Sydney Crowd Amplified?

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean, come on people... Channel 10 have been advertising the Swans v Dee's game as a "rivalry between the harbor cities". Has ANYONE ever ehard of a rivalry between Sydney and Melbourne? :)

we have a harbour? :confused: strange advertising

Yes... but they don't do it IN MELBOURNE!!! Or, as Rory pointed out in ADELAIDE!!!

I guess its fair enough to do it in Sydney, even though it would be sickening for a non-Swans supporter, but in other states that should not happen.

im hoping that was a tv glitch, crossing over of feeds.

as for the crowd, maybe the rain's keep people away.

4 out of 5 on Channel 10 so far in 2007.

And it looks like it'll be 11 of the remaining 17.

No doubt, Quartermain, Huddo, Lane, Walls et al will all be jizzing themselves if they can get to do any finals matches involving Sydney as well.

What a waste of HD bandwidth!! :thumbsdown:

Looks like i won't be watching too much Saturday night HD footy on Channel 10 then (well, except when Essendon plays them ...)

never thought id say it but Foxtel's commentators are better than 10's sat night line up.

Walls = Tosser
Quartermaine = Swear he has a blow doll with Judd or Halls face on it
Lane= Rude prick who interrupts diggers during ANZAC day when they are telling their story of what they did :mad:

I think you'll find that EVERY swans supporter irrespective of their location LOATHES channel 10. Huddo - please - he hates us since Davo kicked us into the PF.
Seriously, we have to put up with 40 replays of injuries or of a free paid in general play, instead of the actual game coverage. They go back to the game and someone's scored a goal. ****ing pathetic!

im hoping that was a tv glitch, crossing over of feeds.

This is totally off topic but I think it's amusing so I'll share.

Did you know:

Arabic tv network Al-Jazeera first received their satellite spot when a French company was forced to give it up after an accidental crossing over of feeds. During an afternnoon timeslot when the company was supposed to be broadcasting educational children's shows into the Middle East, they accidently beamed 30 minutes of hardcore pr0n to an Islamic audience of thirty-three million people, many of them children.

Now that's a quality stuff up.

Im going to write to the Guide section in the HUN this week and complain that Channel 10 are so Sydney-centric its not funny.

Same goes for Ch 10 weekend news, Sports Tonight etc... all Sydney crap.

Well, your team might get more coverage if they agree to move to the Gold Coast. But for now, we are the talk of the town. Get used to it.

Has everyone forgotten that Sydney just tore Melbourne apart, or was i at a different game. That surely gives the commentators enough to be able to complement Sydney, i mean Melbourne wasn't really helping in making the game exciting (also explains the Mexican wave).

Btw, you people from Melbourne (or that f****** s***hole of a state) will you stop making generalisations of Sydney supporters. Most would think you would want the game to grow beyond your crrap borders, but from here it sounds like you are happy with the game being the dominant sport in just over half the population of Australia.

Well if the 10 commentators are pro sydney it's a recent phenomenon because Walls,Blight and and Lane have bagged the living crap out of sydney for the past couple of years......

I guess it's the same logic as sydney always getting a good deal from the umps while being the most heavily penalised team in the comp........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me, or does the Sydney crowd at the SCG tonight on Channel 10 sound as though it has been microphoned and amplified to make it sound louder?

It's annoying rather than impressive.

Just watched the game and have no clue what you're talking about. But FWIW the atmosphere at the ground was quite good where I was sitting. Very loud on my side of the ground.

That's why I don't watch the weekend editions of Sports Tonight. The first 3 stories are about the Swans, and they quickly cram in the other results.

Brisbane usually play the same time Sydney do on Saturday night so we don't have to put up with them as much. I don't know how you could watch more than 3 Swans' games a year though. Borefest central.

if ten are so sydney pro then why do they delay the games by half an hour to show worlds wildest police videos.

I Always listen to the gives live on radio.

That's why I don't watch the weekend editions of Sports Tonight. The first 3 stories are about the Swans, and they quickly cram in the other results.

Are you kidding or do you live on planet exaggeration? They don't even do the AFL stories in Sydney - they all get done in Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney Crowd Amplified?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back