Sydney TV coverage of finals

Remove this Banner Ad

phmag

Draftee
Jul 22, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sydney don't get the TV coverage of the final tonight between Freo and Melbourne until 10:35pm! 2 hours after the start of the match! I thought it was only channel 9 that "boned" us here? Doesn't Channel 10 want to go up against the NRL? They're doing it tomorrow night, the Eagles game is live.

Sydney do get a coverage of the footy style they PLAY ,its called rugby , mauling tactics , flood etc ,its the HOME of Rugby so i guess thats where the Swans learnt their trade :D :thumbsdown:

Ah nice, now that's the sort of info and advice I'm talkin' about!
How come they can play it on Main Event and not foxfooty?

phmag said:

To not overly disrupt their regular programming. I imagine their might also be some sort of leeway technically for the Main Event channel too.

phmag said:

Main Event is not entirely owned by Foxtel like Fox Footy. Maybe 10 didn't want to deal with Foxtel.

phmag said:
Sydney don't get the TV coverage of the final tonight between Freo and Melbourne until 10:35pm! 2 hours after the start of the match! I thought it was only channel 9 that "boned" us here? Doesn't Channel 10 want to go up against the NRL? They're doing it tomorrow night, the Eagles game is live.

Thank your lucky stars it's on that early. I'd love to watch Manly v St George down here at Melbourne live too (on FTA), but it's not on until 1:05am.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you type "foxtem main event afl" into google the first result is a broken link to an article in the australian. can't actually find it in the australian though.

timthefish said:
if you type "foxtem main event afl" into google the first result is a broken link to an article in the australian. can't actually find it in the australian though.

Have a goods finals series mate

And everyone up here complains about 9- 10 are doing the same thing.

Particularly when they are showing the 742nd replay of "My Best Friends Wedding". The league will thrash it but seriously, the Swans play the winner

The funny thing is, both last week and this week, the AFL has been on live in Newcastle through Southern Cross Ten but not live in Sydney :D

.. and the low-life f@cks arent putting it live into Brisbane either, despite advertising for weeks that they would, and telling the TV Guides that it was on at 8pm

Ten's Friday Night AFL
Semi Final 2

8pm – 11.30pm TEN
Friday 15 September 2006
Semi Final two. Fremantle Dockers v Melbourne Demons. From Subiaco oval.

What a joke.. now I am going to watch the league instead... nice one AFL/10

DD

Bombers_Forever said:
And everyone up here complains about 9- 10 are doing the same thing.

Particularly when they are showing the 742nd replay of "My Best Friends Wedding". The league will thrash it but seriously, the Swans play the winner

Hey, MBFW is an awesome movie!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney TV coverage of finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back