SWFL talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2008
WA.
AFL Club
West Coast
What does everyone think of the young talent in the SWFL these days. Is there many young guns getting a league game? Is there any potential state players coming through?

Basically name some young SWFL talent worth watching for now and the future.

Callum Jetta
Not sure how old Quartermaine is, but he's pretty good.
Uhm, their was a 15-16 year old playing in the league this year, names lost me.
Alex Devitt. Smart, quick, tall with good hands. Midfield + forward. Is 15. Kicks bags of 6+ regularly and is in the U/16 state squad.

I'll get back to you after this weekend :D

There are a number of talented young players in the SWFL. A lot of players do not want to travel to either Peel, Swans or East Perth to play Colts football.
The Rising Star Leader board after round 7 was-
14- Shane Cristialdi (Donnybrook)
A wingman/half forward who has good skills.
14- Michael Borg (Eaton Boomers)
Onballer with excellent running and ball winning ability.
11- Jye Cormack (Bunbury)
Already seasoned campaigner with a tough hard at it approach.

To be eligible players must be under 21.
There are a lot of other promising young players playing league football.
AMR- Jordan Hughes, Marcus Atkinson.
Bunbury- Travis Grey, Jace Cormack, Trent Gribble.
Busselton- Mitch Howlett
Carey Park- Glen Garlett, Dylan Garlett, Kirk Ugle.
Collie Eagles- Wes Pullan, Shane Earl.
Donnybrook- Tim Davies, Callan Buckley.
Eaton Boomers- Matt Jas, Matt Tamm, Gino Catalano, Michael Russell.
Harvey Bulls- Kieran Germs, Dean Miller, Blake Piggott.
HBL- Matt Doherty, Daniel Lyon, Luke Morabito.
South Bunbury- Ray Daniels, Hayden Hutcheson, Chris Andrews.

The SWFL Colts side will feature a lot of these names and plenty more. I'm not too sure about the under age competition. Most players that play u/17's have an involvement in Colts football.

There are a number of talented young players in the SWFL. A lot of players do not want to travel to either Peel, Swans or East Perth to play Colts football.

Busselton- Mitch Howlett

The SWFL Colts side will feature a lot of these names and plenty more. I'm not too sure about the under age competition. Most players that play u/17's have an involvement in Colts football.

Am I safe in assuming that Carey Park is not an expensive waterfront apartment type area?

Busselton- Mitch Howlett

Shane Cristialdi (Donnybrook), Michael Borg (Eaton Boomers),Jye Cormack (Bunbury) Should ALL be getting regular games with thier league teams now. I dont know why they are wasting thier time getting an easy kick in the colts. Callan Buckley must be related to Josh Buckley, good players the Buckleys. Luke Morabito will most likey go to Peel colts next year and follow in his brothers (Anthony Morabito's) foot steps. Blake Piggott is playing regular peel colts games and is a chance for rookie selection in this years draft. Kirk Ugle could be a star, should be at Swans Districts next year if not already if he is looking to extend his career.

Many, many other names who would be worthy of a mention, such as Dylan Bairstow (son of Mark geelong, brother of toby south freo) who may have been selected in the Country Westfarmers squad for SWFL league side.

Aaron Black is a superstar. had 32 touches, 14 marks and kicked 7 goals in wet and windy conditions on the weekend.
week before that he had 20 touches and 6 goals, also in the wet.
should definately get drafted come november. id expect him to be playing league for peel any week now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aaron Black is a superstar. had 32 touches, 14 marks and kicked 7 goals in wet and windy conditions on the weekend.
should definately get drafted come november. id expect him to be playing league for peel any week now

SShhhhhhhhhhh Mikie we are trying to keep him a secret.

Iam hoping West Coast rookie him.

there is heaps of young footy talent floating around the swfl this season alot of which are getting a good stint in there respective league teams. the eaton boomers and harvey brunswick fc are pulling alot of young blokes up through the ranks this year and they are really showing some great form. Under 21 players to watch out for in the future from both clubs include strong marking forward mathew tamm (eb), mathew jas (eb), steven beal (eb) and ball magnet micheal borg(eb). from HBL players to keep an eye on are the footy smart david newman, hard working defencive midfeilder rhys gelmi and ruckman jordan sell. i have watched a few of these blokes play during last years landmark carnival an they didnt disappoint. A few others that were stand out during the carnival were collie young guns teke vernon an corey griggs, and as said previously the impressive Aaron black. I hear alot of these guys are going to be snapped up by wafl clubs for the next comming season, if they arnt it would be a great waste of young talent

Alex Devitt plays with my boy and is extremely talented, both at footy and cricket. He played well in the state team last week.
Callan Buckley is or has just had a knee reconstruction. His older brothers played for East Perth, ressies though I think, correct me if I am wrong :eek:

Alex Devitt plays with my boy and is extremely talented, both at footy and cricket. He played well in the state team last week.
Callan Buckley is or has just had a knee reconstruction. His older brothers played for East Perth, ressies though I think, correct me if I am wrong :eek:

Very very very talented!

Callan Buckley is not as talented as Alex.

doesnt Josh play for peel resys now? i know he use to be at east perth
He played one game for them this year as he is a good mate of Ben Howlett. Ben's brother Tyrie and Josh both played that game.
Chris Andrews played for Swan Districts on the weekend and impressed in front of a number of AFL scouts.

Does he by any chance play for west perth colts

He played one game for them this year as he is a good mate of Ben Howlett. Ben's brother Tyrie and Josh both played that game.
Chris Andrews played for Swan Districts on the weekend and impressed in front of a number of AFL scouts.

Do you know what number he wore? Was it colts? I watched the colts but didn't see his name in the record?:confused:

Number 1, for South Bunbury Colts Fraser Millar is an up and coming talent within the south west region. At aged 15, Fraser has played a game of league and has impressed at colts level consistantly being named in the best players. He is a hard runner, who has natural ability/skill on both sides of his body, being able to read the play as good as ive ever seen. Frasers commitment of the field leaves him in high sted. Fraser is a consistant in an under ball winner who hasnt been givin the oppurtunity to prove himself at state or swan district level.

Wearing number 11 for u/16's South Bunbury Tigers, Martin Thompson continues to reach expectations set by coaches and staff. With blistering speed, and consistant ball winning abilities this 16 year old proves to be one of the best 16 year olds in the league. Although he hasnt been givin the oppurtunity at colts level he has impressed throughout the swans district and has a very promonent future.

has anybody watched or noticed these 2 young talents?

Remove this Banner Ad

SWFL talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back