Preview Taking on the 150 year olds - Freo -v- Swans at the SCG, round 16 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think even if best case we are competitive for 3 quarters to even up the contest and scoreboard, Swans will overrun us in the last quarter to win by 30-50 points.

Like others I just hope we are competitive

It will build huge belief and the hunger will be there when it comes to the pointy end of the season when we get some cattle back ( and hopefully none out )

I’ll be cheering it on the radio so hopefully it’s worth a watch on replay 🤞

CAAAARRRRN DOCKERS ⚓⚓⚓

Control the stoppages and win the tactical battle. We're two players short of our best 23, yes they're both key defenders, but their replacements are not traffic cones. Protect the weak spot by playing a press.

Have a plan in place for Jordan (of course they do). Don't get beaten by what you know. They beat us with pressure last time. We know how to counter that. I think that Sydney are wary of us and they know we're one team that has the personnel to beat them.

As long as our lads turn up to play, meaning the effort and intensity is there, this game will be won and lost in the coaches box. Hunt them down.

The most important match up today is Darcy VS. Grundy. The victor of this match up wins their team the game IMO. And Jackson must dominate both mid and forward.

A win makes top four not just possible, but likely. There's a huge carrot for us. Can Sydney maintain the edge after 10 straight wins?

It's going to be one hell of a game. Let's go Freo.

Going to be a tough challenge today, but we have the team to cause an upset. Need everything to go right against the flag favorites obviously.

Swans have never been a fan of the day time game, and they are due for a 'bring down to Earth loss' so you never know. Fingers crossed

I remember that game in 2010 as it was the first time I'd ever had a good look at that Fyfe kid. Wow! It was from that match that I started telling my friends he was the best kid in the game. According to my wife it is one of only two things I ever got right.

This time you have a number of midfield guns starting to blossom as well as a ruck duo that will wear Grundy down, and a couple of key forwards that will be so good that Collingwood and Geelong are probably already preparing third-party deals for them.

All the best.
Got his first Brownlow votes that game, tagging Ryan O’Keeffe

Well we've seen glimpses of good football this season from Freo ,but this will take a full 4 quarters of concentration to pull off a win.
Bottom 6 players need to have their best games of the season and that's where the worry is ,Draper ,Davies,Banfield,Sturt,Walker and Johnson need to all beat their opponents for us to have a chance .I think these players are the difference between the 2 teams .
We will probably know in the first 15 minutes if we are tough enough to Match a very good team.

e20672597631ea3e7efdc0b18a779cc9.jpg

Looks like Aish ain’t happy about being sub

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is going to suck. 10+ goal defeat coming up and because of injuries there isn't a thing we can do about it.

Aish as sub instead of Fyfe adds to the hurt considering the swans midfield spread
How so?

We clearly have two players in Aish and Fyfe going below their best at the moment but only one could be sub.

I think we need the experience of Fyfe in the midfield more than Aish in the backline today ( it’s where we have to dominate to have a chance), so I believe we have acknowledged our lack of experience in the backline and have chosen a team that can go quick. It’s a gamble but what better team to gamble against? Might even be exciting.

You are probably right about the ten goal difference in the teams, but I don’t think this selection will be the cause.

This is going to suck. 10+ goal defeat coming up and because of injuries there isn't a thing we can do about it.

Aish as sub instead of Fyfe adds to the hurt considering the swans midfield spread
Putting all our eggs in the clearance basket. Win clearance, smack it on the boot for JJJ to get to work i50. It's a short oval so our pace isn't going to to do much.

Not sure it'll work, but it's the right move tactically.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really have to get on top of the midfield, and the backline really has to avoid giving too many marks inside 50 with Draper and Davies lacking in a bit of muscle against the Swans forwards. Chappy, Clark, Aish, Ryan and Walker really need to help those guys as much as possible, with Sharp, Johnson and O'Meara (when playing wing) getting back to help.

We have to take our chances as well - so getting the shots inside 30m is crucial, and hopefully the boys have their kicking boots on.
you picked it so well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back