2nds Sydney Swans Ressies 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm hoping to have the following questions answered:

What role will Pyke play for us going forward?
When will Barlow be delisted?
Why is Veszpremi playing at half-back, don't we have enough?
How is Rohan looking?
How does Dylan McNeil compare to the other fringe midfield options?
Who are our options if a key defender goes down?
Is Dennis-Lane good enough?

what players do people want feed back on 2morrow?
This might be a bit of a big ask, but could i get you to keep an eye on an opposition player. Sam Martyn is his name. He is a Crows NSW scholarship holder and he's from down my way so i'm interested to see how he goes in his first Canberra league game. That's if you can find out his number.

Also, Veszpremi is the main Swan i want looked at.:thumbsu:

Thanks

Great news that Johnston looks to finally be finding his feet. (Excuse the pun)

On today's game, is this the first time we've played the Eagles during the day since 2005? I don't recall ever seeing them play eachother in the day before.

Since we seem to be playing for a cup against the Eagles today, is there going to be a Jason Ball medal? Would love to see him recognised as the most successful Eagle/Swan. :)

I'm hoping to have the following questions answered:

What role will Pyke play for us going forward?
When will Barlow be delisted?
Why is Veszpremi playing at half-back, don't we have enough?
How is Rohan looking?
How does Dylan McNeil compare to the other fringe midfield options?
Who are our options if a key defender goes down?
Is Dennis-Lane good enough?
1. First half ruck second half CHB. a solid backup option
2. He is a tease what an athlete but not a footballer for mine
3. He played forward today and dominated the second half. Wil be in serious contention for a spot next week
4. Fast. Off half back today he realizes he's fasterthan most of his opponents and isn't afraid to take them on. Unfortunately decision making at the end of those runs was bad forgetting to bounce the ball on two separate occasions. He is a very solid tackler
5. Very good was the best mid out there today although we were a bit short in that area. Definitely a footballer first and athlete second. Reminds me somewhat of Moore in that he is very clever with the ball
6. We are well stocked in this area. Not worried at all
7. Came to the fore in the last. Formed an entertaining and deadly duo with vez.

Sumner was sighted today in street clothes along with the other non playing reserves

Same here , how did the kid play.

A very tantalizing prospect. Trimmed off a lot of puppy fat looks lean and agile. Genuine dual footed he has no problem kicking off either foot. Well balanced and has strong hands as well. I also appreciate the hard chasing he does off the ball.

1. First half ruck second half CHB. a solid backup option
2. He is a tease what an athlete but not a footballer for mine
3. He played forward today and dominated the second half. Wil be in serious contention for a spot next week
4. Fast. Off half back today he realizes he's fasterthan most of his opponents and isn't afraid to take them on. Unfortunately decision making at the end of those runs was bad forgetting to bounce the ball on two separate occasions. He is a very solid tackler
5. Very good was the best mid out there today although we were a bit short in that area. Definitely a footballer first and athlete second. Reminds me somewhat of Moore in that he is very clever with the ball
6. We are well stocked in this area. Not worried at all
7. Came to the fore in the last. Formed an entertaining and deadly duo with vez.

Sumner was sighted today in street clothes along with the other non playing reserves
Thanks a lot for the answers grim :thumbsu: Dylan McNeil would be the guy I'd immediately adopt if we had a buddy system, I am hoping he can make the grade. He's small and constantly overlooked, but looks like an extremely hard worker and was one of the standouts at the U18 championships. I also really rate Pyke so its good to hear another solid effort from the big man.

Also good to hear about TDL, Veszpremi and Johnston all really getting in the thick of it, we've gone from having a "crap, one-dimensional forward line"* to having forwards coming out of everywhere. Great to read the twitter reports too.

*Bigfooty's opinion, not mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely a game of two halves. Swans looked very sluggish in the first quarter, though to be fair to Ainslee, their pressure and running off the ball was very good and they certainly deserved their lead at half time.

A different Swans team came out after the break. Wouldn't be surprised if they got a bit of a bake during half time because their intensity and the cleanness of their skills went up many notches, Found it hard to identify who was suddenly winning the ball out of the middle but clean, precise kicking forward meant our talented forward line could start to turn on their party tricks.

Johnston and Rohan were the two most exciting performances for me. Rohan is one hell of an athlete but at the moment he looks like he's making things up as he goes along. His runs through the middle were exhilarating - just a shame he lost things towards the end of the run and forgot how far he'd travelled. Johnston is still pretty raw too, and I don't think he's ready yet for senior footy. But can see him maybe getting some games late in the year. His footskills are excellent, and he looks quick and nimble for someone of his height.

Not quite sure where Vez is at the moment with his fitness. He worked hard enough but looked quite laboured in his running and seems to have lost his explosiveness. I think he's running as if he is nursing a groin issue but he's not kicking that way. His conversion from long range was as good as we all know it is. He was pretty good in the context of this game but I am not convinced he is that close to senior selection at the moment.

Great to see Meredith out there. Didn't set the world on fire but was competent and looked to be moving well.

I think Johnston could play in the seniors. Only thing holding him back is match practice having missed close to a year. He wouldn't play as a key forward just yet but as a flanker. Get a few more matches under his belt and he would be right in the mix in 3-4 weeks

got there in time for the last quarter of the reserves game and for the first time I saw how much depth we have this year... amazing when we never had access to the early picks that other teams had when they were at the bottom of the ladder. Dennis-Lane and Vez looked dangerous

21.19-145 SYDNEY SWANS
15.12-102 AINSLIE

SYDNEY SWANS
Goal Kickers: P. VESZPREMI 5, L. JOHNSTON 4, T. DENNIS-LANE 4, H. PLAYFAIR 3, G. ROHAN 2, E. BARLOW 2, D. CURRIE
Best Players: D. MCNEIL, M. PYKE, D. CURRIE, P. VESZPREMI, M. O''DWYER, L. JOHNSTON

AINSLIE
Goal Kickers: N. PAINE 5, J. Holmes 3, C. MATHIS , D. ARGALL , J. GRIFFIN , R. SHIRLEY , M. Crook , A. OLSON , T. Inkster
Best Players: M. Crook, J. Holmes, N. PAINE, S. MARTYN, R. SHIRLEY, R. TUTT

liz, I understand what you're saying about Veszpremi, to me he really looks like he's trying to hard, I guess to you it comes across as being laboured. He was really demanding of the ball in the 2nd half, and was really pumped up when he kicked some of his goals. I would be surprised if he wasn't at least in contention, probably won't break into the current side though.

Sorry to whoever asked about Martyn, I couldn't catch his number. Also, the Swans seem to have a pretty high opinion of Jackson Potter (48), played the majority of minutes in the middle. Looks a reasonable prospect too, another left footer, not as stocky as big brother Nick.

Best Players: D. MCNEIL, M. PYKE, D. CURRIE, P. VESZPREMI, M. O''DWYER, L. JOHNSTON

Who-ever made up that list seriously needs to visit the umpires sponsor. Matty O had a Barry. Bluey Rohan played his best game so far and was close to BOG. If the Dill can maintain his form he will be a monty for elevation off the rookie list - very impressive game.

I'd play him as a wingman similar to Jetta's role. Jetta's experience and better ball use has him ahead of Rohan at the moment. He could also play as a half-forward, with a brief to chase and tackle similar to the role that McGlynn had before his injury.

I've only seen him play once, last year in the State Carnival but he showed then that he knows what he is doing when out on the ground. Similar to a Moore in that he is small and not blessed with great speed or height but he is just very smart with the ball in hand. Makes good decisions. As i soon as i saw him play a quarter i wanted him at the Swans.

He will get elevated to the senior list at some point this year or at year's end you'd think.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Sydney Swans Ressies 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back