TAC Cup Results

Remove this Banner Ad

rhino_19

Rookie
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Anyone got any info on the TAC Cup games from round 1??? Comments in the games???

Oakleigh by heaps, Geelong by heaps, Gippsland and Bendigo by a bit......

Northern Knights by heaps. Grimes and Kreuzer both very good. Knights small brigade was also very good depsite the absence of Cotchin and Premi. Sanfilippo and Zaharakis were both busy.

Smallest winning margin was 39 points and an average winning margin across the six matches of 79 points. Really a weekend of one sided games.

Hopefully the sides who got flogged on the weekend find their feet over Easter and come back more competitive units in Round 2.

calder dominated the dragons. although the dragons were very good.

maric was very good for the cannons

patty tyquin was probably sandy's best

very dissapointed in some of the games. thought it was going to be a very competitive round. seems like the top teams are already a level ahead of the others.

very dissapointed in some of the games. thought it was going to be a very competitive round. seems like the top teams are already a level ahead of the others.
Seems that way, Murray and Dandenong both losing by 100+ points was very surprising.

But if history means anything, Round 1 floggings mean nothing. You don't have to look much further than the Falcons in 2006 who got rolled by 10 goals in Round 1, then won their next 8 games. In 2005 the Knights lost their Round 1 game by 15 goals, but ended up in a Prelim Final that year.

Most sides had a lot of first gamers who will be a lot better for the experience of their first game. Also think grounds being closed cos of the drought has set the skill level of a few clubs back also, they'll improve.

definitely. i wouldn't be surprised if he was rookie listed. he may even get drafted between 40-60.

darcy daniher was also very impressive yesterday

definitely. i wouldn't be surprised if he was rookie listed. he may even get drafted between 40-60.

darcy daniher was also very impressive yesterday

I disagree. Will be lucky to get taken, the kid is tiny, would get eaten alive and no club will be willing to take that risk.
Is far to inconsistent anyway, goes missing far to often. Don't get me wrong he's a very good player, but as soon as it turns a bit physical he's pushed out of the game.

With Caruso missing out, it leaves little chance for Joyce, who Caruso excels over IMO.

Fella1--> Was he number 15, with the helmet? If so I was extremely disappointed with him. Found the ball a lot but was very sketchy. Dropped multiple marks out in the clear with no pressure what so ever, and when he had it tended to miscue most of he's kicks... Which i guess can be excused seeings its only first round. Still i was no impressed at all, as he caught my attention early by finding space a lot... But failed to do anything with it from there.
Btw Im not positive that it was Tsardakis, pretty sure he was 15 though?

Daniher got a big thumbs up. Took some really good marks, was quite impressive and looks set for a big year. I also really took a liking to number 12, Travis Dulic.
Anyone know much about him? Played at CHB and was very solid, providing a lot of run and taking some really good marks under pressure. Would have nearly been best on for me, he's a good size, moves very well and has a good set of hands. I'd be interested to hear a little more about him.

Arrowsmith looked good with it when he had it, but seemed to be held back a bit seeings Calder were already dominating.

Bongetti aka Bongo played a stupendous game, it was bonerfic and FATtastic. His style of play excites me in the pantal region, however he should bring back his HELMET from Greensborough Under 14s. He needs to go retro and bring it back, and so does Knights Brett Meredith who needs to bring back his crew cut from the Under 14 days at Mill Park. Brett used to kick goals from 50 metres out at the age of 7. Auskick 2007 get down and watch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree. Will be lucky to get taken, the kid is tiny, would get eaten alive and no club will be willing to take that risk.
Is far to inconsistent anyway, goes missing far to often. Don't get me wrong he's a very good player, but as soon as it turns a bit physical he's pushed out of the game.

With Caruso missing out, it leaves little chance for Joyce, who Caruso excels over IMO.

Fella1--> Was he number 15, with the helmet? If so I was extremely disappointed with him. Found the ball a lot but was very sketchy. Dropped multiple marks out in the clear with no pressure what so ever, and when he had it tended to miscue most of he's kicks... Which i guess can be excused seeings its only first round. Still i was no impressed at all, as he caught my attention early by finding space a lot... But failed to do anything with it from there.
Btw Im not positive that it was Tsardakis, pretty sure he was 15 though?

Daniher got a big thumbs up. Took some really good marks, was quite impressive and looks set for a big year. I also really took a liking to number 12, Travis Dulic.
Anyone know much about him? Played at CHB and was very solid, providing a lot of run and taking some really good marks under pressure. Would have nearly been best on for me, he's a good size, moves very well and has a good set of hands. I'd be interested to hear a little more about him.

Arrowsmith looked good with it when he had it, but seemed to be held back a bit seeings Calder were already dominating.

i was talking about daniher

No, you replied to the question asking if Dylan Joyce was AFL material.

Then added on that Daniher was impressive yesterday. Make sense?

Is Daniher looking like a full time CHF? Any one got a normal stat sheet unlike the ones on the TAC website, i get confused by it :p

he is certainly looking good. if not a CHF, definitely a forward flank

obviously it will just depend on whether or not he fills out

anyone know anything on jackson trentgrove a 1st year player who filled the role of full back for the cannons on the w.e i though he played an amazing game had 9 spoils and over 15 touches??

he looked great. some of his spoils were excellent.

he did a spoil where he jumped on the dragons' guys' back and punched the ball 30m. he could have taken mark of the year. he looks pretty exciting

Remove this Banner Ad

TAC Cup Results

Remove this Banner Ad

Back