Rumour Switta

Remove this Banner Ad

Switta's biggest issue is injury. I think Baker would be an upgrade but definitely not significantly, more like slightly and I'm not paying more than a 2nd round pick for that when we regularly develop pick 50+ players into Baker or better type players (Switta, Schultz, Frederick, Walters etc) .

Switta's biggest issue is injury. I think Baker would be an upgrade but definitely not significantly, more like slightly and I'm not paying more than a 2nd round pick for that when we regularly develop pick 50+ players into Baker or better type players (Switta, Schultz, Frederick, Walters etc) .
Switta playing to his ability he is not out of the team for Baker, they are both in.

Switta can be very good. I am keen to see how he goes in the next four games. I loved the Melbourne game, but even Walters, who has looked like he should be retired most of the year kicked 3.

If he can carry even close to his form from the Melbourne game it will be a huge upside for us.

Switta can be very good. I am keen to see how he goes in the next four games. I loved the Melbourne game, but even Walters, who has looked like he should be retired most of the year kicked 3.

If he can carry even close to his form from the Melbourne game it will be a huge upside for us.
Yeah Walters and Fyfe the perfect example. When guys look like they are struggling, they are only 5-10% off the level each week so when a team doesn't rock up, they suddenly look at the level again. No, sadly, its mainly the other team was just garbage and helped the guys off the pace compete a bit better.

I mean if we had a small forward who kicked goals do we get over Carlton, Port and the Pies?

He played well, but he’s been ok this year and playing well in a 94 point thumping is good but it isn’t a game changer.

I think when he blind sides oppo mids at stoppages that is really valuable, but we need goals.

If Sonny and Sturt start kicking 1-2 goals each per week it probably means it isn’t as important for Switta to hit the scoreboard.
he wss awesome against Brisbane and then got injured

My fear is he is doing what Henry and Acres appeared to do when they knew they wanted to be traded, so played out of their skins.

I really hope the rumours are not true about him wanting to leave.

Other than on here ,there has not even been a miniscule hint of him wanting out.
If there was a sniff at all, the media would be all over it.
Not a worry I wouldn't think.
Not necessarily true about the media, as we saw with Schultz. There was talk on here but still his trade request came out of nowhere.

That being said the source of this rumour isn’t very strong. Not sure the guy who started the thread has any reliable history.

I wonder with switta rumours wanting to leave started after his concussion

It's possible the seriousness of the concussion might have made his reassess his life and wanting to be closer to his family

I was going back through some of the 2013 threads and there was one about Fyfe going to GWS lol
There was a big one from Fitzy about Fyfe going to the Saints a few years back. He copped a lot of backlash over that one.

I remember there were some absolute flogs coming on to our board acting like it was a done deal only for Fyfe to come out and sign an extension.

Switta actually scores more than Baker over his career. Baker is having a career best year this year, which could result in him having a poor year next year. Essentially we would be paying maximum price for him. I would only trade Baker in for a 2nd rounder max, he is flakey af over his career imo.
Baker has played most of his career on the half back flank or rolling through the midfield so it’s just plain misleading to compare his average goals per game over his career to a full time forward or someone who has played majority forward.

Baker is an absolute gun and walks into our 22 as a genuine best 10 player on this list in the morning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker has played most of his career on the half back flank or rolling through the midfield so it’s just plain misleading to compare his average goals per game over his career to a full time forward or someone who has played majority forward.

Baker is an absolute gun and walks into our 22 as a genuine best 10 player on this list in the morning
100% Chadlocked but I'd be pretty happy with Baker as well. The guy can seriously play and his field kicking is a chief's kiss. If people want to know why some of us rate Baker go and watch his game against Geelong and Adelaide. Awesome examples.

100% Chadlocked but I'd be pretty happy with Baker as well. The guy can seriously play and his field kicking is a chief's kiss. If people want to know why some of us rate Baker go and watch his game against Geelong and Adelaide. Awesome examples.
In vs Adelaide game Baker had around 6 kicks inside 50...Every single one of them hit hands of his teammate...

That is not bad at all.

Top 10 is a bit of a stretch, he’d definitely improve our starting 22 but think he’d slot into 14-18 territory for mine.

Heard from a source who has been 100% correct in the past that Sam wants to return to Victoria despite being contracted through to 2026.

While all the facts aren't in my hands, as events have unfolded, I feel like your source might have a slight blemish on the previous 100% record.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Switta

Remove this Banner Ad

Back