Rumour Switta

Remove this Banner Ad

Might have had some connection to the Baker trade in the early stages but went quiet when it was clear he wasn’t doing Freo .

Glad Switta is staying and hope Bolton takes some pressure off him and gives him some confidence to back himself

On Bolton I’m hoping he is going to give all of our forwards a shot in the arm with his vibrancy and confidence.
Once they see him up close and in action hopefully they get involved more regularly ( Freddy ) and aren’t scared to have a ping ( Switta ? )
Amiss might also feel a little less pressure when opposition defenders are being stretched .

Last edited:
I put my hand up and admit my source was wrong. I didn't want him leaving either.
Doesn't actually mean their wrong as it could have been spoken about behind close doors and we'll never know. Which happens all the time.

Eg.
I dont think this will come as a surprise Ive been told by friend who works with Freo Board members that we tried to trade Will Brodie during trade week but there were no takers. Will Brodie is apparently very greatfull to the club for the support we gave him when his dad passed away and the club administrators are also big time fans of Will Brodie the person so they tried everything to get a trade done. My friend says that we frontloaded his current contract with a big payment this year so that he would be on a low wage in 2025/2026 in terms of money owed as a way of improving his chances of being traded. He's said that when Shultz left more cap space was created than people would think as Shultz was on a heavily incentive based contract where he was rewarded for meeting performance criteria so the last year of his contract was owed around 600K. He also said that we made a very significant offer to Liam Henry that was knocked back and that also freed up some 2024 contract space we payed to frontload existing contracts.

I get people not agreeing with rumours but without rumours being posted the speculation threads on here would be pretty boring.

For what its worth he's the same person who said we'd draft Simpson and Wagner the years we did. Apparently this year we have strong interest in Harry Oliver from SA compared to other teams. Oliver's a small defender (183cm) with a massive leap and elite foot skills. I could see us trading up the order using the Richmond 3rd and our second pick if Oliver lasts to a pick in the mid to late 20's where he sits in most draft previews.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Switta

Remove this Banner Ad

Back