it's nowhere even close to the size of either Coleraine or Heywood, right? That's a great setup down there at Westerns (highlighted by your handiwork with the camera 👏). That's gotta help with recruiting/retaining players.

I'm curious to know where Dartmoor get their players from TBH. I've driven thru that town .... it's nowhere even close to the size of either Coleraine or Heywood, right?
Yeah that's what intrigued me as well! It's hard to work it out from PlayHQ of course cos all of them played junior footy for other clubs. At least in the juniors, they go to high school in Mount Gambier or Heywood so they can drag some mates across to play for Darty. I did make a video on the u17s though.

I was thinking Mt Gambier as well as a possible source of players. Looks like a few decent players running around in that U17's game (and a couple of good sized kids as well!!!) .... we're on the lookout for the next Jeremy Cameron ;)

could be casterton as they have tried and our league has tried to help them get into a victorian league
There is some chitter-chatter on some of the other forums (Wimmera League / Horsham District League) about Harrow Balmoral possibly jumping over to the South West, so there is another possibility :think: Could all be nonsense. We're into the "silly season" now with the smaller/district leagues finished up now!

There is some chitter-chatter on some of the other forums (Wimmera League / Horsham District League) about Harrow Balmoral possibly jumping over to the South West, so there is another possibility :think: Could all be nonsense. We're into the "silly season" now with the smaller/district leagues finished up now!
I know in my league Penola was confirmed they are still trying to get a second team, mt burr is most likely that team (hopefully)

Remove this Banner Ad

SWDFNL Discussion 2024

Back