Footy Dept. Talent & Operations Manager Matt Rosa

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Essendon and Carlton hired people to head up an analytics team 2 years ago.

Before that I don’t believe either team had anything.

I believe it comes out of soft cap spending so outsourcing a lot makes sense to some degree given the cost of really good data people.
Thanks for the reply. :thumbsu:

I’m not sure if it’s public access yet but this snippet is on socials now

Can’t access it but from that shot why is he sitting in a car park? We really should give him a better office

"Yeah he's a contracted player and he's been playing some really good footy this year"
Equals you will need to cough up a little more than your first offer :)

Best thing I have heard him say. In one of the trade radio interviews he mentioned we are looking for more running power.

Seems to present in a measured fashion which differentiates him from about half the other list managers in the AFL who either present as sleazy used car salesmen or sweaty nerds.

I'd be interested to know what they do as from what I can tell the in-house people at AFL clubs don't have the expertise to do anything meaningful with all the data they generate, and so they often get in outside people (my brother has done some of this work with a few teams).

What's your brother's job title? I ask this because that's exactly what I do in my line of work and I'd love to explore the idea of doing that for a footy team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's your brother's job title? I ask this because that's exactly what I do in my line of work and I'd love to explore the idea of doing that for a footy team.
He's an academic working in econometrics. I think he did the footy related work either as part of research or maybe freelance, not sure.

What’s the early take on Rosa versus his superstar predecessor? 🤔 maybe by now Dodo would have given the Package and Lav 5-year contracts and sent off our current and future 1st and second rounders for Luke Parker…?

Is it just me or is Essendon enamoured with West Coast's No. 24?

Woosha, Rosa and Xavier O'Neill.

Better make a move on Harvey Johnston in the next few years.

Also, IIRC, Luke Partington was a Bombers fan prior to being the Eagles' first 2015 selection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Dept. Talent & Operations Manager Matt Rosa