TAC Cup Progess Scores?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't too many who didn't have a dip today, but better players were Kelly, McWhinney, Gray,Ainger took some strong marks, McKay, and Neratzoglou was a good contributor, but a pretty even effort first up. Chargers looked much fitter and faster than the Ranges, very good at ground level with constant pressure and tackling forced Ranges into many skill errors.
Batsanis and Connaughton did not play.

yeah i knew connougton didnt play. batsanis hurt his knee i think. how did dmac (dave mackay) go? saw he got named in the best!

McKay was busy all day, played well. Can't tell you much more, it was very much a "good team effort", very cliche I know but best team effort from the Chargers for a long time.

neatagreen said:
McKay was busy all day, played well. Can't tell you much more, it was very much a "good team effort", very cliche I know but best team effort from the Chargers for a long time.

N.Smith named BOG in the Age, often this report is inconsistent with football watches, how did he actually play???

Depends who chooses the BOG, if it is the coaching staff, maybe the player did a job and did it well. It's all subjective I guess, different people see different things that warrant a BOG performance. I would have placed others ahead of him but that's only my own opinion.

davo4030 said:
N.Smith named BOG in the Age, often this report is inconsistent with football watches, how did he actually play???

I also saw in the herald sun that Sandy Dragons defeated the Cannons in a "low scoring-encounter", this journalist was obviously going from the TAC Cup website which did show an incorrect score for a while yesterday. The fact that the Cannons actually won shows that the journalist isn't really interested in this competition.

davo4030 said:

I watched the whole match and thought Nick Smith played well, particularly in the first half, but wasn't best on.

For mine, it was a toss up between Dean Kelly and Ramy (can't remember last name).

Robert Gray also played very well. Great hands for a small forward.

neatagreen said:
I also saw in the herald sun that Sandy Dragons defeated the Cannons in a "low scoring-encounter", this journalist was obviously going from the TAC Cup website which did show an incorrect score for a while yesterday. The fact that the Cannons actually won shows that the journalist isn't really interested in this competition.
The Herald Sun always give the TAC Cup and VFL reporting to a cadet journalist, this year's writer has his picture in today's Herald Sun he doesn't look like he's that old.

Given the way Rebecca Williams and those in previous years write reports I tend to think the problem is more a Herald Sun directive of how they are to write the report. That is, summarise all games as quick as you can with three or four quotes from a regional manager and briefly mention the best players.

Remove this Banner Ad

TAC Cup Progess Scores?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back