Sydney losing the Grand Final......

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree.

I don't think Sydney would be a viable location for a second side for at least another 10-15 years. The fact that they lost on Saturday does little to change that.

They need to stay competitive to keep Sydney interested, but not win the thing every year.

i dont think sydney will have a 2nd side for at least another 20 years.

the support is still not that great. look at the turn out at the SCG, a few hundred people...

I dont think a 2nd Sydney side is a viable option for another 20 years or more. The best solution would be to maybe relocate a struggling victorian side there sometime in the next 10 years. This would mean despite some fans jumping off the wagon that the side would have an established fan base and could build from there.

I don't want a second Sydney team, let's get everyone behind the Swans first. Unless there is a massive influx of Vics/SA/WA people moving to Western Sydney who are willing to give up their current allegiances to the support a new team.

ChrisFooty said:
Has delayed the arrivial of the next NSW team (western sydney most likley) by at least another 3-4 years.

As a Victorian, how did you come up with these figures?

And why id it that finihsing second in one of the best grand finals in the modern era will postpone development?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fire said:
As a Victorian, how did you come up with these figures?

And why id it that finihsing second in one of the best grand finals in the modern era will postpone development?
You forgot 'lost by a point' as well.

why do we need another sydney team anyway, with salary caps and other restrictions they can have 100,000 members and it will not see them dominate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney losing the Grand Final......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back