TAC Cup Round 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Oakleigh lost to the likely wooden spooners today - with most of their private school kids back! Isn't this about as full strength as they'll get? Surely it's hard to tip them against the side currently sitting 1st on the ladder, regardless of how results in the competition have been falling of late.

Oakleigh lost to the likely wooden spooners today - with most of their private school kids back! Isn't this about as full strength as they'll get? Surely it's hard to tip them against the side currently sitting 1st on the ladder, regardless of how results in the competition have been falling of late.

You're probably right, but I saw them play some very impressive football in a couple of praccy games and in the 1st 2 rounds. Given they've hardly played together all year, they might need some time to gel together again, although it didn't look like Sandi needed that.

A couple of narrow losses have made Sandi look worse than they are IMO, they're not that bad a side.

Gippsland yesterday were a lot worse than Oakleigh were today though.

Murray and Northern for me. If Northern didnt lose Grimes they would be a monty. Calder cant replace neither Maric or P Smith. Maric is one off forward while Smiths only replacement was Armstrong and he has a broken arm.
I reckon Northern have the rucks to match Murray, a better midfield and Hurley to hold McEvoy.
Long way to go though............

Calder cant replace neither Maric or P Smith. Maric is one off forward while Smiths only replacement was Armstrong and he has a broken arm..
Geez they're dropping like flies at Calder. Although they've not had Smith or Maric for much of this season anyway, and I think in no match this year have both played in the same Cannons side. And they've still managed to win matches without them. How did Armstrong break his arm?

Was anyone at the oakleigh sandy game? i see glenn chivers got BOG for oakleigh. how did he play (obviously good, but just how gd?).

got asked for a SS, which i thought he deserved but if this form continues, could a relatively unknown to people outside of school footy and the APS be a potential top 30 even 20?

seen the kid play 5 times and he's impressed the hell through me except 1 game against my own skool :p. 3 times at oakleigh (missed 2days game) and 2wice in skool footy and he reminds me a lot of Gilbert from the saints, an athletic, big, running HBF come CHB.

any thoughts, especially people who have seen him play today or this year even?

yeah i was down at the oakleigh sandy game today, chivers was really good for oakleigh, one of the only shining lights of their poor performance today. imo he is good enough to get drafted onto a senior list, if not will be a great pick up for any club on a rookie list.
for the dragons i was super impressed with john shaw. played an awesome game in the ruck. i dont know much about him but have heard he is a chance come november. can anyone shed more on him?

You're probably right, but I saw them play some very impressive football in a couple of praccy games and in the 1st 2 rounds. Given they've hardly played together all year, they might need some time to gel together again, although it didn't look like Sandi needed that.

A couple of narrow losses have made Sandi look worse than they are IMO, they're not that bad a side.

Gippsland yesterday were a lot worse than Oakleigh were today though.

Sandy ran over Oakleigh through the middle today. The Chargers simply didnt have an answer to Shaws tap work and the run from Burnett, Cook,Calder,Gilder and a few others. Cook in particular carved them up in the middle and also kicked a couple of goals when resting up forward.

yeah i was down at the oakleigh sandy game today, chivers was really good for oakleigh, one of the only shining lights of their poor performance today. imo he is good enough to get drafted onto a senior list, if not will be a great pick up for any club on a rookie list.
for the dragons i was super impressed with john shaw. played an awesome game in the ruck. i dont know much about him but have heard he is a chance come november. can anyone shed more on him?
i wrote something about him in the mock 25 thread i think. cbf writing a player profile now :p

That's actually not unrealistic. Firstly, Murray should easily account for Nth Ballarat, and then a Sandingham team boosted by the inclusion of about 10 private school kids suddenly looks threatening. Also, I think Oakleigh with a full team will easily account for Gippsland and Eastern.

Oakleigh look like a pretty decent chance to make the finals now. If they do they will be serious flag contenders IMO.

Whoever finishes 5th would be unlucky to meet them if they make it. There's literally one game separating 1st to 5th!

Geez they're dropping like flies at Calder. Although they've not had Smith or Maric for much of this season anyway, and I think in no match this year have both played in the same Cannons side. And they've still managed to win matches without them. How did Armstrong break his arm?

Playing for APS?. Went for a tackle and pop. Youre right about Smith and maric not playing in the same side but Maric and Joyce in a forward line with Daniher, Laidler, Mckernan and Considine would have been difficult to top I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was anyone at the oakleigh sandy game? i see glenn chivers got BOG for oakleigh. how did he play (obviously good, but just how gd?).

got asked for a SS, which i thought he deserved but if this form continues, could a relatively unknown to people outside of school footy and the APS be a potential top 30 even 20?

seen the kid play 5 times and he's impressed the hell through me except 1 game against my own skool :p. 3 times at oakleigh (missed 2days game) and 2wice in skool footy and he reminds me a lot of Gilbert from the saints, an athletic, big, running HBF come CHB.

any thoughts, especially people who have seen him play today or this year even?

Another BOG for Oakleigh yesterday for Chivers.

Oakleigh look like a pretty decent chance to make the finals now. If they do they will be serious flag contenders IMO.
I know you're a bit Oakleigh biased macca, but surely "pretty decent chance" should read "slim chance". They have to beat Eastern (who are higher placed than them on the ladder) next Saturday - and surely at best thats a 50-50 game - and rely on Sandringham beating Nth Ballarat which is possible but again I wouldn't be banking on that result either.

Whoever finishes 5th would be unlucky to meet them if they make it. There's literally one game separating 1st to 5th!.
Exactly. Most likely it will be the loser of Murray and Western who miss out, but there are a heap of scenarios, might sit down later and work them out.

Is it that obvious :eek::p.

Oakleigh bias aside, they (Oakleigh) are starting to gel with all their private school kids back and just knocked off the top side yesterday, I'd back them to account for Eastern.

Not all that confident about the other result though. Sandi have looked a pretty decent side the last few weeks, haven't seen Ballarat play for a while, but their results aren't too flash.

Remove this Banner Ad

TAC Cup Round 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back