Footy Dept. Talent & Operations Manager Matt Rosa

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade week is Hawks and Tigers to loose

Tigers looking to get a bounty of FRPs from guys that want to leave and could have up to 9 top 30 picks when alls said and done. Maybe more.

Hawks seemingly have battle and Barass locked up while not needing much.

Honestly not sure what Essendon could do to be considered to have won trade week Short of getting a Star out of nowhere.

Swapping Parish for Houston outright would be a huge win. (And yes I know not happening)

The irony of criticising posts on a board that solely exists for people to give their views…positive or negative (and yes, including your right to give your view about my post)…but yeah let’s all pretend no one is pissed about the last 20 years…

Having said that, I really just want us in a position where the coach can have a crack with (mostly) his own players and coaching staff, and with not 1 hand tied behind his back due to background noise…we all know what I’m speaking about. I don’t think he’s had that so far…clean air.

I’m fully backing Vozzo, Scott and Rosa to fix this.
I get that. And understand it. But, because of what’s happened previously, doesn’t mean it will happen in the future.

The club has some taken some real strong steps getting the footy department back to where we should be. The reward for the patience is coming.

I’m not really agreeing with any of that.

Break out season in 22, still at that same standard but injured for part of 23, unceremoniously punted in 24.

Wright again now finds himself in the same position he was in on the GC where he’s an under-utilised commodity by an idiot coach who’s giving him the cold shoulder.
Clutching at straws comes to mind.
He gets under-utilised because he has too many short comings and got plenty of chances. Not like the made him play VFL before the end of the year.
It is not the idiotic coach. It is blind faith. Same as Perkins. Given every chance to play in the position he wanted to play and was drafted to play.
It seems the coach is only idiotic when the player you rate is not really the player you think he is.

Last edited:

It’s self sabotage because you get a worse immediate outcome because we’re a better team with Wright in the side now AND it’s not good for Caddy’s development because he will get smacked on the regular, and physically beat up as well. You are making a significant investment in Caddy and then setting him up to fail.

I don’t think you can reasonably say Wright is a culture killer when they’ve exiled him and then completely wilted without him two years in a row. The last time he played a full year he lead us to finals. If you want to talk about really poor cultural reflections how about Wright getting stuff all support from anyone at the club when he got suspended? The Swans named Heeney in the seniors after he got rubbed out, backed him to the hilt and defended him to the end of the earth. I bet he feels loved and wanted up there.
Wright should have got better support. Including us appealing.

But he’s on the outer because he is one of the main reasons teams punish us when they get their hands on the football. The year he “led us to finals” we were shocking in defending opposition I50s from our forward turnovers. Transition defense needs immediate pressure from forwards and he is a witches hat. Only takes one weak link to create overlap.

I honestly don’t think he makes the current team better. Like on a really good day for him, yep. On other days, no. It’s 50/50 with him and Draper.

The commitment to playing two rucks means it’s not Draper vs Wright - it’s actually Draper, Bryan and Wright vs Draper and Bryan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Dept. Talent & Operations Manager Matt Rosa