jcraw1

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gippsland Power
Is it just me, or does the Sydney crowd at the SCG tonight on Channel 10 sound as though it has been microphoned and amplified to make it sound louder?

It's annoying rather than impressive.

No surprise. The crowd is usually quite so they want to make it sound like they are making plenty of noise.

As for the Sydney love-fest, I am used to it by now.

Sydney crowds are usualy louder than the rest of the country on account of their enlarged vocal cord boxes as a result of all the dongers they like to swallow :eek:

So good to be out of that place and back in Melbourne. The crowd hasn't got a clue, I lived there on and off for the last 20 years, even at Homebush the Magpie supporters make more noise than the rest of the Swans crowd. AFL will have a hard time ever getting a second team in there. From what I can see most of the Swans supporters are trendys and old people who don't really barrack, so of course 10 would amplify it.

It's simple economics, people :)

Channel 10 pays through the nose for the TV Rights.
Wants to capatilise on it by marketing the game strongly in the biggest untapped AFL market - Sydney
Tells commentators to pump them up, makes the games seem more important and exciting.
New supporters see it and get pumped up.

I mean, come on people... Channel 10 have been advertising the Swans v Dee's game as a "rivalry between the harbor cities". Has ANYONE ever ehard of a rivalry between Sydney and Melbourne? :)

I'm glad non-melbourne people are picking up on the sydney bias of the commentary.

Huddo gets turned on any time a swans player takes a breath.

Disgraceful commentary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to turn off, I couldn't take the Sydney lovefest of the commentators. A Sydney player could get the ball on his own and fall over and the Ch 10 commentary crew would praise it as genius.

How many games have Sydney had live on Channel 10 this season so far, and how many more do they have for the rest of the season? :eek:

Their commentators are in love with the Sydney Footy Club and it shows in their commentary of their games. Too bad for them, as they're at the wrong game tonight!!!

10 also assumes that everyone in Sydney is behind the Swans - they are kidding.

The other think that annoys me is all that advertising where they knocked down the stand. Very distracting - don't we have enough signs around and on the ground?

The Sydney love-fest that you speak of started early 2006. Robert Walls in particular hated Sydney for so long, but as soon as we won a premiership we have been no longer Sydney, he decides to address us as "the champion team"

How many games have Sydney had live on Channel 10 this season so far, and how many more do they have for the rest of the season? :eek:

4 out of 5 on Channel 10 so far in 2007.

And it looks like it'll be 11 of the remaining 17.

No doubt, Quartermain, Huddo, Lane, Walls et al will all be jizzing themselves if they can get to do any finals matches involving Sydney as well.

10 also assumes that everyone in Sydney is behind the Swans - they are kidding.

This is one of the curious things behind Ch 10's love of Sydney.

In their desperation to pump up the Swans, they don't seem to realise that anyone but a 10-year-old or less can see straight through their bias. And that they only make people dislike them and respect them even less as a result - rather than the opposite.

Did anybody else in Melbourne see the ad towards the end of Before the Game where they advertised the match as:

"Come on Sydney, get behind your Swans as they take on Melbourne. Next on Ten AFL."

Shameful. And I am SO glad others are seeing the bias. I thought it was just me.

On the topic of crowd amplification, I think it may be a combination of the fact the swans fans don't really cheer and the fact that the crowd aint that big.

Channel 10 love Sydney. Anyone with fox do themselves a favour and watch Carlton v Brisbane :thumbsu:

I wish i did. Much better game. Im watching the channel 10 game on mute and listening to the blues game on radio.

The amplification makes it sound like its been taken out of a video game.

"Come on Sydney, get behind your Swans as they take on Melbourne. Next on Ten AFL."

They do that EVERY week. It is sickening - when will 10 realise just how many fans the Swans have. They don't even look at the ratings to see how few people are watching.

Did anybody else in Melbourne see the ad towards the end of Before the Game where they advertised the match as:

Shameful. And I am SO glad others are seeing the bias. I thought it was just me.

I saw this and thought maybe they accidentally ran the Sydney feed into Adelaide. Channel 10 are a disgrace, they should re-name to Channel Sydney Swan.

They do that EVERY week. It is sickening - when will 10 realise just how many fans the Swans have. They don't even look at the ratings to see how few people are watching.

Yes... but they don't do it IN MELBOURNE!!! Or, as Rory pointed out in ADELAIDE!!!

I guess its fair enough to do it in Sydney, even though it would be sickening for a non-Swans supporter, but in other states that should not happen.

Instead of paying for Foxtel, etc. Punters should pool their "TV" money towards a consortium that shows "local" footy. 1 camera might turn into 2, 2 might turn into 3 etc. You would get heaps of biff, marking contests, & the odd shot of a skank shouting a profanity from the fence. Country footy........ "i'd like to see that"..

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney Crowd Amplified?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back