TAC Cup POTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarryd Blair and Farren Priest tied for the Morrish on 18 votes
Hooper and Joyce equal third on 17
172cm
172cm
172cm
170cm

The top four are pretty much the four shortest guys in the TAC Cup. There's no prestige in that award anymore when its being won year after year by the vertically challenged.
To be fair well done to the guys who won and polled well, but I cant get excited about the Morrish Medal anymore.

Sloane won the coaches award
Well done to Rory Sloane. That is the award that matters. Being acknowledged by coaches as the best player in the competition is an honour worth having.

Cheers for the news ford_dealer.

awesome news about blairy! anyone got any idea's on who made team of the year? only confirmation i'v got so far is Koby Stevens on a wing and Jarryd Blair in the middle.. lets see if we can piece this side together!

rumour has it the voting was quite strange... big name players didn't poll that well from the sounds of things.. apparently mitch banner didnt poll a single vote.. how someone who gets 40 touches most weeks doesnt register a single vote is beyond me:confused: Ziebell and Watts also only registered 1 vote a piece (sure, they missed alot with school but surely some of the games they played warranted votes) people bag the media awards out but i reckon of all the the awards handed out they're the most accurate.. umpires are shocking at giving votes.. they don't know who plays well, they're out there to umpire.. who gives the votes for this medal? the maggots? even with all the dodgy voting Blair and Priest are both worthy winners.. had fantastic seasons

rumour has it the voting was quite strange... big name players didn't poll that well from the sounds of things.. apparently mitch banner didnt poll a single vote.. how someone who gets 40 touches most weeks doesnt register a single vote is beyond me:confused:

ppl bag the media awards out but i reckon of all the the awards handed out they're the most accurate.. umpires are shocking at giving votes.. they don't know who plays well, they're out there to umpire.. who gives the votes for this medal? the maggots?
Half the issue is that big name players missed a third of the season (or in some cases more with school footy) but I'd be staggered if Banner didnt poll a vote. He finished third in the Morrish last year. 178cm with surfy blond hair - maybe he's too tall to get noticed ;)

The Morrish is voted for by the umpires. I'm not sure they even umpire well in this competition let alone expect them to worry about giving out votes well.

Don't want to take anything away from the winners, but I think its a warranted discussion point.

yeah, as i said.. even tho they missed a lot of footy.. surely some of their late season performances (particulary Ziebell) warranted votes..

172cm
172cm
172cm
170cm

The top four are pretty much the four shortest guys in the TAC Cup. There's no prestige in that award anymore when its being won year after year by the vertically challenged.
To be fair well done to the guys who won and polled well, but I cant get excited about the Morrish Medal anymore.

To state the obvious, that is statistically disproportional. :eek: Gotta be something wrong there.

172cm
172cm
172cm
170cm

Why do a lot of little guys always win this?

Rodan x 2, Caruso x 2, Moorcroft...

A lot of players that win it also don't go on to play AFL.

Ricky Delphine is another.. he won it when power won the flag yea? i know that he did very well anyway (possibly the club b&f).. didn't get picked up and he was a gun, just too short..

It was announced.. all i know is the gippy selections though and they were Stevens on a wing and Blair in the middle.. i'd assume Priest and Hooper were named too.. no Stockdale is suprising (i thought he had a terrific season) he only polled two votes as well from what i hear so that puts a dent in the midget's getting votes theory:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel free to fill in the blanks, my memory isn't as good as I thought.

B: Sengstock Gilles Hooper
HB: Simpkin Hurley
C: Zaharakis Banner Stevens
HF: Gotch Ziebell Rockliff
F: Vickery
R: Roughead Shuey Blair
INT: Duhau Geary Gysberts Suban​

cool down, your love for this kid is getting out of hand!

(and that's coming from me!)
I was more thinking out loud, rather than asking if he made it. I was trying really hard to remember who was named in it and I only got a quick glance in the first place. Trying to fill in the blanks and he could slot in there somewhere.

Bryn Weadon is another who could easily be in there. Maybe he was the HBF.

By the way, Ziebell only needing six games to make it?

I was more thinking out loud, rather than asking if he made it. I was trying really hard to remember who was named in it and I only got a quick glance in the first place. Trying to fill in the blanks and he could slot in there somewhere.

Bryn Weadon is another who could easily be in there. Maybe he was the HBF.

By the way, Ziebell only needing six games to make it?

he didnt make it.

Farren Priest wins the best player in the comp medal but cant get into the team of the year?:confused:
And also wonder how 6 out of 19 games could of got ziebs in there?
i know his a great player and would be in the best side but isnt the team about who preformed well in the TAC over the year?

Just heard Farren Priest from the Bushies won it, can anyone confirm?

The players who will go close next year at the end of the TAC cup year will be in order of best Tom Scully, Daniel Hannerbry, Jack Purton-Smith. defientetly the best players in Vic Metro and jack was unfortunate not to make team for first rounds other wise would of made the vic metro team.

Bushrangers have the best backline in the competiton by far and not one of them in the TOTY?????

Klemke was on the other half back flank..
only 3 bushies. Rockcliff - ziebel - Klemke

Good to see hooper get in the side, he just keeps doing the right things, hope someone takes a risk on him this year :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

TAC Cup POTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back